1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 ... 441
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/30/19 8:45 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Bringing kids to the house for the parolee who shouldn't be around kids. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/19 9:09 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
10/30/19 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Your family sounds as interesting as mine.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
10/31/19 9:40 a.m.

Tiger Mom has been planning a trip to Vegas for months.  When she first mentioned it she said something about a "long weekend" to visit an old patient of hers.  She leaves saturday morning and yesterday I looked at her itinerary and noticed that she doesn't get back till the 13th.   Apparently she's heading out west for a 10 day trip and I didn't even realize it.  My listening skills are getting weak.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
10/31/19 2:02 p.m.

Whenever I come up with a fun idea for an autocross build, I like to read through the SCCA rulebook to see where it would be classed. The seven billion lines of rules usually do a sufficient job of quashing my enthusiasm enough to save my wallet.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/31/19 6:57 p.m.
slowbird said:

Whenever I come up with a fun idea for an autocross build, I like to read through the SCCA rulebook to see where it would be classed. The seven billion lines of rules usually do a sufficient job of quashing my enthusiasm enough to save my wallet.

That is why rallycross is so relaxing.  There are three categories.

If it's in Stock, it's stock with a capital S.  All of the rules boil down to "Unless it's a generic wear-item replacement part, no you can't do that."

If it's in Prepared, the general idea is easily reversible bolt-on items only and it must be a streetable car, no parts-removal lightening allowed.

If it's in Modified, it sort of has to be recognizable as the car that you claim it is, and you have to have a windshield and other safety-related minimums.  Other than that, you're totally free to make all of the ill-advised mods that actually make you slower.

Modified is a very popular class.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
10/31/19 7:12 p.m.

I just now realized I'm a power dork with more posts than quite a few people that I'm pretty sure have been here way longer than me.

I think I might be a post whore.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/19 11:24 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/1/19 2:18 p.m.

Today I hit the 87 Octane button at Costco instead of the 93 button and had filled my car up with 5 gallons of gas before I realized I had botched it. I filled it up the rest of the way with 93. So, it looks like I'll be staying out of the boost for a tank of gas.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/1/19 2:48 p.m.

I think I'm almost ready to put my disgust for GM products aside just enough to venture into the GM section of the pull-a-part and look for a cheap Eaton supercharger. Because boost.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
11/1/19 10:25 p.m.

I just agreed to buy a $500 '95 318 beemer.  It will get flogged throughout the winter and treated far worse than a car ever should.   Which is ok.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/19 10:28 p.m.
Daylan C said:

I feel like I should have kept my SN95 rag. Might get dumb enough to buy another at some point. Maybe a Cobra next time.

Hi, my name is Javelin, and I have an SN95 Cobra for sale.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/1/19 10:51 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Hi, my name is Daylan and I can't afford your Cobra right now.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/2/19 12:56 a.m.

Well, I finally turned on the pellet stove. 2 weeks later than last year, so that's maybe a plus?

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/3/19 2:03 p.m.

I bought Caddy for $150. And then somehow fried some of the wiring harness trying to jump start it. This has not been a productive day.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/3/19 2:13 p.m.

"Never been in an accident. Front bumper and grille bent from a deer the previous owner hit."

Which one is it, ya muppet?

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/3/19 2:14 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

He said it's never been in an accident. The deer was a targeted hit.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/3/19 2:19 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Fair enough.

Minor confession - this should've gone into the minor rant thread.

It's that kind of weekend.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
11/3/19 6:47 p.m.

My car count just hit 7.   All of which run and drive.   #winning

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
11/3/19 8:08 p.m.

"The most expensive divorce I ever got was an orange Q45 I won from a Florida man in an online raffle."

Sometimes "free" isn't free.

I'm capable of learning. My wife should be glad.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/4/19 3:55 a.m.

I have an unreasonably weak stomach when it comes to cleaning up Rottweiler sized piles of crap from the kitchen floor at 4am.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
11/4/19 11:32 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I suck at hockey. But I absolutely love playing it. You can be absolutely terrible at something and still enjoy the hell out of it.

Maybe I'm maturing? 

I found out I suck at autox. And I absolutely Love it.

Maybe I'm maturing too? Nope.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
11/4/19 11:47 a.m.

I bought the mudstain as a commuter, and aside from being a bit cold-blooded and no AC, it does quite well. I did all the maintenance and fluids and brakes so it should be just gas and go. 

Why can I not banish the thought of boosting this Lima. It is carbureted, so to do it right would require switching to injection, installing forged things, and generally spending more than I paid for the car. A more economical solution is a v8 swap, I mean it is a fox body so it couldn't be easier. Not interested in V8 weight, sounds or economy. And power/speed is not the purpose of this car. I have a big V8 project, and a long term dream project. I don't need this. But every time I drive the mudstain I find myself thinking "A little more cam for revs and about 15 psi and..."

I can't stop thinking about it and starting to worry I may be in trouble.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/4/19 12:50 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Could be worse. You could be contemplating a high-dollar naturally aspirated Lima build. cheeky

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
11/4/19 1:09 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Isn't the Ford 2.3 not that much lighter than a 302?

1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OCBZsyBTJLJZ0tzDPk378K60EB1HTKcqcp1YsphEDtbM1aHllBdzg1xxkniVt61E