1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 ... 441
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/19 7:21 a.m.

I want Honda to make a Volvo station wagon. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/19 3:39 p.m.

I’ve got a million things to do.  Instead I spent three hours at the car wash cleaning the Buick for the first time in probably over a year, went for a long walk, and rejoined weight watchers to try and lose the weight I put on last year. I got nothing done that I needed to but don’t feel quite as bad as I usually do.

It could use a good day with a clay bar and wax but it’s better that it was. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/19 4:33 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

The downhill section around the back got scary in the afternoon session.  Like leaving the ground at the slightest provocation and you'd crash into the crest of the next yump.  It sucked a lot.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/19 7:30 p.m.

Wally, just remember it took a long time to put it on, so be patient about taking it off.  Be realistic about your goals and you’ll be fine.  Best of luck, my friend!

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/3/19 8:45 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
stanger_missle said:

Somebody has already done something I have been wondering about:

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/in-a-world-of-wrxs-and-miatas-be-a-rallyvan-1834951348

I'm happy to know there are other weirdos out there cheeky

Sweet, I’m a published photographer!  It was so fun seeing that thing tear around the course.  The field did seem smoother than our usual home location.

I did notice the RX7 with the GRM sticker and thought it was definitely someone I'd seen on the forum.

That Civic though. Man, no mosquitos for 10 square miles!

That looks like a great venue and the turn out seems pretty good!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/19 9:04 p.m.
stanger_missle said:
eastsideTim said:
stanger_missle said:

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/in-a-world-of-wrxs-and-miatas-be-a-rallyvan-1834951348

Sweet, I’m a published photographer!  It was so fun seeing that thing tear around the course.  The field did seem smoother than our usual home location.

I did notice the RX7 with the GRM sticker and thought it was definitely someone I'd seen on the forum.

Hey, I know that dude. 

Knurled.
6/3/19 9:15 p.m.
stanger_missle said:
eastsideTim said:
stanger_missle said:

Probably not.  I'm not on the GRM forums.  I mean, he's not.  That guy, that is.  He's also not the guy I am in the leather hat in the background of that pic.

It's only after a hard left turn (maybe right, I forget; but definitely only one of them) when a certain driver who leaves it in first gear is driving it.  My Golf would do the same thing under similar conditions, except instead of the oil collecting to where it flooded the intake manifold, it collected to where it blew out over the exhaust manifold, with interesting (in the Chinese sense) results.

Knurled.
6/3/19 9:21 p.m.
EvanB said:
stanger_missle said:
eastsideTim said:
stanger_missle said:

Hey, I know that dude. 

You sure?  I thought his car had a heavily ventilated bare aluminuminum hood and a white top.  That car clearly has an unmodified painted hood and a black top.

buenavides1
buenavides1 New Reader
6/4/19 12:14 a.m.

I was supposed to install the patio dog door for my beagle last Saturday but have been busy browsing the internet and buying stuff that I don't need. indecisionno

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/4/19 8:18 a.m.

I grossly understimated how heavy the front bumper on a box Caprice is. Now thinking I should probably come back with a 2nd pair of hands to fix this filler panel/bumper alignment issue.

And yes I'm that annoyed by a cosmetic issue on my engine-less wagon that I'm trying to fix it instead of getting the broken bolts out of the heads I plan on using on this car.

EDIT: turns out I'm stupid and incorrectly remembered how that panel fits. Putting it back together exactly how I took it apart now...

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/4/19 9:26 a.m.

Being distracted is going to cost me about $100.  I was replacing the front struts, air bags and air compressor in my wifes R class over the weekend.  It is recommended that you also replace the relay for the compressor, I looked through my bin of fuses and relays and found a new one that I thought would work and popped it in.  I then hear a pop and a wif of ozone.  A few choice words are said and the car will not run for more than 10 seconds or so.  Luckily one of the yards here has two used fuse boxes.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/4/19 9:36 a.m.
Knurled. said:
stanger_missle said:

It's only after a hard left turn (maybe right, I forget; but definitely only one of them) when a certain driver who leaves it in first gear is driving it.  My Golf would do the same thing under similar conditions, except instead of the oil collecting to where it flooded the intake manifold, it collected to where it blew out over the exhaust manifold, with interesting (in the Chinese sense) results.

