NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/6/19 8:04 p.m.
Knurled. said:
NickD said:
Knurled. said:
MrChaos said:

In reply to Knurled. :

So from the transit connect article it says something about a FB RX7 that is operated by a million angry bees. That is yours isnt it?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/tales-from-the-batcave-rx-7-rallycross-misc-stuff-/136340/page14/

Page starts with my experience of the event, page 13 has the gory pics/videos. Short version: the rear muffler fell off on the way to the event.  It sucked.  Sisu.

So you are a human-shaped gestalt of bees?

That's.... actually a character in a web comic that I read.  (Skin Horse:  6 days per week of weirdness since 200something, plus something extra on Sunday)

But no.

That was also a Spider-Man villian. Except it was a gestalt of bees that was also a Nazi

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/19 8:11 p.m.
Appleseed said:

You know how the Expendables movies are older action stars part of a huge ensemble cast? There are 2 notable exceptions: Kurt Russel and...Sigorny Weaver. Yeah, the Expendables needs Snake Plissken AND Ellen Ripley.

As a fan of both of the Escape movies, AND Alien: Resurrection (berk you, it's my favorite), where the hero character is both not a hero and is quite reluctant to be a hero in the first place, I approve.

(everybody to Snake):  "I thought you were dead!"

(Ron Perlman, as a character loosely based on Animal Mother and later recreated again by Adam Baldwin as Jayne): "I heard you fought these things before.  What did you do?"

(Ellen Ripley, Badass Extraordinaire):  "I died."

(later, a Random Buy About to Die): "I thought you were dead!"

Ellen (still a badass):  "Yeah, I get that a lot" 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/7/19 9:06 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Im beginning to enjoy bodywork. Especially the wetsanding and buffing of fresh paint. 

You're about to make a lot of new friends....

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
6/7/19 9:26 a.m.
Daylan C said:

I almost put my SL1 in the ditch when it started pulling to the right spinning through  3rd in the rain last night. I should probably put tires on that thing but for now it's fun doing 1 wheel peels on pencil erasers.

Careful spinning the tires in a Saturn - unless you like replacing transmissions. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
6/7/19 11:31 a.m.

Smells like boiled eggs? That was me. I'm that guy today.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/7/19 12:07 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor :

There will be no transmissions replaced in the $200 should have been totalled already Saturn.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/19 2:29 p.m.

the berkeleyits hit me pretty hard right before lunch.  

Knurled.
6/7/19 4:19 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to cmcgregor :

There will be no transmissions replaced in the $200 should have been totalled already Saturn.

I am honestly shocked that it lasted this long... usually the diff pins would stick to a spider gear and snap on the first one-wheel-spin incident.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/7/19 4:32 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Mine must be cursed because it's happen a few times now. 

Also. I just got another extended warranty call.

"Can you please verify the year make and model of your car?"

"1999 Saturn SL1"

*click*

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/7/19 6:22 p.m.

A 1970's Lincoln Continental coupe white with a tan vinyl top with a 460 and a 3 speed would make a terrible rallycross car right? surprise right?

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/7/19 6:38 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

Big block fixes everything so you should be good.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/19 9:11 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

It depends if you’re playing racecar driver or fleeing dictator in which it would be an ideal car.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
6/8/19 7:28 a.m.

For the first time in 10 years i’m sitting in a Jiffy Lube waiting room.  TM and the girls are about to drive to Florida and I decided to be a bit lazy and just bring the new-to-us accord in for a live and top up by them instead of crawling under it myself.

Knurled.
6/8/19 7:37 a.m.
MrChaos said:

A 1970's Lincoln Continental coupe white with a tan vinyl top with a 460 and a 3 speed would make a terrible rallycross car right? surprise right?

That depends on how much you like being frustrated, or if you don't care that you collect fifteen cones per run because the thing won't actually fit in the course.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/8/19 8:46 a.m.

I couldn’t help myself

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/8/19 10:40 a.m.
Knurled. said:
MrChaos said:

That depends on how much you like being frustrated, or if you don't care that you collect fifteen cones per run because the thing won't actually fit in the course.

nevermind they wanted 10k for it.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/8/19 10:57 a.m.

I just got off the phone with a friend in Indiana who is planning on buying a Northstar powered stretch limo and going runway racing with it. Specifically Airstrip Attack Indy this year. Neither of us could find a problem with this plan other than trying to keep a Northstar from leaking oil so it could pass tech.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/8/19 11:03 a.m.

I don’t like golfing.  I suck.  I like driving golf carts though.  Being in sales it’s a constant question and discussion with people.  

I had a recent job interview and was asked what I do for fun (these guys play old man hockey leagues)

“I putter in my garage and like to garden.   I like anything with an engine - from a mini bike to a truck and all in between and I like working on mechanical things”.

No further questions- thanks for stopping by.   

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/8/19 3:46 p.m.

I just replaced the CV axle on my Forte. Everything went well. Nothing broke. Nothing caught on fire.

I forgot what a little sense of accomplishment can do to lift your morale. It's been a pretty rough time since I moved to Florida. I get zero job satisfaction at work. I don't have any friends down here anymore. My house is empty save for my bed and computer desk. This shift schedule is not conducive to social interaction except when I go to Walmart at 3am.

But it was nice to turn a wrench again. It's kinda therapeutic. I like working with my hands and taking things apart to see how they work.

The axle was $55 at Rockauto and it cost me $15 for 2.5 hours on the lift. The local shop wanted $300.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/8/19 4:28 p.m.

When I was 16 years old (1978) I told my Beetle, Corolla, Datsun 210 owning Dad I wanted to buy a 10 year old BMW 2002.  He freaked and put his foot down until I was 18 years old.  No unreliable car - get a Datsun or Toyota.  To this day I still like them.  

If this is for real someday this kids gonna be pissed.  

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323821635127

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/8/19 4:33 p.m.

I won't eat finger foods that I consider to messy but I get secret pleasure from packing a bearing with a hand full of grease. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/8/19 4:44 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I was driving a death trap of a 1 ton dually at 16 so I find it hard to believe a Honda Civic full of ABS stability control and air bags is too much car.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/19 9:05 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I was driving a death trap of a 1 ton dually at 16 so I find it hard to believe a Honda Civic full of ABS stability control and air bags is too much car.

I disagree.

A few years ago, every triple fatal crash around here consisted of three teens, a WRX and a tree.

Fast cars are still fast, regardless of safety equipment. And teens are still teens. Or at least some of them are.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/8/19 9:19 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Are you suggesting I only made it into my 20s because my nearly 3 ton death trap actively tried to kill me if I tried to drive it in a foolish manner and the bare interior offered a reminder that I would die in a tin can full of hard surfaces when it happened? 

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
6/8/19 9:23 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

That still works for me at 30. YMMV.

1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pZ3zSlc559OaBWM7bc71B2zV1TV8g6rpv0CiLW3Hl0g4Kfv9UJO6xAJ0kmnsmoTi