1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 ... 441
Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/2/19 9:36 p.m.
MrChaos said:

why do I think a vtec powered classic mini is the answer to all my problems?

I can't think of anything that wouldn't make better.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/3/19 12:44 a.m.

I keep having reoccurring thoughts of buying a fox body hatch shell with a title and moving all my SN95's guts into it. Fixes the whole convertible problem and sheds some weight. I don't need to turn the reliable fun beater into a huge total drivetrain and suspension swap project though. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/19 12:50 a.m.
Daylan C said:

I keep having reoccurring thoughts of buying a fox body hatch shell with a title and moving all my SN95's guts into it. Fixes the whole convertible problem and sheds some weight. I don't need to turn the reliable fun beater into a huge total drivetrain and suspension swap project though. 

I do that at least once a week only to move my Cobra from CAM-C to CAM-T. There's a local 84 GT350 hatchback with subframes already installed for $500 that I'm desperately avoiding...

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/3/19 12:58 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Honestly if somebody would buy my GTA I'd probably do it. I've grown to like the Fox platform a lot more than the 3rd gen F body.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
7/3/19 7:50 a.m.

Monday I sent off the money to buy a lightweight hardtop for the NC.

Then I committed to buy a set of A7s for the same car (1/2 price and have exactly 3 runs on them).

I should just take up strippers and coke, it'd probably be a cheaper hobby. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/3/19 7:55 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Ill give you $200 and a grilled cheese sandwich for the gta

My confession: i really hope daylan doesnt accept.

Other confession: ithe the day before a 4 day weekend. Im not sure if I'm going to get much accomplished at work since about 3/4 of the company took off.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/3/19 8:29 a.m.
Robbie said:
MrChaos said:

why do I think a vtec powered classic mini is the answer to all my problems?

I can't think of anything that wouldn't make better.

Other than financial well being but it is in the plans for the future. It also doesn't help that minitec is only 120 miles away.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/3/19 8:34 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
 the day before a 4 day weekend. Im not sure if I'm going to get much accomplished at work since about 3/4 of the company took off.

Four day weekend.  What’s that?

People need hoses on July 5th too.....

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/4/19 6:52 a.m.

I signed up for Bentley's social network, even though I don't own a Bentley.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/19 7:01 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Monday I sent off the money to buy a lightweight hardtop for the NC.

Then I committed to buy a set of A7s for the same car (1/2 price and have exactly 3 runs on them).

I should just take up strippers and coke, it'd probably be a cheaper hobby. 

I used to be a little jealous of the guy I worked with who did competition shooting for a hobby.  He didn't have expensive "race guns", but he did have one of those nice reloader rigs where you just set it to automatically feed and then you just sit there pulling the handle 2000 times while you watch a movie or something.

Not necessarily cheaper, but at least a handful of pistols and a couple rifles and shotguns and reloading rigs and stuff can all fit into an average sized closet.

Knurled.
7/4/19 7:03 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:
 the day before a 4 day weekend. Im not sure if I'm going to get much accomplished at work since about 3/4 of the company took off.

Four day weekend.  What’s that?

People need hoses on July 5th too.....

We were given Friday off because nothing was on the schedule and the phone wasn't ringing, so why not.

We took a vote.  Everyone else said hell yes four day weekend.  I said, well, if there's work, I want to get work done because my purpose at the company is to generate profit, but if not, I'd rather take a day off than be unproductive.

I guess I'm weird...

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/4/19 6:33 p.m.

I might be about to trade my crappy SN95 for a boring daily if the guy will message me back. Boring daily in question is a 2005 4runner. Considering all the SUV related activities I could do, like drive to work with AC and have trouble finding which silver Toyota in the parking lot is mine...

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/4/19 7:58 p.m.

I'm making shelving for my car parts. I'm actually more scared of cutting wrong on wood than metal because you actually can add metal back on. 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
7/4/19 10:20 p.m.

Finally got a job coding, after college and working toward this for like 6 years, I start 7/15/19.

Kinda freaked out hoping I can actually do the job now....

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/5/19 6:43 p.m.

Apparently I'm a bit soft and will jump at the opportunity of having a daily driver with nice interior and working AC for once. Crusty convertible is being traded for an appliance silver 4runner next week.

wae
wae SuperDork
7/7/19 9:03 a.m.

I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person and I've managed to teach myself all sorts of different things...  but for some reason, I just cannot get my head around SketchUp.

Knurled.
7/7/19 9:20 a.m.
wae said:

I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person and I've managed to teach myself all sorts of different things...  but for some reason, I just cannot get my head around SketchUp.

It's like Ketchup, which is the condiment of evil (unless you are eating quiche or meatloaf, then it is Good) but with an S.  "S" usually means "Super", and alternative capitilization means extra awesome, so SketchUp is super extra awesome ketchup.  So it is perfectl understandable why one cannot get one's head around it.

(I guess this is a confession?  Quiche is awesome.  It's egg pie.  Eggs are good, pie is good, quiche is good.  Especially with ketchup and lots of salt.)

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/7/19 9:27 a.m.

This road trip has made me love very dirty martinis.....I've had a lot of very dirty martinis the last few days

Knurled.
7/7/19 9:29 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

What is a very dirty martini?  I'm asking for that guy I am.

wae
wae SuperDork
7/7/19 9:35 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Driving you to drink is one of the known features of turbo Dodges...

Knurled.
7/7/19 10:13 a.m.
wae said:

In reply to Antihero :

Driving you to drink is one of the known features of turbo Dodges...

The Model A body makes it look like a pup.  It's got 12 cylinders and uses 'em all.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/7/19 10:43 a.m.

Not my finest hour

Replacing the anti roll bar bushings and snapped the front bolt.   To get out the rest of the bolt will require dropping the subframe and we are leaving in a trip Wednesday.   Hopefully the hose clamp lasts the trip. 

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/7/19 2:00 p.m.
wae said:

I've spent quite a bit of time with it, and the only actual work I've managed to produce were instructions to have a wall plate fabbed up. In reality, that had to be reworked by the welder.

I don't really get it, but after sticking with it, I essentially managed to make a box that was missing a side.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/7/19 4:53 p.m.
Mike said:
wae said:

I've spent quite a bit of time with it, and the only actual work I've managed to produce were instructions to have a wall plate fabbed up. In reality, that had to be reworked by the welder.

I don't really get it, but after sticking with it, I essentially managed to make a box that was missing a side.

I’ve got a lot of experience with SketchUp. Feel free to start a thread or PM me for help. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/7/19 5:19 p.m.

The wife and I took her mother to dinner at a nice little Italian place she likes.  Halfway through dinner a group was seated near us that reeked of patchouli oil. I tried to ignore and get through the meal. A few minutes later an elderly couple were brought to the table between us and the woman very loudly announced that she could not sit next to that stinking hippie. I enjoyed every minute of her tirade against the great unwashed.

1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sqBI5fUweefymRL34qdGoKbX1rGXiGNfqKjrwuvPy7PeSYZyN4Z0WRsVfXEVihaG