1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 ... 441
eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
6/22/20 11:55 a.m.
Duke said:

The other would be Ice Blue from the MINI line.  I think a Miata in this color would be seriously hot with black overfenders and bronze wheels:

I think that'd look good on a ND Miata, not so sure about any other generation.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/22/20 1:09 p.m.

Neons had the goodest colors.  Daisy yellow is a darn good modern interpretation of Corvette yellow, chosen because it could be mixed either as a single stage, or a base clear, just in case I go nuts and want a high end paint job.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/22/20 2:19 p.m.

I don't get bronze wheels.  The reason we held off on getting new wheels for Gary the Jeep is that the Method wheels we liked only came in bronze and matte black. Why can't wheels come in a silver, or even better a plain aluminum finish anymore?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/22/20 3:10 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I like some bronze wheels a lot and others I can't stand.  It depends on the specific shade of bronze, and on the color of the vehicle.  It shouldn't be bright or too dark.

The Manic Miata is Montego Blue, which is a kind of dark metallic teal color, kind of blue-green.  It looks OK with graphite or silver wheels, but bronze is warmer, and would complement the slightly greenish blue.

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
6/22/20 6:35 p.m.

The bronze was literally 2 dollars a wheel cheaper. And I liked bronze more than black. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/22/20 6:49 p.m.

Bronze looks good on dark cars if you don't care for silver. And is an alternative to black wheels,  which as we all know, on a black car, look like ass. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/22/20 8:24 p.m.

Yes...I did just order one of these for my truck.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
6/22/20 8:33 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Ooh, one of those would cover the tears in the Impala’s driver’s seat, and seems like it’d be perfectly appropriate for a GM B-body.  

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/24/20 9:46 a.m.

I ordered a Diablosport tuner and ECU swap package for my truck on Friday. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. I've been impatiently checking the shipping progress every night before bed and every morning when I wake up.

Like a kid at Christmas.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
6/24/20 9:53 a.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

I ordered a Diablosport tuner and ECU swap package for my truck on Friday. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. I've been impatiently checking the shipping progress every night before bed and every morning when I wake up.

Like a kid at Christmas.

I had Wilwoods for my Miata shipped to my work, so they wouldn't be sitting out on the doorstep all day. I was pestering the parts department if FedEx brought me any goodies all week.

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/24/20 10:04 a.m.

I'm not clicking on the "PSA: be extra careful with cutting wheels" thread 'cause I bet there is blood and guts.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
6/24/20 10:21 a.m.
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm not clicking on the "PSA: be extra careful with cutting wheels" thread 'cause I bet there is blood and guts.

I almost didn't because I had flashbacks to the photo of the guy taking a selfie with half a disc embedded in his jaw. But, there is nothing gruesome and gorey. Just a GRM'er on a stretcher with a big bandage around his thigh.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/24/20 11:30 a.m.

I don't understand people who worry about resale value when buying new vehicles.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/24/20 1:18 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Many 'normal' people don't buy vehicles with the intention of driving them until it's physically impossible to safely keep them on the road.. yeah, it's weird to me (and thankfully, for the most part, The Dancer as well). Though paying attention to resale value isn't wholly without its uses- the better a vehicle holds its value, in theory the better the chances there are of good (non-used) parts availability...

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
6/24/20 1:23 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

In reply to RevRico :

Many 'normal' people don't buy vehicles with the intention of driving them until it's physically impossible to safely keep them on the road.. 

I don't buy them until they are physically impossible to keep on the road, lol. That $500 Jeep ZJ I had was a throughly wretched machine that I somehow kept alive for 4 years as a shambling reanimated corpse.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/24/20 4:50 p.m.
RevRico said:

I don't understand people who worry about resale value when buying new vehicles.

Solve the problem by never selling your vehicles.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/24/20 4:52 p.m.
Appleseed said:
RevRico said:

Solve the problem by never selling your vehicles.

I just buy the rejects no one else wants. Can't sell it if no one buys it. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/24/20 5:52 p.m.
RevRico said:

I ordered a new S10 Blazer with manual mirrors that was probably a bad decision and the dealer sales guy pounded on me that it would hurt resale.    

So when I sell it on 12 years I'll get more than $1200 cause of electric mirrors?

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
6/26/20 5:15 a.m.

So I've had a perfectly good laptop sitting on a table collecting dust for like 4 years now thinking it was broken. For some random reason I plugged it up and tried turning it on.

Yeah it's fine. Functioning perfectly as designed. I have no clue why I thought it was broken this whole time.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/28/20 3:09 p.m.

I'm beginning to agree more and more with the Rick Sanchez nilistic attitude toward life. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
6/29/20 9:44 a.m.

When I out the new coilovers on the Miata, I set the ride height at "reasonable" but was never a fan of how it looked. This weekend I set the ride height back to "Hotboi Spec." Much happier. 22.5" from the ground to the top of the wheel well, just barely tucking the tops of 245-width tires in the stock fenders.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/29/20 11:22 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C (Forum Supporter) :

That would worry me. A hard drive that was behaving badly and decides to pick up the habit again can be really... inconvenient.

I guess backing up more frequently is a decent hedge, though.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/30/20 5:54 p.m.

I guess I've been sad/stressed/anxious lately and it seems that spending money makes me feel better.

ECU swap and custom PCM/TCM tune made the truck drive 1000% better. Like HOLY BERK better.

Now I want to concentrate on the terrible stock suspension. I already have Hellwig sway bars front and rear. A lowering kit is in the plans along with better shocks.

I found a complete set of rear control arms that I have had my eye on for $50 less than anybody else had them with free shipping.

Can't be sad if you buy gifts for yourself everyday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/30/20 8:40 p.m.

I keep seeing stuff I want to buy but Covid restrictions are preventing me from going to get cool stuff.  I think I'm going to revert back to my old rent storage nearby and have a tow truck pick it up for me.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/30/20 9:19 p.m.

Swmbo's daughter has been at her grandparents for a couple weeks, learning to drive since apparently no one here can teach her. She called today to say that her aunt on her dad's side is likely to pop hot for covid. Which means I'm not gonna have this kid in my house for another month. I am not sad. 

1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F03rmWcdl6cdnqsXC9pduWDYQL61HsbttreVirmluKsELGPWodq5RsvyuF7e5IwB