1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 ... 441
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/20 8:02 a.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

I have to walk a fine line to avoid an over enthusiastic HR dept.

wae
wae UltraDork
1/18/20 8:09 a.m.
Knurled. said:
Streetwiseguy said:

We didn't have Taco Bell here until about a year ago.  I was shocked by the buzz, especially after I went and ate there. Taco Time, I think, might be Canadian, and they are superior vendors of Mexican-ish food in every way.  Taco Del Mar was here for a year or so, and was adequate.  There are quite a few smaller burrito chains around here that are pretty gosh darned good.

Whether any of them are even remotely genuine Mexican is certainly up for debate.

It is bland, easily held carbs and protein to shove in your face, really.  The fire sauce helps add some flavor.

The Diablo sauce is where it's at!

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/18/20 9:03 a.m.

I have signed up for rallycross school that the local region is putting on. Since I wont have a car till after the 1st event anyway.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
1/20/20 10:26 a.m.

We have two big jobs going on right now. 
one is on Harrison street. The other is for the local Ford dealer. 
I text boss man this morning

"Harrison or Ford?"

confession: I didn't get the joke for an hour. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
1/20/20 11:13 a.m.

I hadn't spent money on the Miata in a couple months. I changed that yesterday.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/20/20 11:34 a.m.

Confession:

In the last month or so I've spent almost 30 hours playing a video game called Stardew Valley, which is basically an updated and more complex recreation of the old Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing.  And yes, it's just about as gentle and slow-paced as it sounds.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/20/20 12:39 p.m.

I have a work yeti. It has a straw lid. I use it to make single serve Crystal light drink in it. Today, some berkeleyin idiots kid (Brazilian tourists. If you know, you know) took a drink out of my cup. Lips on the straw and all. 

Confession part? Jokes on her. I hadn't cleaned that thing in weeks. Especially the straw. Have fun with whatever stomach bug you get, moron. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/20/20 5:26 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

At least the kid didn't drink your whiskey stash. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/20/20 5:58 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

A few years ago while giving a lecture, one of my participants who was many pay-grades above me accidentally took a drink from my soda.

The individual (who was known for having no sense of humor) realized what he had done and interrupted the session to apologize and I said “don’t worry, that weird thing on my lip has almost completely cleared up”…the class absolutely lost their E36 M3 laughing.

Anyway, if she’s still around, paint a massive cold sore on your lip and go say hello to her.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/20/20 6:11 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I can see it now, dozen yeti cups full of instalax will be sitting permanently around the store from here out

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/21/20 7:25 a.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

She was gone before I could say anything to her parents, or even better , cough on them. 

Stampie- whiskey stash is in the back office. She didn't get there. 

Rico- I think you're on to something. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/21/20 7:38 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I love hearing about your job. Its like real life clerks! Im not sure if youre Randle or dante though....

Maybe jay!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/21/20 8:20 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I have toyed with the idea of a takes from the shop esque blog or something, but every time I sit down to write it, I get distract or my brain derps off and starts thinking about circus animals or some E36 M3. Giraffes are pretty cool after all. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/21/20 9:59 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Get a mini "tape" recorder. Talking is easier and quicker than writing. Write it out later. So what if occasionally you look like you're talking to yourself, they think you are insane anyway.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/21/20 10:19 a.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I have toyed with the idea of a takes from the shop esque blog or something, but every time I sit down to write it, I get distract or my brain derps off and starts thinking about circus animals or some E36 M3. Giraffes are pretty cool after all. 

If you ever do go down that path, Acts Of Gord is a pretty good role model.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/21/20 10:53 a.m.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
1/21/20 11:18 a.m.

I've been rebuilding our (my) basement bathroom since last August.

Not a remodel, a rebuild, walls came down, concrete came up, the adjacent laundry room ended up getting re-plumbed, half the basement ended up getting rewired, and a slop sink got installed in the garage, all by yours truly.

It's getting close.

I took a wallpaper sample from the adjoining family room with me to pick out a paint color Sunday.

I spent 30 minutes looking at samples.

Then I realized I was looking at the back side of the wallpaper.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/20 11:43 a.m.

We went to the dog park today even though it’s only 23 degrees out, mostly because I wanted to go for a ride in the dog’s car now that it’s fixed. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
1/21/20 12:03 p.m.

I just ordered a laser temp gun from Amazon that should be arriving today.

I'm actually kinda hoping there's no insulation behind the drywall in my garage, giving me a reason to tear it all down and put in some R30 after I fill cracks with a bunch of foam.

I'd even do some electrical work, but I have no idea how to do electrical work and I don't wanna die, but I'm also cheap so I don't wanna have to pay an electrician a bunch of money for a couple more outlets.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/21/20 12:08 p.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

I hung lights and receptacle boxes all over my garage and ran the conduit (code) and all sparks had to do was pull wires and make it all work.  

My guy was okay with it and was kinda glad to save time. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
1/21/20 12:57 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Ooo...that I kinda wouldn't mind doing.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/21/20 1:03 p.m.

The post-Christmas litterbox cleanout is always the most festive. Folks who have cats will understand.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/20 1:23 p.m.
FuzzWuzzy said:

I just ordered a laser temp gun from Amazon that should be arriving today.

I'm actually kinda hoping there's no insulation behind the drywall in my garage, giving me a reason to tear it all down and put in some R30 after I fill cracks with a bunch of foam.

I'd even do some electrical work, but I have no idea how to do electrical work and I don't wanna die, but I'm also cheap so I don't wanna have to pay an electrician a bunch of money for a couple more outlets.

I have a ton of outlets in my garage. If I had the opportunity to add more outlets to my garage, I would add more outlets to my garage.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/21/20 1:32 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

Tinsel gets in the weirdest places. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
1/22/20 8:43 a.m.

I skipped the gym this morning to put up the door sealer on three doors this morning; the garage entrance, the water heater/furnace room, and the creepy ass crawl space under the stairs that I've never gone in to.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also got the the temp gun and started messing around with it. Honestly not sure how to determine whether or not I have insulation behind the drywall. The garage is fairly cold, around 50 or so, when it's 30ish outside. If I googled right, the garage doors are insulated, yet they were showing around 40. The ceiling was showing 70, but at least half of it has a vent, so that could've been the cause. Half the wall on the outside walls is concrete, w/  drywall on the other half; not sure how I'll get to insulate those, either.

Either way, I'm for some reason excited because I'll still end up removing some drywall and replacing/adding on to, whatever insulation is currently behind them. But I'm cheap, so I'll dry to re-use as much of the dry wall as I can. I have enough tape and spackle to make it happen.

1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7LrfamZHIO64pqHZFBzKqFIOcC3xf6gv4NJVCt068WXC35aUbf4DI8HVaIrvy4vm