SaltyDog HalfDork
4/23/19 2:56 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I paid a LOT of bills running one!

Brought bac a few memories. laugh

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/23/19 4:04 p.m.

Ive spent the last few nights/spare minutes of the day washing and detailing and waxing my truck. 

For the first time.

Since i painted it.

Last year.

An i LIKE doing it this way!

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/23/19 10:12 p.m.

There's a growing pile of car parts in my room with a number of reasons attached to each one as to why they aren't on one of my E36 M3ty wannabe racecars. Is this normal?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/23/19 10:21 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

It really is like having a drunk midget running around the house. She never shuts up but you can only make out about a third of the words, "I'm hungry! Play with me! I don't want a nap!!", why are you crying? The doggy said she doesn't like me, then throw in the occasional accident and previously mentioned clumsiness, and wow I always thought it was a joke. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/23/19 10:25 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Yes

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/24/19 12:29 a.m.

Actually i remembered part of the reason that clutch/brake pedal assembly is there is because if I want to do the trans swap before doing suspension on the GTA, I need to buy more jack stands. Because the GTA is on all 4 of my good stands with the axle out of it.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/26/19 2:23 p.m.

I had an appointment today over lunch. It was a 10 minute appointment, but due to extenuating circumstances I had to wait for an hour prior to being seen. I'd given myself plenty of time to get there, and it was 10 minutes away. Because of the hour wait, and my being early even on top of that, I ended up taking a 1:45 minute lunch. Nobody at work noticed; in fact my boss had been offsite at our other location and asked if I'd taken my lunch yet... after I'd gotten back.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/26/19 8:55 p.m.

I looked at a car for a forum member today that was the dirtiest car I've seen outside a junkyard. I told him to buy it because it was cheeeeeeeeeeap and I don't have to do most of the cleaning. I think he's going to be pissed when he sees it but happy when it gets cleaned up. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/27/19 6:36 a.m.

I actually stood and watched the entire 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. I’m not a football fan but man was it fun watching the people.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/28/19 1:33 a.m.

So all these layoff threads, the fact that I'm 3 months in with the company I'm at with limited experience and some ugly rumors about money troubles and management issues from up top makes me think I need to get smarter with my money.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/28/19 2:08 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Strive towards debt free living with an emergency fund.  It took me a while but you can fire me tomorrow - the good Lord has allowed me to prepare for this and I’m not going to sweat.   

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/28/19 2:21 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Luckily I'm nearly debt free (very small student loan) but I haven't exactly been doing much in the way of saving. I'm in a situation where I easily could, but I sort of have been doing the obvious thing somebody in their 20s does when they suddenly double their income.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/19 4:32 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

As someone in their (very early) 40s who is striving to pay off all debt and set up some financial padding... the reason why people in their 20s (me included) do that is because they haven't yet had the fun of suddenly being without income.

That happened to me twice.  The first time I was 22 and didn't have any debt or anything to lose, so I DGAF.  Earlier this year, though, I had payments to make and obligations to keep, and WOW it is amazing how fast a credit card will rack up when you're mainly living on credit and using your dwindling small pile of money on making minimum payments so they don't cancel the card.

(Bright side:  It did turn out to be a smart move in the end.  I'm paying off said card at the rate of what my income at my last job used to be.  After that's paid off (well, pared off:  I have recurring bills auto-paid by the CC so it will never be "zero") the car gets paid off next, and by the time the CC is done there will be about $1000-1200 left on the car so I can pay that off in one go.  And then it will take ALL the willpower to not find the cleanest used Focus RS and buy it, especially at the rate they are depreciating - I saw them listed in the $30k range, with under 20k miles)

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/28/19 5:58 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Spending is more ok when you have already saved. Work toward a couple months expenses in a separate account. Once you have that, loosen up for a bit and reevaluate. 

Knurled.
4/28/19 6:26 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Something someone who had more disposable income than I did told me to do something very smart.  Figure how much you are comfortable spending on a car payment - say $400 a month.  Put that in a separate account NOW.  Don't touch it.  After five years, then buy your next car with cash, or if you can get a loan with less interest than your account makes (this is rarer now than it used to be...) then put down enough to get the low interest rate and pay for the car out of that account.  But still keep putting money into it - this is your "car payment" for the NEXT car.

Works a treat if you can get that started.  And it gives you the reality of the car payment, and if you do get laid off, well, looks like you're not buying a new car anytime soon anyway, right?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/19 7:37 a.m.

Dinner for three, at the firehouse:

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/28/19 7:40 p.m.

So as i now have room for another vehicle since BoxheadTim very kindly bought my 95 M. I am turning its plates in tomorrow and removing it from my insurance and will be asking my agent about insuring an imported JDM car. I have found one I like on CL out of Greenville, SC and it is priced right. I will actually probably rallycross it though it really isnt the right tool for the job and is a big body JDM sedan with an auto and a NA 2J.... but it has a cooler in the dash which is dope.

Knurled.
4/28/19 9:04 p.m.
MrChaos said:

So as i now have room for another vehicle since BoxheadTim very kindly bought my 95 M. I am turning its plates in tomorrow and removing it from my insurance and will be asking my agent about insuring an imported JDM car. I have found one I like on CL out of Greenville, SC and it is priced right. I will actually probably rallycross it though it really isnt the right tool for the job and is a big body JDM sedan with an auto and a NA 2J.... but it has a cooler in the dash which is dope.

I think I know what importer you're talking about since I was eyeing something on their website and thinking ".... I could actually afford that".

Disclaimer:  I can't actually afford it yet.

Also:  Still want a '95 M3 for a Stock-class rallycross annihilator.  Absolutely has to be a '95 because that was the only year they had "square" wheels.

MrChaos
4/28/19 9:09 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

idk there are like 3 or 4 around Greenville plus Duncan in Christianburg, VA

in considering the 92 Crown.

also stock class annihilator here is a 4th gen ls1 crammit z28 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/29/19 12:05 a.m.

The other night I got bored and watched the Lorena Bobbitt documentary on Prime. (The first episode anyway.) It's good to see that the man tasked with reattaching the hootus is a man that takes pride in his work.

Knurled.
4/29/19 5:39 a.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

Yep.  For some reason I had Crowns on the brain.

MrChaos
4/29/19 5:51 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

it depends on my finances once i get paid tomorrow.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/29/19 8:42 a.m.

My BIL couldn't find a good truck for Zach my nephew. I found a 4x4 Toyota up here in Missouri, did basic repairs and stuff, then lusted after it even though it was for my nephew.

I should have kept it. These are from yesterday, it flooded in Louisiana where they live, the boat got hung on trees, he's retrieving the boat from the bayou... And yes it still runs and came out fine.

I want that truck back. -- Edit -- well, I sort of want a Toyota pickup, one with new fluids and dry seats to be completely honest.

wink

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/29/19 9:16 a.m.

I blamed my son for taking my phone charging cable whenin fact I had set it in a different spot on my desk.

Is this what getting old is really like? I'm not a fan.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/1/19 6:33 a.m.

I've been hauling a floor jack around in the back seat of the Mustang since Saturday. Needed it to help a friend with her Scion and haven't remembered to take it out yet.

1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IbaLNg4q95b3U8553nTmAV49xBkFWQMhanD4dYwDJaYsVL5bhc1swTHJDs09LGx9