1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 ... 441
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/6/20 5:33 p.m.
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) said:
NickD said:

I don't buy them until they are physically impossible to keep on the road, lol. That $500 Jeep ZJ I had was a throughly wretched machine that I somehow kept alive for 4 years as a shambling reanimated corpse.

*that* should make the magazine...

Rule #1 of say what- if you say it should be in say what, it is never going to be in say what. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/7/20 3:58 a.m.

I've been researching '52-55 Lincolns, and watching Iron Trap Garage

{pause} strike that, reverse it.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/7/20 8:58 a.m.

Either I am extremely cynical, or the canoes are getting more buoyant. I can't really tell which.

I suppose the confession part is where I'm probably going a little nuts being stuck inside all the time. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/7/20 11:38 a.m.

Sometimes I ponder hard questions like if a widow loses her husband at a young age and then remarries.  If they all go to heaven do they live together in polygamy or does the first husband lose out because of the death till you part rule?

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/7/20 11:47 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Sometimes I ponder hard questions like if a widow loses her husband at a young age and then remarries.  If they all go to heaven do they live together in polygamy or does the first husband lose out because of the death till you part rule?

Or are there separate heavens for each person? An infinite number of parallel universes?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/7/20 8:45 p.m.

I confess that after watching 2-1/2 seasons of the Rockford Files recently that I realized there would've been less beatings, fewer random people showing up, and minimum weirdos scoping him out if his trailer wasn't so visible in some Los Angeles public beach parking lot. 

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/7/20 9:18 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Wouldn't the "death 'till you part rule" applies to all three of them?  If you are curious, I can point you to your question and how it was answered, but heaven and afterlife fall under religion so I won't post here.  I only mention that because I thought you might find the coincidence of questions amusing.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/7/20 9:36 p.m.

Suppose that the marriage had run its course and they viewed death as the fulfillment of their obligation. Should you be subject to an afterlife of regret and unhappiness simply because you kept your word the first time around?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/8/20 2:07 a.m.

At least 3-5 times a week I convince myself not to just up and quit my job.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
7/8/20 3:51 a.m.

It's almost 5 AM and I'm still awake because I was too invested in reading stuff on the internet to go to bed.

Why do I do this to myself?

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/8/20 10:42 a.m.

I thought of calling in today because my dog looked sad.  I kinda wish I did. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
7/8/20 2:50 p.m.

The Miata has Konig Dial-Ins on it. There's nothing wrong with them, no damage, they aren't hideous, I just don't love them. I purchased them because they were on sale and available in 15x9s. But those new Countergrams from Konig, ooooh. I definitely have feelings for those. But I can't justify buying new wheels to replace ones that aren't even 2 years old simply because they look better.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/8/20 2:55 p.m.
NickD said:

The Miata has Konig Dial-Ins on it. There's nothing wrong with them, no damage, they aren't hideous, I just don't love them. I purchased them because they were on sale and available in 15x9s. But those new Countergrams from Konig, ooooh. I definitely have feelings for those. But I can't justify buying new wheels to replace ones that aren't even 2 years old simply because they look better.

I'm kind of in exactly the same situation.

Konig Dial-ins look better than Avanti Storms in pictures.  In reality, the opposite is true.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
7/8/20 2:59 p.m.
Duke said:
NickD said:

I'm kind of in exactly the same situation.

Konig Dial-ins look better than Avanti Storms in pictures.  In reality, the opposite is true.

As an owner of both, yes. The Dial-Ins aren't ugly, but they just look weak. They were a compromise at the time: I really wanted the Dekagrams (they were more expensive) or the Freeforms (they didn't have 15" sizes at the time). Its hard to get a photo angle of them where they look good, I've noticed. The good thing is, I got them in black, so you can't really see them at all most of the time. Those Countergrams in the silver spokes with polished lip are sweet though.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/8/20 3:24 p.m.

All hail Advanti Storm S2

No matter how old i am,  or how happily married i am, my attention is always drawn to boobs.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/9/20 5:45 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

No matter how old i am,  or how happily married i am, my attention is always drawn to boobs.

Ron White, talking about strippers, said something like, "Ya know, once you've seen one pair of boobs,....you wanna see them all."

Truth. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/9/20 6:14 p.m.

I am a young man stuck in an an old body that's slowly falling apart.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
7/9/20 9:50 p.m.

Can't decide which of these bad ideas I like better:

1. VW chassis pan, Cobra body, some kind of V6 stuffed in the back.

2. Model T or A or '32 Ford chassis, Cobra body, flathead V8 in the front.

Before you ask, yes, I *do* have a lot of random model car parts in the stash that I can't decide what to do with.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/20 9:56 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I am a young man stuck in an an old body that's slowly falling apart.

I firmly believe that every man feels like he is 17 forever.

That is why hair loss treatments and boner pills are such huge moneymakers - that's generally the first indication for a man that 17 was thirty years ago, and the realization hits like a ton of bricks made out of existential dread and denial.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
7/10/20 5:31 p.m.

I just purchased two more bicycles I didn't need because I didn't want them too get scrapped. For all I know there 80s clones and worthless but I couldn't stop myself 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/10/20 6:01 p.m.
Appleseed said:

At least 300-500 times a week I convince myself not to just up and quit my job.

Fixed it for you and me. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/10/20 6:32 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Troof. The graph has gone exponential lately.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/10/20 7:26 p.m.

I've been out of work due to doctors orders since may. I'm really berkeleyin bored, because no lift, no carry, no fun. I would be tempted to violate those orders and go back to work in light capacriy- except for one thing. One of the...senior staff likes to smoke the worst berkeleyin cigs on earth and smells like a dumpster fire all the time. I don't wanna smell him. 

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
7/10/20 9:00 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I was out a few years ago on a no lift, no carry and no push/ pull order. Company would not let me come back to work until I had been fully released because it was not a work related incident. I had just bought new golf clubs, lived on a small lake, had tons of free time, but I unable to enjoy sny of it because of dr's orders. It was a long and boring couple of months. I feel for you.

1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k76oKcJhJb35xbrW76qaz2kOZDeKI1ymJZ5Sg0RJFLye2BiLJJcBf4GtHs29FMEQ