1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 ... 441
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/20/19 7:38 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

My dad failed on that front too. I had to learn from Jay Leno.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
5/20/19 8:20 p.m.

My son found a 20 minute Youtube video of highlights from 11foot8.com.  I watched all 20 minutes and laughed, a lot.  I am a bad person.  

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/20/19 8:27 p.m.

My parents, born in the 19-teens, used the phrase, "That's a doozy" for something that was a pretty big deal.  I didn't figure out, until far too late in my life, that the saying was, "That's a Deusey"

I may very well have learned that from Jay Leno.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/20/19 10:52 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

First thing I asked Lil Stampie was hasn't he heard "That's a doozy"?  Nope he hasn't. Double fail on Dad. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/21/19 1:00 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Watch that first step, it’s a Doo-o-o-o-o-zy!

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/21/19 2:47 a.m.
kazoospec said:

My son found a 20 minute Youtube video of highlights from 11foot8.com.  I watched all 20 minutes and laughed, a lot.  I am a bad person.  

Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude, sometimes.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/22/19 9:57 p.m.

I just saw a grown ass man get scared and jump on top of a table because of a large bug crawling on the ground near his feet.

I laughed at him.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/24/19 3:25 p.m.

Car insurance telemarketer called me. I had some time to waste so I decided to see what they could tell me for a quote. I got disconnected part of the way through listing off 4 worthless 80s and 90s E36 M3boxes for some reason...

imgon
imgon HalfDork
5/24/19 6:21 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I've done that with the extended warranty people, yeah you can get my 87 RX7 coverage,  dial tone comes quickly 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/24/19 10:17 p.m.

I'm more nervous about pissing off the 70 something year old Catholic School teacher mother of the groom than I am about actually doing the ceremony tomorrow.  I plagiarized, err "took inspiration from", a great ceremony, everybody loves it that has read it so far, but she still doesn't know I'm officiating. It's not like I see her all the time or have a kid in her class, it's just getting to me. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/25/19 9:30 a.m.
imgon said:

In reply to Daylan C :

I've done that with the extended warranty people, yeah you can get my 87 RX7 coverage,  dial tone comes quickly 

I do that with them too. One of them will finally give a plan for my '87 GTA I know it.

Knurled.
5/25/19 9:32 a.m.
Daylan C said:

I just saw a grown ass man get scared and jump on top of a table because of a large bug crawling on the ground near his feet.

I laughed at him.

imgon said:

In reply to Daylan C :

I've done that with the extended warranty people,

I LOL'd

Knurled.
5/25/19 9:34 a.m.

Confession:  Don't check out eBay while non-sober.

I may have accidentally bought a turbo for a car that isn't running yet.  But hey it was $200 shipped.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/25/19 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I wish that's all I did while non sober right about now...

Knurled.
5/25/19 9:46 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Hey, it might get me off my ass to finish the Quantum.  Because K24-7400.  If it's good enough for a 8.5:1 compression 2.5l 20v 5cyl 3800lb car (teh R), it should be more than awesome enough for a 7:1 compression 2.3l 10v 5cyl 2800lb car.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/25/19 1:59 p.m.

Really starting to think living in an RV in a 100'x50' metal building wouldnt be too bad.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
5/25/19 2:21 p.m.

I rented a pressure washer to clean up my patio. The confession? I kinda wish I had bought one instead...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
5/25/19 2:40 p.m.
cmcgregor said:

I rented a pressure washer to clean up my patio. The confession? I kinda wish I had bought one instead...

My F-I-Law got me one of those $100 Coleman 1200psi electric pressure washers that are really 90psi when Builders Square went out of business.  I’ve hated it for 20+ years.  I used it last weekend and put it back in the box thinking I could sell it on clist or fbook for $5 or $10.

Yesterday I quietly put it in the garbage.  Yes, I’m filling the landfill but I feel really good about it.  

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/25/19 4:05 p.m.
RevRico said:

I'm more nervous about pissing off the 70 something year old Catholic School teacher mother of the groom than I am about actually doing the ceremony tomorrow.  I plagiarized, err "took inspiration from", a great ceremony, everybody loves it that has read it so far, but she still doesn't know I'm officiating. It's not like I see her all the time or have a kid in her class, it's just getting to me. 

She cried. I win.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/25/19 5:23 p.m.

I was completely juvenile leaving the car meet. Like, did a burnout. And it made me giggle. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/19 7:32 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

What were you driving?

Dusterbd13-michael
5/25/19 7:36 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

The miata. Torsen works!

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/25/19 7:40 p.m.

Not sure anybody's gonna be upset about a Miata burnout. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/25/19 7:44 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Its obnoxiously loud. But does great second gear burnouts! The club guys dug it. And it was the back of an empty parking lot  so relatively safe

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
5/25/19 8:43 p.m.

One of the main reasons I like having dogs is I like having someone get really excited whenever I walk in the door.

1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cvqPrvuK7FGLOFfFa7ok4T4ZYX22AhYLsS8nrhkn1pbZnddFilhGe9b6iC2TFX99