Early S2000s would do it as well. One of the S2000s that autocrosses with us will lay a James Bond-grade smokescreen when the stars (or cones) align a certain way.

Knurled.
6/5/19 12:17 p.m.

Every time I hear "Dust in the Wind", I laugh because So-crates.

Same for "Every Rose has a Thorn".

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/5/19 1:24 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

So from the transit connect article it says something about a FB RX7 that is operated by a million angry bees. That is yours isnt it?

Knurled.
6/5/19 1:31 p.m.
MrChaos said:

In reply to Knurled. :

So from the transit connect article it says something about a FB RX7 that is operated by a million angry bees. That is yours isnt it?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/tales-from-the-batcave-rx-7-rallycross-misc-stuff-/136340/page14/

Page starts with my experience of the event, page 13 has the gory pics/videos. Short version: the rear muffler fell off on the way to the event.  It sucked.  Sisu.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/5/19 3:05 p.m.

I have just done a monumentally stupid thing. 

I booted British car owners from my shop about ten years ago, because either they don't remember the pain, they never experienced the pain in the day but "Its so cute!" or they think, "If I just spend enough money, it will be just as good as my Corolla".  I now have a rather insulting series of questions that usually solves my problem- "You know why British Leyland failed, right?", "You know this thing will still need a piece of cardboard under it to soak up the fluids after I've fixed it, right?" "You know that part of the joy of owning a British car is the excitement that comes from never knowing if you are going to make it home, right?" and, "You know this will never run as well as your Corolla, right?"

I just told a TR7 owner I'd assess his car, which has been sitting since 07.  He's never owned a British car before.  It was his Mother in laws car, and his wife, who can't drive a stick, wants it because Mom.

Why can't I just tell people to take a long walk on a short pier?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/19 9:39 p.m.

Back when my $400 daily drivers had vinyl seats and no air conditioning, they didn’t smell like farts every time I got inside.

In those days, a Vanillaroma Little Tree air freshener could work miracles. 

I miss that. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/6/19 7:36 a.m.
Knurled. said:
MrChaos said:

In reply to Knurled. :

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/tales-from-the-batcave-rx-7-rallycross-misc-stuff-/136340/page14/

Page starts with my experience of the event, page 13 has the gory pics/videos. Short version: the rear muffler fell off on the way to the event.  It sucked.  Sisu.

So you are a human-shaped gestalt of bees?

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/6/19 7:37 a.m.

I am headed down to Joisey tomorrow for Formula Drift NJ. After my surprise transmission explosion last fall, I am leary of taking long trips in the Miata now.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/6/19 7:43 a.m.

Im beginning to enjoy bodywork. Especially the wetsanding and buffing of fresh paint. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/6/19 7:52 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Might want to see a doctor about that cheeky

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/6/19 7:54 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Agreed. Probably time for stronger psychotropic drugs.....

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/6/19 7:47 p.m.

I almost put my SL1 in the ditch when it started pulling to the right spinning through  3rd in the rain last night. I should probably put tires on that thing but for now it's fun doing 1 wheel peels on pencil erasers.

Knurled.
6/6/19 7:56 p.m.
NickD said:
Knurled. said:
MrChaos said:

In reply to Knurled. :

So you are a human-shaped gestalt of bees?

That's.... actually a character in a web comic that I read.  (Skin Horse:  6 days per week of weirdness since 200something, plus something extra on Sunday)

But no.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/6/19 7:59 p.m.

You know how the Expendables movies are older action stars part of a huge ensemble cast? There are 2 notable exceptions: Kurt Russel and...Sigorny Weaver. Yeah, the Expendables needs Snake Plissken AND Ellen Ripley.

1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SiNZltVL15oXSJ5jQzjkFjCOvQ9kQuns28HLPs8sQxE2sbB65IkrypRkkEhzjWRQ