1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 ... 441
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/6/19 9:55 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

My ICP-related minor confession.  I like their remake of Sly Fox’s “Let’s Go All The Way” better than the original.

Agreed. Also the only music video they've ever had played on television, and only once. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
12/6/19 11:54 a.m.

I couldn't figure out a way to hold a differential carrier so that I could torque ring gear bolts to 96lb-ft with a torque wrench. So instead, I put my 100lb-ft torque stick on my impact gun and zipped the bolts tight in a criss-cross pattern. I'm not proud of this.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
12/6/19 1:03 p.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

My confession is, when I was a little kid, the neighbor had a Power Wheels car and I was so jealous that I never got one...I might have to buy one for myself someday. Though I want the Bigfoot monster truck body on mine.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/6/19 2:06 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

My ICP-related minor confession.  I like their remake of Sly Fox’s “Let’s Go All The Way” better than the original.

Likewise.

My confession-not-a-confession:  I still can remember 90% of the words to anything on the Jeckel Brothers album.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/6/19 2:33 p.m.

Typing with a cat napping on your hand makes you look (or at least write) like an illiterate imbecile.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/7/19 2:57 a.m.

I'm 100% certain I detest 95% of NuMetal.

Knurled.
12/7/19 5:14 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I'm 100% certain I detest 95% of NuMetal.

You and me both, brutha.  If I wanted to listen to atonal screaming and bad guitar, I'd...  I'm not sure what I'd do,because I can't even put myself in that mindset.

Today's confession (not a confession):  I don't like turkey  I was given a 20lb turkey at work, and so it was dutifully handled, and the leftovers are still enormous, because I don't get all crazy over turkey.  There's a REASON why we only go gaa-gaa over it once a year, and Thanksgiving is it.  Turkey is the USA's surstrommung: a national pastime that is mainly enjoyed out of a sense of duty to tradition.  The rest of the year, it is used as a filler for cheap bland lunchmeat because chicken and pork are too expensive.  (It's also, I guess, healthier, which was Mom's excuse for why she used it as a substitute in recipes, which is fine because it kept us fed, and anything tastes good when drowned in enough chili or other things)

Also, Adam Sandler can (blank) due to his turkey song, which is funny once and annoying the second time you hear it, as well as the 285th.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
12/7/19 8:19 a.m.

Even if it wasn't my money, I'd rather buy a Twin than a Supra. 

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/7/19 5:21 p.m.

I prefer a nice Dual Clutch or Paddle shift auto over a manual transmission.  Im talking good transmissions like the PDK and the IS-F's trans

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/19 9:48 a.m.

Every year, my town issues a pewter Christmas ornament featuring a local building of historical significance. This year's ornament features a charming little 300 year old farmhouse where a famous author lived from the mid 30's until 1980.

I guess the judges at the Historical Society skipped over the part about the murder suicide that took place there the year before she moved in.

Merry Christmas.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/12/19 10:26 a.m.
MrChaos said:

I prefer a nice Dual Clutch or Paddle shift auto over a manual transmission.  Im talking good transmissions like the PDK and the IS-F's trans

AVIS sez’ I’ve spent 112 days with their rental cars this year. My naughty list…Chrysler because they slam rather than shift from park into drive / Nissan because by the time their transmissions decide to drop down a gear in response to your request for power, the competition has long, long, long since smoked you. My nice list…Ford Fusion with all-wheel-drive because their performance in snow / ice is so excellent that they almost defy physics which explains why they’re a dime-a-dozen in areas like Minneapolis.

I recently bought a new Mazda CX-3 and it was the first car I ever got with an automatic (forced choice, manual only available in Asian and European markets). It’s OK, I know mileage / performance in modern automatics meats or beats manuals…blah, blah, blah, whatever, I like rowing gears. Getting an automatic was a concession…I don’t regret my decision but my preference hasn’t changed…I like rowing gears; get off my lawn.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/12/19 10:32 a.m.
Woody said:

I guess the judges at the Historical Society skipped over the part about the murder suicide that took place there the year before she moved in.

To me, this makes the ornament much more interesting and desirable. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
12/12/19 10:44 a.m.

