1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 ... 441
llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
7/17/19 1:39 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I fail to see your pot.

https://www.enginebuildermag.com/2017/06/rockets-vikings-old-man/

My confession:  I really hate internet fights. 

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
7/17/19 2:01 p.m.

I got stopped for speeding the other night. With the whole family aboard. He let me go with a warning, since he only locked on at 58 in a 50 zone. Really appreciate that!

I may or may not have been going 75 or more before the hill where I saw him.

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
7/17/19 7:35 p.m.

3/4 of the reason I agreed to do this low carb thing with my wife was so that I could fill my face with cheddar cheese chips.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/17/19 8:32 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Now, on the other hand, the Audi RS3 has DSG.  And five cylinders.  But while FoRSs are now attainable to me, RS3s are still decidedly not.

The Audi enabler up the way had a set of S3s in Black, Red and Yellow out front a while back. I confess I started drifting towards the shoulder a bit rubbernecking at them, but I quickly got ahold of myself and went to look at them a bit closer and out of traffic. 

I think the Golf R is a better deal overall than a regular S3, expecially since I like hatchback, but the RS3 is in another league.

Brett_Murphy
7/17/19 8:41 p.m.

After reading about IROCs, I think that the IROC package ruined Camaros by adding to damn many T-tops to otherwise good cars for the time.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
7/17/19 8:45 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

After reading about IROCs, I think that the IROC package ruined Camaros by adding to damn many T-tops to otherwise good cars for the time.

I love t tops.  My 78 T/A wouldn’t be the same without them.   

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/17/19 10:43 p.m.

The entire crew (including the team lead) is now over an hour into our first 15 minute break following a meeting with the director of operations where he pissed most of us off.

This confession may be more than minor. 

Update: we left the break room. Still haven't made it all the way to the machines though.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/19 8:23 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

If IROCs didn’t have T-tops the scent of Drakkar would become overpowering.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/18/19 9:36 a.m.

Last night I ate two Tortino's frozen pizzas for dinner. I feel bad for giving Dusterbd13 a hard time about his food habits now. 

Brett_Murphy
7/18/19 11:08 a.m.
Wally said:

If IROCs didn’t have T-tops the scent of Drakkar would become overpowering.

So instead we get chassis flex and the scent of mildew and must from all of the water they let in. Even trade.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/18/19 11:16 a.m.

Honestly I love the IROC-Z. It kept everyone distracted while I got my GTA cheap. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/18/19 11:32 a.m.
Stampie said:

Last night I ate two Tortino's frozen pizzas for dinner. I feel bad for giving Dusterbd13 a hard time about his food habits now. 

Lol. Don't. My gut hates my food habits pretty often, but i refuse to change.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/18/19 12:05 p.m.

I just got entirely too excited when I noticed The Wraith is on prime video now.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
7/18/19 12:26 p.m.
Daylan C said:

I just got entirely too excited when I noticed The Wraith is on prime video now.

Excellent!  Been too long since I watched it.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/19 1:41 p.m.

At the rate they were getting stolen or crashed who knew there’d be any left?

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/18/19 2:35 p.m.

Despite the fact that the Miata makes 245whp and I can't keep the back end under it at times, I may be in talks with Track Dog Racing about a smaller blower pulley. I'm dumb.

slowbird
slowbird Reader
7/18/19 6:12 p.m.

I have 4 cars, and somehow I can't manage to have one in good enough condition to do an autocross.

How lenient would they be on squeaky front suspension? 1 being "that is a serious safety hazard" and 10 being "send it"

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/18/19 6:17 p.m.
slowbird said:

I have 4 cars, and somehow I can't manage to have one in good enough condition to do an autocross.

How lenient would they be on squeaky front suspension? 1 being "that is a serious safety hazard" and 10 being "send it"

Squeaky? They won't care. Loose? That's a "no, sir"

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/18/19 6:18 p.m.
NickD said:
slowbird said:

Squeaky? They won't care. Loose? That's a "no, sir"

This^^^^^ 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/18/19 6:34 p.m.

I bought an echo dot for my office. Which is also my shop.  Im not sure about all the privacy concerns because I'm choosing to not research it.

The thing sounds almost as good as the big stereo i was going to hook it up to. It may not get hooked up.

slowbird
slowbird Reader
7/18/19 7:02 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

So, you're saying I have to actually *inspect* the suspension to see if it's a loose floppy dangerous hazard? Crap. I guess I have to buy jack stands eventually. cheeky

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/18/19 7:05 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Not even. Grab each wheel and shake it side to side and top-and-bottom. If its tight, you're good to go

slowbird
slowbird Reader
7/18/19 7:08 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Oh, I see. That's not so bad then. I guess I was overthinking it as usual.

Another minor confession: I'm not as smart as my mom thinks I am. laugh

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/19 7:52 p.m.
NickD said:

Despite the fact that the Miata makes 245whp and I can't keep the back end under it at times, I may be in talks with Track Dog Racing about a smaller blower pulley. I'm dumb.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/18/19 8:30 p.m.

The roads I took to pick up the wagon's new bullet made me miss the Mustang a wee bit. Would have been really nice in something that wasn't a crew cab long bed 4wd. 

Guess I need to hurry up and get the wagon going before that particular itch gets too bad.

1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MWJrv7wvqxmCm0WBX7RAG3VyNgXIHjNSZyZ1eKeaaSwvfyThGhrHhRAoLqewn69y