1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 ... 441
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/19 8:47 p.m.

I suppose that I can understand the concept of the heart wants what the heart wants (at least to some degree), but I really think that Ant could have done a whole lot better.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
7/19/19 6:14 p.m.

Between the Topgun trailer and the C8, I may not have been as productive as possible at work.  Fortunately, I made up for it by being there longer.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
7/19/19 6:16 p.m.
Woody said:

I suppose that I can understand the concept of the heart wants what the heart wants (at least to some degree), but I really think that Ant could have done a whole lot better.

If I could, I would give this my lifetime alotment of up-votes.  My wife used to watch Flip or Flop, and several times I gave serious thought to setting myself on fire in protest.  

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/19/19 6:25 p.m.

Ive been looking at classic mini's.  I dont need to be looking at classic mini's. Minitec is 100 miles away from where I live. I have wanted one for a while. A miata would be better for rallycross but a classic mini is a classic mini.  A Vtec mini would be way overkill for rallycross........   

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/19/19 6:49 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

The best rallycross car IMO is a bone stock first generation Neon.  Single cam, dual cam, auto or manual, it does not matter.  Strap your butt in the seat and drive it.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/19/19 6:59 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I mean if i was caring about practical/reliable i would go with a manual base 2nd gen fit

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/19/19 7:17 p.m.

I may have participated in a highway pull against a ZR1 Camaro on my way home from work yesterday.

I was in my 150hp Kia.

I surprisingly lost.

But I did get to hear a ZR1 with aftermarket exhaust scream off into the distance.

That made my E36 M3ty day a little better laugh

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
7/19/19 7:26 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

I may have participated in a highway pull against a ZR1 Camaro on my way home from work yesterday.

I was in my 150hp Kia.

I surprisingly lost.

But I did get to hear a ZR1 with aftermarket exhaust scream off into the distance.

Not gonna lie.  This ^^^^ is why I like a more aggressive exhaust on my cars.  Pull up next to something I want to hear, give it a downshift and throttle blip.  At least half the time I get the exact "RICER WANTS TO RUN, HUH?   MMMMMMEEEEERRRRIIIICCCCCAAAA!!!!" reaction I'm hoping for.  Coyote Mustangs are both my favorite (love the sound of that motor) and some of the easiest marks.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/19/19 7:42 p.m.

My challenge car is depressingly slow. Or im depressingly bad at drag racing. 

But its fun as hell anyway!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/19/19 8:05 p.m.
kazoospec said:
stanger_missle said:

I was in my 150hp Kia.

I surprisingly lost.

Not gonna lie.  This ^^^^ is why I like a more aggressive exhaust on my cars.  Pull up next to something I want to hear, give it a downshift and throttle blip.  At least half the time I get the exact "RICER WANTS TO RUN, HUH?   MMMMMMEEEEERRRRIIIICCCCCAAAA!!!!" reaction I'm hoping for.  Coyote Mustangs are both my favorite (love the sound of that motor) and some of the easiest marks.  

I do that with the Manic Miata. I usually surprise them even while losing, but I have gotten to hear such lovelies as a CTS-V, an Audi R10, some Lambo, and some other good things. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/19/19 8:35 p.m.
Duke said:
kazoospec said:
stanger_missle said:

I was in my 150hp Kia.

I surprisingly lost.

I do that with the Manic Miata. I usually surprise them even while losing, but I have gotten to hear such lovelies as a CTS-V, an Audi R10, some Lambo, and some other good things. 

SN95 with loudish pipes, I do a halfass pull in front of a C5 Z06 that sounded very healthy in the parking lot we were both rolling through. He nails it and comes around me making glorious noises. Shooting flames as he shifts right by my window. 

Cadman5
Cadman5 New Reader
7/22/19 10:34 a.m.

Sold the Miata a month ago...Don't miss it at all...

Not that I didn't like it or enjoy driving it, but just too many cars and I didn't want to do the prep necessary to make it rallycross capable.  Or tear up a perfectly nice Miata.

I am looking forward to doing mean, nasty rallycross things with the $150 2005 Neon R/T I just picked up, though.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/25/19 2:37 p.m.