I'm trying to decide how seriously to prep the Emod for next years' autocross.  Or just hoon it around for giggles.  Also, the dude I bought it from has a fiberglass Cobra body he'll sell me for $900.  But do I want to tackle hanging a Cobra body on a 1959 Zamboni race car?

Or just push the easy button and slap hoosiers on the NC and run CSP.  Or fresh 200TW hotness and fight to stay relevent in STR........

This probably belongs in  first world problems.

Woody
12/12/19 10:47 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
Woody said:

I bought two.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/12/19 12:59 p.m.
Woody said:
Brett_Murphy said:
Woody said:

I bought two.

Hi Woody,

Have you decided how you’re going to murder theme one of them to start your own private Hallmark series or would you like our assistance?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/13/19 12:15 a.m.

I own 4 working record players.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/13/19 7:54 a.m.

Monday, I found a property that is really desirable for me, and not even too terribly expensive. My wife is not totally on board yet, but I think I have solutions to her issues with it. 

Tuesday, the truck broke down, and I'm pretty sure it needs a transmission. Likely going to cost me $2-3k, even doing most of the work myself. Really puts a damper on the potential of buying this property. I'm still hopeful, but it's going to take a miracle I think. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/13/19 8:25 a.m.

Im >< close the calling in with anal glaucoma today to play with my new plasma cutter. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/13/19 12:33 p.m.

Got some onion flavored spaetzle from Aldi and had it for dinner last night. Whooooo-eeee does that make for some interesting smells the next day. I think I'm going to work from home for the rest of the day to spare my coworkers the atrocity.

Knurled.
12/14/19 5:56 a.m.
MrChaos said:

I drove a twin clutch Honda for five miles before I realized that it wasn't a traditional automatic.  And I realized this not from a driving impression, but from reading into the service information to find out details on what I was working on.  It's that good and seamless. (Are you listening, Ford?  Of course you are not, you gave the fark up on cars in general thanks to your failure at twin-clutch transmissioning instead of standing up like a man.  LIKE A MAN.  And admitting that Getrag figured it out a long time ago, and just buying transmissions from them, like Honda and everyone else did)

Today's confession-not-a-confession:  I am/was a Ford guy, but I have lost all respect for Ford because of their decision to pander to timid failures-at-life who insist on driving trucks, instead of sensible people who drive cars.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/14/19 1:43 p.m.
Knurled. said:

I drove a twin clutch Honda for five miles before I realized that it wasn't a traditional automatic.  And I realized this not from a driving impression, but from reading into the service information to find out details on what I was working on.  It's that good and seamless. (Are you listening, Ford?  Of course you are not, you gave the fark up on cars in general thanks to your failure at twin-clutch transmissioning instead of standing up like a man.  LIKE A MAN.  And admitting that Getrag figured it out a long time ago, and just buying transmissions from them, like Honda and everyone else did)

(obligatory rant about the crap water pump on FWD Ford 3.7 engines)

Is the DCT on the Honda as good as the ones VW is putting into the GTI?

Knurled.
12/14/19 1:58 p.m.

Okay, I'm feeling better now.  Being tailgated most of the way home by people in Suburbans with their high beams on makes me crabby.

Anyway, they just work. 

Woody
12/14/19 3:13 p.m.

I watched Slap Shot again the other day.

That movie has not held up well over time. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if it was ever any good. Paul Newman's performance wasn't even anything special.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
12/14/19 3:57 p.m.

Watch The Towering Inferno.  Hurts to watch the big guys in this movie.  

Still love Airport with Dean Martin and George Kennedy.  

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/15/19 4:53 p.m.

My confession?- I don't think computers will ever be capable of doing things that people think they can.  It has been interestingly reinforced by my daughter, who is in second year vet med- She updated her Word program, which has added a feature that is supposed to label pictures using AI.  Some of the descriptions of diseased tongues and ulcers are amusingly,. and disgustingly wrong.

1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jIeBrMvhVHE3VTMA6mibEJmvruQS1mspWhlgoIHD9QoNbFKjHiDjZ4UQSi8Dh7Jm