1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 ... 441
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/9/19 5:41 a.m.
Knurled. said:

When that "best sounding engine" thread turned to Flowmasters on a Mustang, I bit my tongue and left before I went postal on the thread.  Flowmasters on anything is the patron saint of crappy sounding engines.

Truth in the truthiest possible way of speaking the truth.

tester
tester New Reader
11/9/19 6:43 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Knurled. said:

When that "best sounding engine" thread turned to Flowmasters on a Mustang, I bit my tongue and left before I went postal on the thread.  Flowmasters on anything is the patron saint of crappy sounding engines.

Must be terrible having broken ears. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/9/19 7:49 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

How deaf do you have to be to listen to an open piped car or truck and not have the noise make you crazy after twenty minutes driving?  Hear that subtle engine rattle? Nope.  Hear the wheel bearing failing? Nope.  Hear the radio? Nope.  Hear the firetruck siren behind you? Nope.

I'm hearing impaired since birth. I wouldn't hear any of those things in an electric vehicle. laugh

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/9/19 8:04 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Knurled. said:

You clearly haven't heard a fox body with SLP Loudmouth 1s. 

I also don't like Flowmasters though.

wae
wae UltraDork
11/9/19 8:21 a.m.

I think I like driving my Miata more with the hardtop on than with the top down.  I know I like the way it looks better with the hardtop.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/9/19 8:57 a.m.

im still considering an electric rallycross leaf

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/9/19 8:47 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I've had 2 Mustangs with SLP Loudmouth catbacks; a 1999 Cobra convertible and a 1995 GT coupe.

Both had Blowmasters before going SLP. I believe the Cobra had them installed by Ford due to the '99s making less than the advertised HP.

The 1995 had the cheapest catback I could find. It didn't even have tips; just plain aluminized steel pipes. I bought the car and it didn't have any exhaust from the factory midpipe back. I just needed something to be able to drive it and not die of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The SLP systems were built well but combined with an off-road xpipe they were too loud for the street. I'm sure my neighbors hated me.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/9/19 8:58 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

One of my friends has a 91 LX hatch. 302 with those SVE aluminum heads long tube headers and who knows what cam. It sounded pretty awful with an offroad x pipe and LM1s. LM2s he had on it before are a bit more mellow and actually sound pretty decent. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/10/19 5:09 a.m.

The thing about Flowmasters is not only do they sound awful, but they're pretty restrictive too, judging by testing backpressure while doing some WOT runs.

Their full exhaust kits are very nice, at least.  I used to get them and put Magnaflow mufflers in there.  (Magnaflow kits are a PITA to install, they have crappy hangers and they require a lot of cutting to fit)  Magnaflows are effectively just pipes as far as backpressure is concerned, but they do a wonderful job of cutting noise.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
11/10/19 8:25 a.m.

I may have been looking at E90 328i 6MTs for the past two weeks.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/10/19 11:17 a.m.

Oops. I may have bid on a car that I have no room for and no way of picking up.

Half hoping I get outbid, half hoping I don't and end up having to beg for help storing this thing for a while.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
11/10/19 9:25 p.m.

Just finished watching “The art of racing in the rain”.   Sniff.   Sob.  Breath.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
11/10/19 9:38 p.m.

My 3yo asked for a grilled cheese sandwich earlier. I used the microwave. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/11/19 12:26 p.m.

Nobody appears to have gotten my UHF reference in Stampie's free Q45 thread and I'm disappointed.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/11/19 12:29 p.m.

I think I bought a Jeep. I do not want a Jeep. That's what I get for randomly offering people 500 bucks for whatever junk they have, regardless of actual worth. 

It is not a good Jeep either. 

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/11/19 12:40 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I think I bought a Jeep. I do not want a Jeep. That's what I get for randomly offering people 500 bucks for whatever junk they have, regardless of actual worth. 

part out time. or challenge car fodder

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/11/19 12:57 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

What do we mean by "Jeep" here? 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/11/19 1:10 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Mndsm :

What do we mean by "Jeep" here? 

Only the freest and most American of the jeeps- the liberty.  Tbh, it's probably already sold to swmbo's kid. Kid is berkeleying obsessed with nameplates and I've spent the better part of four years trying to tell her most Jeeps ain't E36 M3. She refused to listen. So now, I'm gonna sell her this Jeep. For 1000$. Swmbo is agreeable to me making 500 bucks off her kid, so...full send. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/11/19 1:11 p.m.
MrChaos said:
Mndsm said:

part out time. or challenge car fodder

Ideally, I'm gonna take the profits and either start challenge prepping the 400$ wagon, or I'm gonna buy a E36 M3ty mustang. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/11/19 1:29 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

As much as I like E36 M3ty Mustangs, I'd probably prep the wagon.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/11/19 2:44 p.m.

Well that escalated quickly. Went from talking about moving in together like 2 weeks ago to going to look at a house Thursday.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/11/19 3:03 p.m.
RevRico said:

Well that escalated quickly. Went from talking about moving in together like 2 weeks ago to going to look at a house Thursday.

Damn son. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/11/19 3:16 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Last time I did that I ended up with a bitter divorce but a really cool kid. It was worth it. Send it. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/11/19 4:38 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Mndsm :

As much as I like E36 M3ty Mustangs, I'd probably prep the wagon.

Ed malle did warn me that E36 M3ty mustangs multiply. I'm not sure I want one, let alone several. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/11/19 4:43 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

My E36 M3ty Mustang was the best fun beater I had. I want another but can't decide if I want another crusty beater Mustang or spend more money on a nicer one. Maybe even hold out for an 05-09 GT. (3 valve sucks but I'm ok with the power and like the body style a lot).

But lots of other E36 M3 to take care of first.

1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iDwd3D4MN9KuGz4sxK3X0H4di23LuKLeMHR3r95RVwdiqwMtLUxqcLBoXQmiVMwv