1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 ... 441
Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/13/19 8:02 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I'll consider it. Let me actually get the truck first. I know 4/6 can be done pretty easy and cheap. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/13/19 9:14 a.m.

Some of you guys visit this confessional waaay to often. Three Hail Miatas and two Our Flounders, bless you.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/13/19 11:42 a.m.

I may have just bought a computer for $3. I may also have just bought a computer box for $3. I'm not really sure, guess we'll find out between July 23 and September 2. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/13/19 11:51 a.m.

I looked at a “well maintained” $4900 Toyota Matrix that has a lot of rust, dents, scrapes, and general nastiness.  

He said to make an offer and I refused saying my offer will “make him mad” but he insisted so he ends up throwing his head back aggravated when I offer him $2000.  I told you it would make you mad!  

I confess I enjoyed the process but I still didn’t get a car.  

slowbird
slowbird Reader
7/13/19 5:31 p.m.

There's about a 40% chance of me having the right size torx bit for any given job, and about a 90% chance of me finding an adequately-sized flathead screwdriver to jam into the torx shape and get the job done regardless.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
7/13/19 11:02 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I looked at a “well maintained” $4900 Toyota Matrix that has a lot of rust, dents, scrapes, and general nastiness.  

He said to make an offer and I refused saying my offer will “make him mad” but he insisted so he ends up throwing his head back aggravated when I offer him $2000.  I told you it would make you mad!  

I confess I enjoyed the process but I still didn’t get a car.  

My neighbor is trying to sell her Rabbit.   Quarter panels rusted out, both doors sprung,   a pile of other problems.  She wants 4K for it and it’s (at very best) a $1,500 car.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
7/13/19 11:17 p.m.

Weird confession.  I just turned on “Working Girl” and aside from 1988 being hilarious I apparently have been confusing Melanie Griffith with Meg Ryan for 20 years.   Melanie Griffith is an amazing amount of train wreck over her career.  Meg Ryan bears an amazing resemblance to a woman I knew several years ago.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/14/19 12:33 a.m.

Meg Ryan now, or Meg Ryan then? Because they are two radically different people.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/14/19 3:13 a.m.

I reread this thread again out of boredom. At least up until I joined. That means I've read it 3 whole times now. 

Insomnia is real. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/14/19 6:02 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

I looked at a 2009 Malibu - guy was asking $4100.  Later he sent me his mechanics report stating it needed $2300 worth of non-blow off work.  Ball joints, steering rack.....

He says to make an offer - I comment surely someone will give him more than $1800 for the car.  

Never heard back.  

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/19 6:52 a.m.

I want this:

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/d/cape-coral-mad-max-mercury/6917896779.html

It seems easy enough to make "road legal" by using some bolt on light assemblies and universal trailer tail lights.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/14/19 7:16 a.m.
slowbird said:

There's about a 40% chance of me having the right size torx bit for any given job, and about a 90% chance of me finding an adequately-sized flathead screwdriver to jam into the torx shape and get the job done regardless.

There is a 100% chance I straight up loath Torx in all its forms. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/19 7:50 a.m.
Appleseed said:
slowbird said:

There is a 100% chance I straight up loath Torx in all its forms. 

It's okay.  I'm sure you have had a bad experience in your formative years that has given you a strong negative response to a superior design.  With therapy, time, and adjustment, along with Torx sockets that don't suck, I'm confident that you'll come around.

Or maybe not, because you're as stubborn as I am.  You do you.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/19 7:52 a.m.

Confession:  I hate trucks with a passion that burns like a thousand suns, but I'd totally do track days with one of those Australian super trucks strictly for the lulz.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/14/19 7:58 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

If we're thinking of the same ones, they're not nearly as cool as the old V8 utes.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/19 8:08 a.m.

Arc flash sunburn is real.  Don’t weld in shorts, kids.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/14/19 8:46 a.m.
Knurled. said:

Confession:  I hate trucks with a passion that burns like a thousand suns, but I'd totally do track days with one of those Australian super trucks strictly for the lulz.

I have been to a lot of races at Road America and sometimes they all blend together - this showed up on my Facebook page after the event and I was hooked.  Robby Gordon comes across as an odd bird to me but I have to hand it to him who cool this is but it still doesn't encourage me to eat ribs with him.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/14/19 5:22 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Arc flash sunburn is real.  Don’t weld in shorts, kids.

Wuss

Edit: I'm not the poster child for welding safety. Wear your protective clothing. I make Lil Stampie wear it. Angry is still a wuss though. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/14/19 6:14 p.m.

Oh those.  I was thinking of the Ute series they also ran on V8 Supercars weekends. They were run with mostly stock Falcon/Commodore utes and got driven really hard. 

Well those got replaced by these last year.

Lots of complaints of them being slow, ugly, and falling over a lot. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
7/14/19 6:25 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Meg Ryan then.  Just stunningly attractive woman wha had a ton of issues and our timing wasn’t right to make anything happen.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/14/19 6:49 p.m.

I absolutely hate painting walls. My wife has been working all day on painting the nursery at the church and it has not been going well so she asked for my help this evening. The win? Three random teenage kids were walking by and I talked them into painting for us for 15 bucks and a pizza each! 60 bucks well spent in my opinion

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/19 8:09 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I absolutely hate painting walls. My wife has been working all day on painting the nursery at the church and it has not been going well so she asked for my help this evening. The win? Three random teenage kids were walking by and I talked them into painting for us for 15 bucks and a pizza each! 60 bucks well spent in my opinion

If you have to do this on even the semi regular, I can't recommend a airless sprayer enough. We bought a middle of the road Graco for around $400 when we were painting the house, and it was dang near magic compared to all of the Wagner low end consumer stuff.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/14/19 8:52 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

You praise Torx and hate trucks.

Kill him, he's a commie!!!

slowbird
slowbird Reader
7/14/19 10:50 p.m.

I may be overly obsessed with having appropriate center caps for wheels that I mix and match between FoMoCo brands. Thunderbird wheels on a Cougar? Gotta search and find Mercury caps that will fit, even if they look a bit off. Ford/Mercury wheels on a Town Car? Might have to buy a bunch of Lincoln caps and just see if they fit. If not, they'll make good decorations.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/14/19 11:02 p.m.
slowbird said:

I may be overly obsessed with having appropriate center caps for wheels that I mix and match between FoMoCo brands. Thunderbird wheels on a Cougar? Gotta search and find Mercury caps that will fit, even if they look a bit off. Ford/Mercury wheels on a Town Car? Might have to buy a bunch of Lincoln caps and just see if they fit. If not, they'll make good decorations.

I would make fun of you, but the Firebird emblems on the GTA wheels on my Camaro kinda bother me.  I think, though, that's a side effect of know nothing bozos calling it a Trans am.  At least nobody calls it an IROC anymore.

1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iC6JWXW0Vgq2A1eS4GUfDXrD05olrVAM0oyRbs1JvzUKTLsusFpvmGJCrCCbHKQB