RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/4/20 4:42 p.m.
Appleseed said:
Streetwiseguy said:
Mndsm said:
RevRico said:

Getting real berkeleying sick of living the life I never wanted

Lemme tell ya, sometimes the one you want isn't that fun either. 

Life is hard, tragic and short.  Get used to it.  Enjoy the small moments of happiness, then get back to the struggle.

Not all of us will get to be the rock star or the racer driver. Someone has to be the janitor. 

And some of us will have it, then be forced to give it all up for the bullE36 M3 white picket fence.

Life as an outlaw was so much simpler than life as a family man.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/4/20 4:47 p.m.
RevRico said:
Appleseed said:
Streetwiseguy said:
Mndsm said:
RevRico said:

Getting real berkeleying sick of living the life I never wanted

Lemme tell ya, sometimes the one you want isn't that fun either. 

Life is hard, tragic and short.  Get used to it.  Enjoy the small moments of happiness, then get back to the struggle.

Not all of us will get to be the rock star or the racer driver. Someone has to be the janitor. 

And some of us will have it, then be forced to give it all up for the bullE36 M3 white picket fence.

Life as an outlaw was so much simpler than life as a family man.

Yup. Not that I ever had it, or gave it up, and not that I'd rather have it now than what I do have... But holy cow would my life be different if I weren't married, let alone have the kid. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
8/5/20 1:01 p.m.

It gets old too; I got into EMS because of my fear of a 9-5 "grind" I'd never experienced, and 2 years later I was doing 96 hours/week celebrating my 21st alone in one of the most hostile cities I've ever been in.

I'd never trade it for the world, but it really showed me the "average life" of the picket fence is only what you put into it. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/5/20 2:46 p.m.

The Miata is faster, more capable and more competitive than ever before and it isn't any worse to live with on the street than it was last year (which itself was an improvement from the year before). And I want to get rid of it.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
8/5/20 2:49 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I'll give you $5 for it. But you gotta bring it out here. And I expect a warranty. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/5/20 2:52 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

I know I'm going to lose my ass if I sell it, but I'd prefer not to lose it that bad. That's honestly what keeps me from selling it, knowing how badly I'm going to get hosed on it.If I did sell it, I would prefer that it goes far away though, so I don't have to see it again. I can afford to add a third car to the fleet and keep the Mazda, but I don't have room to store a third car. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/20 11:50 a.m.

I've been eating lunch at grocery stores for months now.  The highlight of my work day has become watching all the people that forget where they parked.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
8/6/20 12:07 p.m.

I used mustard as part of painting a new peice to fit on an old patina ridden bike frame. It was a tip from some guys on a forum and you wipe it off but man it makes painting smell bad

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/6/20 12:23 p.m.

I want an RX-8

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/20 4:17 p.m.

I'm in a very weird place. I started talking to someone who's in a similar situation and some times I feel so much better and sometimes I feel much worse. I've never believed in coincidences but wow this is odd.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/6/20 4:43 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm in a very weird place. I started talking to someone who's in a similar situation and some times I feel so much better and sometimes I feel much worse. I've never believed in coincidences but wow this is odd.

You've never been in this place before, so it may not be weird at all.

You will know in a couple of years...

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/6/20 8:21 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I've never been here before but I I've been in enough weird places to kinda recognize the feeling. This can go really well or not. It will likely be amusing either way. With any luck I'm a better person now.  If not I'll be sure everyone can enjoy the shows. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
8/6/20 9:04 p.m.

Plate of shrimp bud

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/7/20 1:57 a.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

Hahahaha I thought of that after I typed it. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/20 5:46 a.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

Well yeah.  Say you think of a plate of shrimp, pretty soon someone says "plate" or "shrimp" or "plate of shrimp"...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/7/20 8:40 a.m.

Berking Rodriguez brothers gypcrete dillhole punks!

Nvenero
Nvenero GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/7/20 8:57 a.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

One of my friends always says "You can't have part of someones life, you gotta take the whole thing." People always show their best Facebook life but rarely show the crap end of the stick.  Your life my suck, it may not. You gotta look at the whole thing to figure that out.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
8/7/20 11:51 a.m.

I'm gonna try to phrase this as the genuinely blessed state I'm in right now. I honestly live a wonderful life.

It's come to my attention now that at work I have hit the "We can NEVER fire them" stage and that kind of scares me. I know why this is; the manager who hired me (4 managers ago...) did so specifically because I have a certain chromosome and consider workplace drama to be something that happens to other people, but i've whole-assed told patients they were being annoying and difficult without complaint or problem from anyone. In fact, I've basically been Betty White to everyone for several years and my review just last week had my manager tell me to keep on keepin' on with another raise. Is it because my job just rocks so much? Do I just force E36 M3 to work? I don't know and I worry I'm overthinking it.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

And you know, the same goes on in my life all the time too, like there's some specific constants that always occur. For instance:

• Get a new job? Your first friend and partner is gonna be an older black woman. You're gonna Lethal Weapon it up, it's gonna happen.
  • Think hard about next college to go into. Tons of programs, but really only 2 choices in terms of cost. New nurse- a man- is chilling and we get to talking, and he brings up that he just got out of a local community college that has a great program that I was considering. He ended up being the final nail in that coffin.
  • At some point I've had tough moments in my life like anyone else. Unlike anyone else, for some reason a dude named "Terry" will appear- always a different guy- who will give some advice just in a passing convo that helps. It's happened at least 3 times since I was 19.
  • Specific recurring dreams when I've been too solitary from my friends OR feel "stuck" in life.

What the hell is my life

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/7/20 11:56 a.m.

I've had the office mostly to myself this week and it has been glorious.  Monday was a huge bucket of suck, but since then it's been great.  Not entirely productive, but great.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/7/20 12:19 p.m.
NickD said:

The Miata is faster, more capable and more competitive than ever before and it isn't any worse to live with on the street than it was last year (which itself was an improvement from the year before). And I want to get rid of it.

Last night's escapade of it stranding me on the side of the road really has me wanting to fix a few small niggling issues and then send this thing on to a new owner.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/7/20 12:23 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Trade you two cases of beer, a .38 snub, and $300?

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/7/20 12:26 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

I mean, that's a better offer than barefootskater. The .38 used in any crimes? 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/7/20 12:29 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

None that I know of! I bought it with all the paperwork. 

My confession,  as its kinda mandatory: im a way better shot with my 9mm, but the .38 is way more fun to shoot.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/7/20 12:42 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

My friend offered me his Abarth 500 in trade. In his words: "It's never stranded me out on the road, it just strands me at home."

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/7/20 5:52 p.m.

I managed to burn a cool looking circle on the back of my hand with the exhaust tip on a Honda generator. Hoping this doesn't scar because trying to think of a story for this one that's less dumb than how it actually happened is going to be tricky. The only other feasible excuse I can think of is cult initiation, which really isn't any better.

1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qzkWG7E0ytSlg6ZrIx7FXjEUtSngZARgEKz5r77klsLIwvJkDWinsOnn9Ch2rV6X