1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 ... 441
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/19 8:17 a.m.

I am slightly terrified by the thought of offering my brother the option to leave his Suburban at my house for a week, for fear that I will start cleaning it, fixing things and then want to keep it for myself. 

I need a Dog Hauler.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/27/19 8:21 a.m.

I've been watching too many Funhaus videos lately, and my sense of what is appropriate humor has gone out the window.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/27/19 8:27 a.m.
RevRico said:

I'm still thinking about an electric swap on the ranger. I can't afford it, I don't know the first thing about safety during the job, but it would be perfect for me.  100-150 mile range would be fine, as long as it could handle carrying some weight for half the journey. 

ReIevant to your interests, I came across this yesterday in my internet travels.

https://dothan.craigslist.org/pts/d/daleville-electric-engine-transmission/6916215196.html

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
6/27/19 9:21 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to JamesMcD :

But...how many work?

All of them. 

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
6/27/19 9:22 a.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to JamesMcD :

And how many are at your house? 

All of them. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/27/19 9:38 a.m.
RacetruckRon said:
RevRico said:

I'm still thinking about an electric swap on the ranger. I can't afford it, I don't know the first thing about safety during the job, but it would be perfect for me.  100-150 mile range would be fine, as long as it could handle carrying some weight for half the journey. 

ReIevant to your interests, I came across this yesterday in my internet travels.

https://dothan.craigslist.org/pts/d/daleville-electric-engine-transmission/6916215196.html

Apparently there were at least 2 different production S10 EVs. GM had their own but that apparently used the EV1s transverse motor/trans and as such was front wheel drive. US Electric must have done 3rd party conversions with this setup.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/27/19 12:18 p.m.

Ok, this is hard for me to admit, but this is the confession thread after all. 

I used my new pellet smoker to cook with yesterday for the first time. I understand now why they're so freaking popular. I cook my ribs 321, 3 hours naked, 2 wrapped, 1 naked, which is a pretty standard way of it. After 3 hours naked and 2 wrapped, they fell off the bone and couldn't go back on for the last hour.

It was 85 and triple digit humidity because SWPA. After it got lit, I set it at 250, in the carport, and left it alone. Clearly it worked.

I do feel like it took a lot of the fun, and a ton of the skill and talent developed over the last 20 years of using stick burners out of the equation, and I really wanted it to suck, but the only negative I have is that I expected it to suck so I didn't season the ribs as well as I should have.

$300 very well spent, but now I'm bound and determined to build a better stick burner. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/27/19 12:53 p.m.

I have inadvertently purchased a Soviet part for my Challenge car. I thought that ebay listing was lying.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/27/19 1:37 p.m.

I have an Instant Pot that is new, in the box, unopened since December.

I really need to try it out soon.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/28/19 6:39 a.m.

Late Father's Day gift to my dad is exhaust on his truck. It's currently missing the back half of the exhaust. He told me he wanted it quiet. So I literally just ordered the biggest,cheapest muffler on Amazon. Ended up being a Walker stock replacement for a gmt400. Test started it with the muffler just slipped on and the fuel pump is going to be louder than the exhaust at idle. I'm way too immature to be ok with this.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
6/28/19 6:47 a.m.

I want a super-sleeper early 2000's Impala. In brown.

This is the kind of thing I don't tell my wife.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/28/19 2:46 p.m.
JohnInKansas said:

I want a super-sleeper early 2000's Impala. In brown.

This is the kind of thing I don't tell my wife.

I've jokingly offered to buy a friend's 2003 9C1 a few times now. He's one of my non-car friends so it's his only wheels. If he ever does get another car and wants to get rid of this one I might be more serious. If you want sneaky it blends in like crazy around this part of Kentucky because I see 3-5 white early 2000s Impalas every day. 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/19 3:30 p.m.

I just willingly purchased a case of naturdays.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/28/19 4:10 p.m.

I wasn't looking for one but I think I just found a livery theme for my challenge car. I had no intentions of doing such a thing but I might have to now.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/19 6:08 p.m.
Daylan C said:

I have inadvertently purchased a Soviet part for my Challenge car. I thought that ebay listing was lying.

Okay, what is it?

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/28/19 6:15 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Rotary phone dialer. I already fried it bench testing a dumb idea.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/28/19 9:04 p.m.

1st year Miata RF's should start coming off leases late this year and early next year. Which might drive the price down to where I can make poor decisions about another one for reasons.

Also I am actually looking at Automatic NB's.

Knurled.
6/30/19 7:30 a.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Rotary phone dialer. I already fried it bench testing a dumb idea.

You have to think in Russian.

(so boil a potato, drink liquid potato, and wear a tracksuit while working with it)

Knurled.
6/30/19 7:31 a.m.

Confession - the Saab (sic) Stories thread reminded me that I kind of like Cateras.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/30/19 5:03 p.m.

I just watched a video where a guy was suggesting that Nascar needs to add a Cup series race at Bowman Gray Stadium to the schedule. This seems like a hilariously awful idea, but I'd watch it.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
7/1/19 7:47 a.m.
Daylan C said:
RacetruckRon said:
RevRico said:

Apparently there were at least 2 different production S10 EVs. GM had their own but that apparently used the EV1s transverse motor/trans and as such was front wheel drive. US Electric must have done 3rd party conversions with this setup.

Our friend over at PacoMotorsports has a half completed locost frame for sale for reasonable money.  I wonder if this instead of the Miata powerplant would make an amusing autocross toy.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/1/19 8:08 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
Daylan C said:
RacetruckRon said:
RevRico said:

Our friend over at PacoMotorsports has a half completed locost frame for sale for reasonable money.  I wonder if this instead of the Miata powerplant would make an amusing autocross toy.

iirc, SCCA's apparently opened up e/d-mod to electric powertrains

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/1/19 8:34 p.m.

I probably should have went to work last night since I had to cancel my autocross plans yesterday. But I had already taken the personal day and it looks like I probably won't be here long enough to regret using it. Because of that and us getting Wednesday night off for the 4th. I get a 2 day week that really feels like a waste.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
7/2/19 3:33 p.m.

I am finally a man; I bought my first grease gun today.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/2/19 9:00 p.m.

why do I think a vtec powered classic mini is the answer to all my problems?

1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TPNjZoGww2JFG0Pxil896QSn7rowhduZnahQZIPaQJ44XEJCBlxLeymUuGeoHWZN