1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 ... 441
NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/13/19 10:27 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

SC300 or Cressida. I'd really like a Cressida. I hear that the bottom fell out of the Cressida market now that JZX90s are legal to import because people would rather buy a JZX90 and already have the good stuff than spend the time collecting all the parts to engine and trans swap a Cressida.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/13/19 10:58 a.m.

I saw an ad for an '87 Firebird with some ugly body kit and a story of it being a rare custom dealer package or whatever. Wrote it off as bullE36 M3.

I just googled and it turns out the dude might actually not be full of E36 M3. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/13/19 11:01 a.m.
Daylan C said:

I saw an ad for an '87 Firebird with some ugly body kit and a story of it being a rare custom dealer package or whatever. Wrote it off as bullE36 M3.

I just googled and it turns out the dude might actually not be full of E36 M3. 

Was it a Tojan?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/13/19 11:06 a.m.

I don't give one single microscopic flying berkeley about work today

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/13/19 11:07 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Choo Choo Customs Pro Am. Not really cool but probably not fake from what I can tell.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
6/14/19 7:48 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Oh, I get the fun part.   Unfortunately these guys seem to feed off one another (one screams and the other joins in) and have serious attachment issues (they can ONLY be calmed down by their parents).  So while TM and I (and our 4 teenagers) try to help and play with the kiddies, they just bellow until their poor exhausted parents deal with their latest meltdown.   

TLDR: twins are rough, these seem rougher than usual.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/14/19 7:52 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

I’ve heard twins are exponentially more work than singles. Given how hard our second has been at times I’m not sure we would have survived. 

Thank you for trying to give the parents what I’m sure is a much needed break. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/14/19 2:39 p.m.

We didn't take the truck, or even my buddies Sonic hatch on the junkyard trip today...

I was hoping to get a seat for the Mustang too but we would have had to swap it in the parking lot and leave my old one there.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/14/19 7:29 p.m.

Another confession. I have a shirt with my musician friend's name on it now and it feels weird wearing it.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/14/19 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Back in the day I thought the Choo Choo customs were lame - the El Caminos had a body kit from them.  

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/14/19 8:31 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

The Choo Choo pro am is iffy. How ever I've seen pictures of the Choo Choo C3500 my dad had in the early 90s. That thing was sweet.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/14/19 8:49 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I’ll google it - maybe I’m wrong. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/14/19 8:53 p.m.

'88 crew cab long bed dually with a crazy stripe package. I'll have to dig through the photo albums when I get home to find again.

It was a 454 truck he towed a travel trailer with.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/14/19 8:54 p.m.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/14/19 8:56 p.m.

Ok I've always hated the Monte nose on the Elco.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/15/19 6:04 p.m.

I want to order pizza but I don't want to get dressed to answer the door. 

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/15/19 8:54 p.m.
Stampie said:

I want to order pizza but I don't want to get dressed to answer the door. 

i dont think you need to be dressed to answer the door for the pizza guy

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
6/15/19 11:48 p.m.

I've been using the same Altec Lansing computer speakers for 22 years.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/17/19 2:18 p.m.
NickD said:
dculberson said:
NickD said:

In reply to Daylan C :

Yeah. I think SC300 is my frontrunner choice to. And while predominantly auto, all the stuff to manual swap them is out there.

Related confession: I just really want a hoonmobile

A Rotrex supercharged smurf blue Miata doesn't count as a hoonmobile??

I want something I can slide around and do burnouts with and generally not give a berkelyey. The Miata is set up too grippy and race car, and it's too nice and I have too much invested in it. If I did burnouts or drifts (and Miata's are tough to drift to begin with), I'd be chewing up pricey 200tw tires and if I delaminated one and chewed up my quarter panel I'd be mad. I want something slightly scruffy, that doesn't have trick suspension and top-shelf tires and doesn't have to be particularly competitive or great at any one thing. And has JZ power.

Now the local private racetrack (Pineview Run, the wildest 1.1 miles of pavement I've seen) has announced they are hosting a drift open track day to judge the size of the CNY drifting contingent and determin if they want to try and run a CNY drift championship. They are also having their driving instructor, a Greek former European tarmac rally driver, host a drifting instruction day. Complete with a trailer of him sliding his badass E92 M3 around the track 

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Ffacebook%2Fvideos%2F635621963615099%2F&width=500&show_text=false&height=281

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/17/19 6:10 p.m.

Somebody just offered me a Monte SS Intimidator as a trade for my SN95. 

I honestly don't hate it but I think I'll stick with the Mustang.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/17/19 6:24 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/17/19 6:27 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Honestly if it was a Regal GS or a Park Ave Ultra I'd be all over it.

EDIT: actually if the AC works that's probably a nicer highway commuter than my Mustang. I'll see if I can atleast drive it before I outright say no. I messaged the guy back and asked if he wants to meet later this week.

EDIT2: definitely not on ZZP's website looking at pulley swaps right now...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/17/19 7:04 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

I’ve heard twins are exponentially more work than singles. Given how hard our second has been at times I’m not sure we would have survived. 

In 1959 they walked out to the hospital waiting room and told my father the first one was a girl. They didn’t know they were having twins.  They survived and went on to have four more.   

Me being three years younger can tell you a lot of stories about these two ladies.  Wild child.  They were the reason I couldn’t get a car until I turned 18. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/17/19 7:10 p.m.

I have to confess I’m impressed with my daughters art skills.  She hand paints shoes and has all the work she can handle @ $40 a pop.  

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/17/19 7:38 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I have to confess I’m impressed with my daughters art skills.  She hand paints shoes and has all the work she can handle @ $40 a pop.  

Details on this? Something that the wife may be interested in... 

1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Hf30dRXpJLxjZmxePanIbYBKguMFQPNsRMfqpInkypg89WojzW2QnQycCcF1o7cC