1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 ... 441
mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/29/20 3:04 p.m.
Stampie said:
Stampie said:

Sometimes I raid Lil Stampie's lunch potato chips for the flavors I like. That means I have to send him to school with the not so desirable flavors. I don't feel guilty because hey I'm the one here earning money and buying them in the first place. 

I've been good and saved him his favorite chips this week.  I'm now out of all my favorites and his are just sitting there.  Day 3 being locked in the house and I'm going into Doritos' withdrawal.  I'm think I'm going to eat ice cream for dinner just to remove the temptation.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/20 3:07 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I'm bored today so I might end up watching "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World". 

Again.  

Maybe this should be on the First World Problems thread?

Good choice. That's a great movie. Lots of cool cars. Plus it's pretty long, so it should kill some time. The Right Stuff is another good choice.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/20 3:16 p.m.
RevRico said:

I wish I knew how to leverage these record low oil prices into future profits.

wae
wae UltraDork
3/29/20 3:54 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I'm bored today so I might end up watching "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World". 

Again.  

Maybe this should be on the First World Problems thread?

I just discovered that it was on Prime and watched it this morning!!  I remember that movie being on all the time on broadcast TV when I was a kid and I still enjoy it.

Do it quick, though, apparently it leaves Prime on the 31st.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/20 9:08 p.m.

My daughter lives out of state and is moving from one place to another this weekend. I decided to send her a little care package in a medium Flat Rate box. It's sort of a half serious Corona survival kit with some cans of soup, a roll of toilet paper, a pair of gloves, a couple of masks, and a box of mac 'n' cheese.

There was some empty space in the box, so I decided to turn it into a GRM New Year's Game  type box, complete with regifted items, including a Harbor Freight flashlight, a Swiss Army knife, some bottle openers, a Datsun spark plug, a Gopher Target, some old maps of Australia, a Hot Wheels Chevelle and a bunch of racing stickers.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
3/29/20 11:23 p.m.

I'm 40 years old and I just did my first set of drum brakes:

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
3/29/20 11:25 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD :

I did my first last year, took 3 days and I almost lost an eye. I haven't done one since. Have parts to rear disc swap one of my cars and have been looking into disc conversions for the other drum brake car. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/29/20 11:30 p.m.
JamesMcD said:

I'm 40 years old and I just did my first set of drum brakes:

Oh, looks like fronts too.  Fun stuff!

Take both drums off.  Take picture of 1 side.  Tear apart the other and stare at pic to put it back together.  Repeat for other side.

Wear safety glasses!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/30/20 2:40 a.m.

I can't remember the last time I've high fived someone older than 6. I little bit of me has died.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/30/20 9:25 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Yeah, Rule 1 of drum brakes is NEVER disassemble both sides at the same time.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/30/20 9:27 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Yeah, Rule 1 of drum brakes is NEVER disassemble both sides at the same time.

The world needs this to be a SAY WHAT?!?!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/30/20 9:29 a.m.

Im sitting on a teleconference polishing my valve covers. 

AngryCorvair
3/30/20 9:31 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

not to be a story-topper, but i took a webmeeting from my E36 M3ter this morning.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/30/20 9:51 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Oh yeah?  I was on the E36 M3ter when we were texting the other day and I didn't wash my hands before touching my phone.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/30/20 9:58 a.m.

I bought a ratty 2004 Honda Helix back in September(?) for $350 with the intentions of getting it running and making it nice-ish. I got it home and started disassembling the body to start troubleshooting on why it doesn't run. I bought some new parts, namely an intake manifold, cold start valve, spark plug and fuel filter.

And that is the last time I touched it. All the new parts are still in the bags. I need to figure out what I am going to do with it; either work on it or get rid of it.

I am terrible about being all hyped up for a fun project and then letting it sit for months with no progress. Then I lose interest. Then I sell it for pennies. Rinse and repeat sad.

AngryCorvair
3/30/20 10:00 a.m.
Stampie said:

Oh yeah?  I was on the E36 M3ter when we were texting the other day and I didn't wash my hands before touching my phone.

i can't imagine what "phone" is a filter word for, but i'm about halfway to bonertown just because it's you.

Stampie
3/30/20 10:47 a.m.

I give you permission to think about me during your special moments.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/30/20 1:17 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Is that what the kids are calling it these days.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/30/20 1:23 p.m.
Duke said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Is that what the kids are calling it these days.

I built an rc car from Japanese instructions on the clock while wfh years ago. 

Stampie
3/30/20 5:52 p.m.

I just put new speakers in the 99 Silverado.  They've been sitting brand new in the box on the dash of said truck for at least 4 years.  That's confession one.  Confession two is I forgot to lube the door locks which have been sticky for just as long.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/30/20 7:20 p.m.

I hate overcooked meat. Pork chops, chicken, steak, burgers, fish, whatever. If you overcook the protein, get the berkeley out. 

Except...sausage type meat. Hot dogs, spam, etc. Cook those things to DEATH. Burn em. I want the skin cracked and crunchy and split to the point it's like eating a deep fried slim Jim. I can sometimes make the exception for bacon too. I had some deeply crispy (the edges were black) thick cut bacon a few night ago, and let me tell you, the crispy little blackened ends were otherworldly m 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
3/30/20 7:29 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I hate overcooked meat. Pork chops, chicken, steak, burgers, fish, whatever. If you overcook the protein, get the berkeley out. 

Except...sausage type meat. Hot dogs, spam, etc. Cook those things to DEATH. Burn em. I want the skin cracked and crunchy and split to the point it's like eating a deep fried slim Jim. I can sometimes make the exception for bacon too. I had some deeply crispy (the edges were black) thick cut bacon a few night ago, and let me tell you, the crispy little blackened ends were otherworldly m 

Great, now I'm thinking of GD Ritzy's and Freddie's steakburgers.  Really thin, with crispy edges.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/30/20 7:58 p.m.

I didn't realize I had cut the tip of my finger until I got carb cleaner on it, at which point the laceration made itself known.

I still don't know how I cut my finger, though.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/30/20 9:54 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Ritzys recently reopened in Columbus and I've fallen in love. Usually I'm a medium burger guy but dang those are good. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
3/31/20 6:43 a.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to eastsideTim :

Ritzys recently reopened in Columbus and I've fallen in love. Usually I'm a medium burger guy but dang those are good. 

Looks like I'm headed to Columbus when the shelter in place is over.  The closest one to me before was in Huntington, WV.

1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gIrPkHyrU651Na3rIAwqJXqOnXzxEXE8zeeQV9oyHDjHj2xa30e7N1T6LKdg915u