1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 ... 441
Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
1/13/20 4:33 p.m.

You guys ever answered the phone with the greeting you used at your previous employer which happens to be a competitor to your current employer?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/13/20 4:34 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Yes. Intentionally!!!

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
1/13/20 4:43 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

It was an accident in my case, 2 weeks into that job after being at the old place for nearly 3 years. Which is the longest I've held a job up to this point.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/20 6:44 p.m.
Daylan C said:

You guys ever answered the phone with the greeting you used at your previous employer which happens to be a competitor to your current employer?

About, uh... a lot of time ago, my GF and I went to Taco Bell after I picked her up from work, because vegetarian and it was 9pm we ain't cookin' E36 M3.  The guy says "Welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?"

I was so tired I didn't catch it.  She did.  And after we placed our orders and bumped up in line, she said I should have ordered a Big Mac just to see what would happen.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
1/13/20 9:16 p.m.

I'm definitely not over here trying to decide if my GTA is too nice to be a rallycross car or not.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/13/20 9:33 p.m.

This guy got arrested in my town and I'd like to add a wacky comment (maybe he was just trying to get his point across) but I'm afraid that since he lives in my town he might look me up and come over and beat me up.  

At 57 years of age I'm not up for getting into fights.

Mental
Mental Mod Squad
1/13/20 10:34 p.m.

I have a spectacular car coming this month, like world-class almost supercar at the bottom of its depreciation curve, well maintained and perfect.

But I can't stop looking at cheap Miatas

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
1/16/20 2:34 a.m.

So there we were. 2 grown ass men at work on 2nd shift next to a running CNC mill. Discussing the finer points of the delicacy that is the smiley fry. 

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
1/16/20 7:48 a.m.
Knurled. said:

About, uh... a lot of time ago, my GF and I went to Taco Bell after I picked her up from work, because vegetarian and it was 9pm we ain't cookin' E36 M3. 

YOu ain't cooking your own E36 M3, so they cooked some of their E36 M3 for you.  Sounds about right for the temporary food shop.  Do people still go to Taco Hell of their own free will after turning 30?   

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/16/20 7:59 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
Knurled. said:

About, uh... a lot of time ago, my GF and I went to Taco Bell after I picked her up from work, because vegetarian and it was 9pm we ain't cookin' E36 M3. 

YOu ain't cooking your own E36 M3, so they cooked some of their E36 M3 for you.  Sounds about right for the temporary food shop.  Do people still go to Taco Hell of their own free will after turning 30?   

Well, I turned 30 about 8 hours ago, and now after reading this I think Taco Bell may be my lunch today

wae
wae UltraDork
1/16/20 8:00 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
Knurled. said:

About once every 45 days or so I get a craving and go in for about a dozen of their "tacos".  No regerts.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/16/20 9:11 a.m.

I'm a few years past 40, and don't begrudge the occasional Taco Bell jaunt.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/16/20 9:15 a.m.

Yeah, Taco Bell is pretty much my default choice when the Dancer has a Girl's Night with her friends every few months, and when I got to the junkyard (as there's one right next to it). Generally spend like $7 for more than enough to fill me up and a drink, it works out pretty well IMO. Sure, it's not the healthiest thing out there- but surprisingly isn't as bad as many other options.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/20 11:14 a.m.

When I was taking my last class before graduating from college (Physiology 300-something), I used to have lunch with my professor (300lbs-something) at Taco Bell.

At the time, he had been nominated, and was under consideration for, a Nobel Prize.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/16/20 11:17 a.m.

40- and taco Bell is my default when I dont want to cook. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
1/16/20 11:49 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

Taco Bell is the only thing I've found that will flush the finest dining known to man (MREs) from your system after a week in the field...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/16/20 3:34 p.m.

We didn't have Taco Bell here until about a year ago.  I was shocked by the buzz, especially after I went and ate there. Taco Time, I think, might be Canadian, and they are superior vendors of Mexican-ish food in every way.  Taco Del Mar was here for a year or so, and was adequate.  There are quite a few smaller burrito chains around here that are pretty gosh darned good.

Whether any of them are even remotely genuine Mexican is certainly up for debate.

Knurled.
1/16/20 4:57 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
Knurled. said:

I turned 30 a lot ago, and went to Taco Bell a few days ago (the morning after Saturday) for a breakfast extravaganza.  So yes.

To be fair, I go to Taco Bell about two or three times a year.

Knurled.
1/16/20 4:59 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

We didn't have Taco Bell here until about a year ago.  I was shocked by the buzz, especially after I went and ate there. Taco Time, I think, might be Canadian, and they are superior vendors of Mexican-ish food in every way.  Taco Del Mar was here for a year or so, and was adequate.  There are quite a few smaller burrito chains around here that are pretty gosh darned good.

Whether any of them are even remotely genuine Mexican is certainly up for debate.

It is bland, easily held carbs and protein to shove in your face, really.  The fire sauce helps add some flavor.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/16/20 6:19 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Streetwiseguy said:

It is bland, easily held carbs and protein to shove in your face, really.  The fire sauce helps add some flavor.

I usually put one packet of Hot and one of Fire on everything. If I want good Mexican/Tex-Mex food, I go to one of the places the Mexican owner of the studio the Dancer teaches at likes to go to after shows. If I want something quick, cheap, and filling- Taco Bell fits the bill perfectly.

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
1/16/20 9:46 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Down here, if you want good Mexican food, you go find a taco truck. When I was stationed in So Cal, I was a fan of Del Taco for their forearm-sized breakfast burritos...

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/20 7:07 p.m.

I have synced my personal phone with a coworker's Bluetooth speaker.  Every so often I call him from my work phone from just through the wall from his speaker and when he picks up I blast the muppets Muh ha ma na song from my phone through his speaker.  He can't get it to stop unless he gets up and turns the speaker off.  It's much funnier than I ever imagined.  

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
1/17/20 9:56 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Harmless, but hilarious. I like it!

Maintenance shop shenanigans are not nearly as friendly... A coworker superglued my locker shut. The next day he suffered a dollop of antiseize on the sweat band of his hard hat... 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/17/20 10:55 p.m.

I had too order clothes for the new job because I didn't own a single polo shirt and no one in town had any in stock. I already miss the provided blue uniforms 

Knurled.
1/18/20 6:47 a.m.
dropstep said:

I had too order clothes for the new job because I didn't own a single polo shirt and no one in town had any in stock. I already miss the provided blue uniforms 

The worst part about changing jobs was that I don't own any pants.  I somehow have two pajama bottoms.  I have an ancient wrong-size RCI SFI-rated driver's suit bottom that was $20 at Summit's scratch and dent bin that I used to wear as pajamas until the elastic wore out.  I might have some old jeans that are too tattered to wear, and I have a suit that I doubt I fit in anymore because I have gained about 45 pounds since the time I was fitted for it twelve years ago.

I got by from some pants that Cintas said they were just going to throw away after we had a company-wide resizing a few years back so I grabbed a few.  So, I have company-supplied uniform pants, and some ex-company supplied uniform pants.  For a month or so until I got official company uniforms at the new job, I was doing laundry every other day.

1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2pmhYC6BEhrEUttu6rqKS3cOj7uGU6tC2BlCZgWBvC6WtSCPfS3Mmlgtv5oGU3RL