Completely forgot about the fact that I'm going to need a pilot bushing to put this clutch together. Remembered looking at the end of the crank wondering why the hole was decidedly way too huge for the alignment tool. looks like I'm not getting the clutch all put together today.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/26/19 7:52 a.m.
Daylan C said:
Duke said:
kazoospec said:
stanger_missle said:

I was in my 150hp Kia.

I surprisingly lost.

SN95 with loudish pipes, I do a halfass pull in front of a C5 Z06 that sounded very healthy in the parking lot we were both rolling through. He nails it and comes around me making glorious noises. Shooting flames as he shifts right by my window. 

Weird one that I had happen, was some guy throwing revs at me like he wanted to race. I was driving the Rotrex Miata, he was driving a Gallardo. Was headed down to NC last fall and I'm cruising one the interstate near Alexandria, VA and out of the corner something pulls up alongside me and I hear this crazy exhaust note. I look over and it's a pearl yellow Gallardo and the guy is throwing revs at me and acting like he wanted to race. Seemed really backwards. Then I got off at the next exit to get fuel and he followed me off and kept driving around the block that the gas station on while I was fueling up before rocketing up the onramp. 

My favorite thing to do is Marty McFly people, i.e. they try and get me to race and then when they take off I either don't go or I just turn off the road. Example, guy was ahead of me in traffic with a Mini S that seemed to have some work and his body in the passenger seat must have seen the intercooler. So we get stopped at the front of a line at the traffic light and he throws a few revs at me and I act like I'm interested. Light turns green, he launches and I just ease the clutch out and turn right into the gas station. I'm sure it causes no end of confusion/disappointment.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/26/19 8:34 a.m.

My minor confession is that I really want an Evo X lately to run in SCCA D/Street. I don't think it can beat the gruesome twosome of the CTR and FoRS but it still seems like it'd hold it's own.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
7/26/19 1:51 p.m.

I drove a Tesla Model S this weekend and am just now telling you kids about it.  The amount of tech is amazing and it's a VERY nice car but while it might be the fastest thing I've driven it lacked a certain......pizzazz that left the whole experience a little flatter than I would have thought.

Between that drive and our trek from Kentucky to Colorado (1100 miles each way), I absolutely cannot wait till self driving cars are a viable thing (and affordable enough for tightwads like me).

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/19 4:19 p.m.
NickD said:

My minor confession is that I really want an Evo X lately to run in SCCA D/Street. I don't think it can beat the gruesome twosome of the CTR and FoRS but it still seems like it'd hold it's own.

I’m not sure if I love the fact that we now live in a world in which an Evo X is considered too slow. 

Knurled.
7/26/19 4:40 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

As compared to a Civic and a Focus.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/26/19 6:24 p.m.

It took me a minute to figure out what was going on when my buddy started his beater 3800 impala and somebody else hit the remote start on their 6.4 Charger at the same time. 

I heard the Impalas starter then a Hemi and got very confused. 

Knurled.
7/26/19 6:32 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

That reminds of the time I clearly heard a Chevy truck starter and then saw an Impala drive away.

Then I saw the trunklid and realized that Impala was packing a 5.3.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/26/19 6:35 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

There was also that time I clearly heard a 4.3 S10 with loud exhaust, turned my head and saw a Grand National.

Knurled.
7/26/19 6:38 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Ouch.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/26/19 6:42 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Certainly not the cleanest GN, but from what I can tell the guy uses it as a daily driver and has cleaned it up a bit over the past few months. I see him around town fairly often.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/26/19 6:45 p.m.

I’m confess my wife is leaving for four days and I’m excited to do what I want.  

Don’t I always do what I want?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/19 6:54 p.m.
Woody said:
NickD said:

I’m not sure if I love the fact that we now live in a world in which an Evo X is considered too slow. 

I wouldn't call an evo x slow, just kinda boring.

1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uxi9OwtHOfM2dlC2L8rrYmpweoUF7NKS68PumqxgC8Fe4uMzrAiNObGjB7oFPZ9R