1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 ... 441
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/20 6:37 a.m.
Knurled. said:

My knees were made out of Yugo turn signal stalks.  Being tall means your joints suck because they were engineered for someone 2 feet shorter.

When I was in school, they taught me that If I chose to smoke, then I would get lung cancer, If I was fat and out of shape, I would die of heart disease and if I drank too much, my liver would fail.

Nobody warned me about joint pain. I never saw that one coming.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/10/20 7:56 a.m.

I left early to get 711 roller grill for breakfast. I got caught behind a school bus unloading or loading an entire zipcode of kids. They got introduced to Suicide Silence by way of the song Cease to Exist at maximum volume. The guy in the minivan next to me was not impressed, but I just turned it up more to drown out whatever oontz music he was playing. I regret nothing. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
1/10/20 8:16 a.m.
Daylan C said:

Somebody made that "Crawling in my Crawl!" video and ruined that song for me.

You mean this one?

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
1/10/20 9:39 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

That would be the E36 M3 in question.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
1/10/20 10:05 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

You're welcome

Woody
1/10/20 12:37 p.m.

For lunch on Fridays, I eat fish tacos with Frank's Red Hot.

When I'm done, it generally looks like a crime scene.

Next day, same thing.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/20 1:45 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

your only regrettable action IMO was 711 roller grill breakfast.  goddamn man your gut must be tougher than chinese math!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/10/20 1:47 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

In reply to Mndsm :

your only regrettable action IMO was 711 roller grill breakfast.  goddamn man your gut must be tougher than chinese math!

I eat a salad and I'm berkeleyed. I eat taco Bell or roller grill, fresh as a daisy. Doesn't make sense. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
1/10/20 1:56 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

In reply to Mndsm :

I have a cast-iron lined digestive tract. I also love spicy food. I consume around 3-4K calories per day; more if I am racing (run or Mt bike). I'm 6'6", weigh 180lbs, and I've never had heartburn in my life...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/10/20 4:17 p.m.

We're replacing various items of office equipment.  I was asked to advise on selecting the new workstation chairs.

We previously had large, fairly tacky, fake-leather-cushioned "executive" chairs.

I recommended some adjustable, all-mesh desk chairs.

The new chairs are comfortable... but do nothing to muffle post-lunchtime exhaust noises.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/20 4:19 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Confession:  At the sight of the word "mesh" I instantly thought of the flow-through ventilation, if you follow me.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
1/10/20 8:51 p.m.

I'm trying to plan a vacation for this spring. My plan is rather ambitious. I currently have a "Tangle of string on a wallboard"-looking itinerary going on.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/20 9:41 p.m.

I've paid more attention to the Megxit story than I'd care to admit. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
1/11/20 10:10 p.m.

I like minivans. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/12/20 8:02 a.m.

My grandmother has been placed on hospice. She's been fighting cancer since forever, and she's been lonely without my grandfather, so I'm not necessarily sad. I would have to fly back to MN, likely while it's still winter, to see her/do a funeral. Medium sad. 

The part I am sad about? If I went it would be an unexpected visit with my kid. Awesome. He has a new little half sister he probably wants me to meet. Definitely not interested in that, at all.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/12/20 8:34 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Sorry man but focus on seeing your son and the joy that’ll bring you both. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/12/20 8:48 a.m.
Mndsm said:

I eat a salad and I'm berkeleyed.  

Try a salad that is romaine or spinach. 

Iceberg lettuce makes me sick and I eat giant salads of romaine/spinach almost every night - no problem.  

https://www.jillianmichaels.com/blog/food-and-nutrition/myth-all-lettuce-good-you

ThurdFerguson
ThurdFerguson Reader
1/12/20 9:41 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
Mndsm said:

I eat a salad and I'm berkeleyed.  

Try a salad that is romaine or spinach. 

Iceberg lettuce makes me sick and I eat giant salads of romaine/spinach almost every night - no problem.  

https://www.jillianmichaels.com/blog/food-and-nutrition/myth-all-lettuce-good-you

I found I am the same way.  Gave up iceberg but eat a huge spinach salad most every night with dinner.  No problems.

Woody
1/12/20 9:46 a.m.

I love cooked spinach, but I hate spinach salad.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/12/20 10:16 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

And I am the opposite. Cooked spinach is one of the grossest things I can think of. Maybe it's because my family was obsessed with the canned Popeyes E36 M3. 

Stampie
1/12/20 10:33 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Saute the spinach with garlic and butter. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/12/20 10:43 a.m.

I enjoy animated movies.  I laughed for an embarrassing amount of time at the Disney princess scenes in Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/12/20 12:52 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to Woody :

And I am the opposite. Cooked spinach is one of the grossest things I can think of. Maybe it's because my family was obsessed with the canned Popeyes E36 M3. 

My in-laws were country folk from 'bama.   

Collard greens.  When cooked I would tell them it's wet grass clippings.  They didn't like that.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/12/20 1:29 p.m.

I'm thinking about selling my step side Silverado to go back to extended cab Dakota's. Even though my wife is banned me from ever owning another one.

Stampie
1/12/20 2:12 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Why do you hate yourself?

1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
To7fvFnH6rtMbbjz4jbSYmGoJEYckypgIJWFIg3e2MDl2K1o9Ac7XtisFoHnOnhH