1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 ... 441
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/9/19 12:19 a.m.

Not a confession, but NIN and David Bowie was an interesting combination.

Minor confession: I forgot to pick tomatoes due to rain and work for a few days, and I lost about a dozen that just got over ripe. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
8/9/19 3:25 p.m.

I purposely skip the "fasten seatbelt" step when I get in my new car. It is just so much better to drive that way.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/10/19 10:50 a.m.

I may or may not have moved some money and decided to go look at an exceptionally cheap 09 Fit Sport with the manual next weekend.  Only has 300k miles on it... Mileage doesnt matter for rallycross

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/10/19 2:03 p.m.

I once jokingly asked a person who lived in Tasmania how bad the Tasmanian Devil problem was and was severely disappointed by the answer he gave me.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/19 2:06 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Was it about the face cancer epidemic?

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/10/19 2:07 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Yes. I expected a joke and got sad.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/10/19 9:55 p.m.

I'm currently scrolling through the wish app laughing at all the fake watch names.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/11/19 9:06 a.m.

I confess I was surprised at how uncomfortable my daughters 2009 Honda Civic is due to my height - most small cars are fine but this car doesn't have a lot of room in the drivers seat.

I sat in a few cars at the Road America IMSA race manufacturers booths last weekend and I was shocked how far back I had to angle the seat to be comfortable. The seats were so far back I really didn't feel I could drive one any distance. NOT THAT I am looking to buy any of these; Veloster N, Lexus LC500, Lexus RC F. 

The Veloster N made me feel claustrophobic. Maybe I was in the wrong car?   

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/11/19 10:30 a.m.

I got to stare at this scenery for an hour and a half...

Sitting out there was more enjoyable than the next hour and a half sat at a train station that wasn’t our destination.  And we’re still not back yet.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/11/19 12:53 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

Wandering around Ukraine, or similar?

Electric trains and eastern European script implies not North Dakota.

sleepyhead the buffalo
8/11/19 2:00 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Yeah, Poland specifically.  Theoretically their EU membership has meant more zloty’s for infrastructure improvement.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/11/19 2:06 p.m.

Whenever I see pictures from there, I'm a bit shocked at how much it looks like Saskatchewan.  No particular reason to be different...

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/19 2:39 p.m.

Minor confession:  Whenever I see written Polish, I think it was a joke perpetrated on them.  Probably my English bias showing.

It's weird to read the history of that unpleasantness in the 40s and see Polish cities written in Polish, and in German, and realize they are pronounced more or less the same.

sleepyhead the buffalo
8/11/19 3:27 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

As it happens, we were on our way back from visiting Gdansk (Danzig)... which, on it's face, exemplifies that sentiment; and then the more you read/learn about it, the more you realize how complex the world can be.  It was slightly bewildering to walk around.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/19 5:16 p.m.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/19 5:17 p.m.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/12/19 12:10 p.m.

I found out the real story behind some local "lore" completely by chance the other night. I'm not into that sort of thing generally, but one of my buddies is. Now that I know the realy story, and the people, he may be in for a good pranking soon. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/12/19 6:43 p.m.

I may have accidentally gotten in an argument with a Pontiac purist on the internet. Oops.

MrChaos
8/13/19 11:54 a.m.

I'm considering getting rid of my ND RF for a prius. It would save me around $700 a month to get out of the miata and into a gen 3 prius. Especially with my 80 miles commute. It would also get me debt free.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/13/19 12:21 p.m.
MrChaos said:

I'm considering getting rid of my ND RF for a prius. It would save me around $700 a month to get out of the miata and into a gen 3 prius. Especially with my 80 miles commute. It would also get me debt free.

$8,400 a year? Sell sell sell! Then buy a $3,500 NB as a fun car, commute in the Prius. 

AWSX1686
8/13/19 1:14 p.m.
mtn said:
MrChaos said:

$8,400 a year? Sell sell sell! Then buy a $3,500 NB as a fun car, commute in the Prius. 

ND RF.......

EDIT: I totally understand not wanting a car payment though!

AWSX1686
8/13/19 1:16 p.m.

I enjoy BonChon chicken, I like spicy things. I can usually only get BonChon when I visit our corporate office once a month. Well, due to the circumstance today we went to a place similar to BonChon. It tasted great, but was way spicier to the point I couldn't finish and my stomach was getting upset. That was rough...

MrChaos
8/13/19 1:18 p.m.
AWSX1686 said:
mtn said:
MrChaos said:

ND RF.......

EDIT: I totally understand not wanting a car payment though!

I do really like my nd rf so I would likely end up getting another eventually.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/13/19 4:52 p.m.

When I come back from vacation I try to maintain a communication blackout with my coworkers in hopes they won't notice I'm back. It worked today. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/13/19 5:29 p.m.

I put a work deadline on my calendar for next thursday. Its actually THIS Thursday. berkeleying sonofa......

Just now leaving the office. Went from 0% complete to %40 complete since lunch. 

Tue confession? Ive hat hatebreed on MAX VOLUMES sonce lunch. Haven't heard the phone ring all day.....

1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cKIriWSbU0JEHFuvPzEFURc7yCPMqJFX6LJ7gtW4gM6a5QK5A3j9CUK7BAyO8BFt