1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 ... 441
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/21/20 9:34 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Instead of worrying about someone's opinion of me, I need to start asking myself why do I give a berkeley? 

Good advice.  Someone's opinion of you should never be worth more than your opinion of them makes it worth.

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 New Reader
7/23/20 3:15 p.m.

i love the environment so much i cover my truck in it.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/20 4:34 p.m.

About once a week I'll start doing some random mental build and by the time I get everything planned out in my mind I realize I already own that project.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/20 9:41 p.m.

My motto's always been: "When it's right, it's right".

Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night?

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/25/20 10:47 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Instead of worrying about someone's opinion of me, I need to start asking myself why do I give a berkeley? 

It's a good thing to think on.

I'll add to it: doing so just gives random people power, why would you want to put yourself at a constant disadvantage?

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/20 2:02 p.m.

A coworker helped my sync my phones to the Jeep and downloaded Tinder on my phone while he was doing it.  He felt it would be good for because I spend so much time alone. I have no interest in meeting these people but it sure makes for some entertaining reading. Who knew there were so many adventurous Rhodes scholars out there when I've  met maybe two in real life.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
7/27/20 2:05 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

A coworker helped my sync my phones to the Jeep and downloaded Tinder on my phone while he was doing it.  He felt it would be good for because I spend so much time alone. I have no interest in meeting these people but it sure makes for some entertaining reading. Who knew there were so many adventurous Rhodes scholars out there when I've  met maybe two in real life.

My favorite Tinder profile that I saw read "Only interested in guys who are interested in exorcisms. Last photo is of of me getting an exorcism in Mexico."

Minor confession: I have three dating apps on my phone and still have been single for two years now (and before that 1 year interlude, it was 7 years!) and have only gone on one date.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/27/20 2:11 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I never set up a profile and just found out it apparently took one of my photos from Facebook. Seeing as I'm posed as the President of a major airline I'm sure women (and some men, I'm not sure what settings are there) will be knocking down my proverbial door any minute.

Point and laugh kids, point and laugh.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
7/27/20 2:12 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Damn, maybe that's where I've been going wrong.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/27/20 2:34 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
Appleseed said:

It's a good thing to think on.

I'll add to it: doing so just gives random people power, why would you want to put yourself at a constant disadvantage?

But what if they are right?  As long as you explore yourself and your motivations and find them ok...Sure.  I'm not always completely aware of what a knob I can be, though.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/20 2:51 p.m.

I have ZERO motovation today.. . .  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/27/20 3:53 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

There ARE certain people who's opinion I do value. There are many who I do not. Those are the ones I need to question why I care.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/27/20 3:54 p.m.

Super Connies always bring the girls to the yard.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/27/20 3:56 p.m.

There's a similarity between buses and planes.  Hauling people around.  

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
7/27/20 4:54 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Connies are quite possibly the most beautiful aircraft ever built...

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/27/20 6:06 p.m.

I wonder if I need to change my signature since it's been a while and I'm still not very good at following Dusternd13's advice.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
7/27/20 6:29 p.m.

One of my trees had some branches about 10-12 ft up infested with bagworms.  I just duct taped a propane torch to a stick to burn them off.  It worked.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/28/20 8:27 a.m.

im tired of working on cars. Time to play with woodworking for a minute. And enjoy the cars that are finished. 

I should feel bad about this. Kicked out of the shop to work on the lathe. Kicked off the driveway to work on the boat. Sitting in the grass slowly getting overgrown. I bet the battery is even dead.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/28/20 10:48 a.m.
Recon1342 said:
Appleseed said:

Connies are quite possibly the most beautiful aircraft ever built...

Beautiful, yes, but I'm going with the Mosquito for Most Beautiful. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/29/20 9:40 a.m.

They make a neat bar too:

Tinder may not have been such a bad idea after all. I may have found a girl to walk Ollie while I'm at work. She even has her own collar and leashes. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
7/29/20 11:47 a.m.

I would be careful around any girl who comes with collars and leashes!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/29/20 12:00 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Or don't. Might be one hell of a ride. Safety word is: OKLAHOMA.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/29/20 12:24 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

They make a neat bar too:

Tinder may not have been such a bad idea after all. I may have found a girl to walk Ollie while I'm at work. She even has her own collar and leashes. 

She may not want to walk the dog....

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/29/20 7:55 p.m.

So a friend of mine keeps talking about building another drag car. Each time I reply with "I've got a 3rd gen roller I'll sell you cheap" and he always replies with a "No."

This has gone on for some time.

1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2bkdRii9QzS5tuxyucBcKyLQtquMXDSUgFsGdwfAlfl7ef4lK5JxvCr9tyyAFJoD