1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 ... 441
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/29/19 8:54 a.m.

I can't stop laughing at a friend of mine, although I'm starting to think I need a new accountant. 

Called me last night "dude, I finally did it, I actually went shopping on thanksgiving. Blah blah blah, traffic, idiots, no parking" 

He spent more at Target on something on a "Black Friday Deal" than it costs regularly at Sam's Club, Amazon, or most anywhere else. 

Maybe I do need to find a new accountant. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/19 9:03 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

It was a deal for someone, at least.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/19 9:07 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

NickD
NickD PowerDork
11/29/19 9:15 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

Bert & Ernie have way too much hair to be me

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/29/19 9:27 a.m.
NickD said:

My family decided that rather than try and get everyone gifts this year, we would all draw a name and just be responsible for that person. My father and I drew each other's names and immediately started scheming how to manipulate the system "You bought me half of a 2-post lift? What a coincidence, I bought you half of a 2-post lift too!"

That's how I ended up with myself at works secret santa. I traded myself away to my boss for one of the cashier's, but I was standing there giving him the link to the thing I wanted when he ordered it, and it was what I was going to surprise myself with anyhow. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
11/29/19 9:42 a.m.
Mndsm said:
NickD said:

My family decided that rather than try and get everyone gifts this year, we would all draw a name and just be responsible for that person. My father and I drew each other's names and immediately started scheming how to manipulate the system "You bought me half of a 2-post lift? What a coincidence, I bought you half of a 2-post lift too!"

That's how I ended up with myself at works secret santa. I traded myself away to my boss for one of the cashier's, but I was standing there giving him the link to the thing I wanted when he ordered it, and it was what I was going to surprise myself with anyhow. 

We weren't allowed to draw ourselves, had to put it back in if we got ourself. Otherwise, if I had gotten myself, I could have chalked my Xida coilovers up as a very nice Christmas gift to myself and been done.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/29/19 2:45 p.m.
NickD said:
Mndsm said:
NickD said:

We weren't allowed to draw ourselves, had to put it back in if we got ourself. Otherwise, if I had gotten myself, I could have chalked my Xida coilovers up as a very nice Christmas gift to myself and been done.

Yeah, I was supposed to do that, but since it's secret Santa, you're not supposed to tell who you got. Now, if the recipient knows who has them, it doesn't work. 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
12/2/19 10:35 p.m.

Waiting on a starter for the CR-V I'm driving the RX 8.

I have to sell something and it was supposed to be the CR-V. Once it's fixed I won't want to sell it.

Then I drive the Mazda and I don't want to sell it. It drives way to nice.

I have WAY too much in the Grand Marquis to sell it. And I want to autox it. Yes I'll be laughing my butt off the whole time, that's the point.

Im hopeless.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/19 3:00 p.m.

Today I went for a walk at the dog park, but without the dog.

The whole time I was there, I felt like I was cheating on her.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/5/19 3:11 p.m.

I have this inexplicable need to listen to the insane clown posses great milenko album from time to time. It's 22 year old hot garbage, but there isn't a single song I will skip. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/5/19 3:31 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I have this inexplicable need to listen to the insane clown posses great milenko album from time to time. It's 22 year old hot garbage, but there isn't a single song I will skip. 

My Confession is that album is actually in the CD player in my truck right now

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
12/5/19 3:38 p.m.

Bought my daughter a Power Wheels dune buggy for $200. It was pink and perfectly priced compared to what I was seeing what people wanted locally for engine-less go-kart frames.

Also because I did some pre-purchase Googling and learned it's a steel frame with dual rear motors and people constantly throw on 24v li-on packs.

So I kinda got it for myself, but mainly for her.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/5/19 5:18 p.m.

It's been 79 days since I've bought a car but I almost backslide today for a 924S. Lucky for me the old gentleman wouldn't sell. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/5/19 5:25 p.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

Cut up bike intertubes rubber cemented to the wheels really helps with traction.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/5/19 7:46 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
Mndsm said:

If the vast majority of of my CD collection hadn't been stolen and forced me to digital, it would be. However, Spotify has it, and it is in heavy rotation. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/5/19 8:15 p.m.
Mndsm said:

OMG my wife found that album on the side of the road resting in the gravel in front of my parents house. Someone must have tossed it out of their car or something. We've listened to it a dozen+ times and still quote from it from time to time. "If you lost a little weight you'd look like Ricky Lake!" Hahahaha

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/5/19 8:18 p.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

Is that the Power Wheels "Dune Racer?" I might need to get one of those. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/5/19 8:26 p.m.
dculberson said:
Mndsm said:

OMG my wife found that album on the side of the road resting in the gravel in front of my parents house. Someone must have tossed it out of their car or something. We've listened to it a dozen+ times and still quote from it from time to time. "If you lost a little weight you'd look like Ricky Lake!" Hahahaha

I bought it in high school thinking I was edgy. It's so berkeleying bad, but I can't give it up. 

He'll eat monopoly and E36 M3 out connect 4! 

Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
12/5/19 8:47 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I still listen to Blink182 and Yellowcard...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/19 10:00 p.m.

In reply to all the ICP fans:

A few Halloween’s ago, I met a new neighbor and his teenage son.  I thought the kid was The Crow because of his makeup.  He said “I’m a Juggalo.  You probably don’t even know what that is.” I said “Sure I do.  A Juggalo is the 40-year-old who asks if I want to super-size my fries!”  Dad high-fives me, kid looks bummed.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
12/6/19 9:07 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Yup! I posted the deal on Slickdeals, but here's the Walmart link. Free shipping to your house or to the store. I ordered it on...Wednesday I think and it'll be ready to pick up next Friday. The store local to me only had a green one, so I was forced to order and wait instead of getting them to price match their own website.

Everything I've read has said this is one of their much better products, especially if your kid is tall and/or close to 7. With my daughter being something like the 95%-tile in height for her age group, this is perfect. Hell, it'll even fit my wife since she's well under the max weight limit.

I'm still gonna try driving it at least once, though.

In reply to Stampie :

Ooo, whenever I upgrade the motors and the battery, I'll look at doing this as well for her.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/6/19 9:12 a.m.
Mndsm said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:
Mndsm said:

If the vast majority of of my CD collection hadn't been stolen and forced me to digital, it would be. However, Spotify has it, and it is in heavy rotation. 

My confession:  I know who they are, but I have never heard a single ICP song, ever.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/6/19 9:38 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

You aren't missing much. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
12/6/19 9:53 a.m.

My ICP-related minor confession.  I like their remake of Sly Fox’s “Let’s Go All The Way” better than the original.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
12/6/19 9:55 a.m.

Friend of mine sent me pictures of an LS4 swapped Saturn SL and the brain storming session that followed has gotten utterly ridiculous.

1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dSSxJxqYRZbDtQWWJjUmuYjcUSJlaHuWVffelUP8ZSGX8SWm1K8R5r0QzMPfYdW7