1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 ... 441
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/30/20 9:37 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

You should try a smoky martini.  Now that I think about it I think that'll cut down the sweetness of the Skrewball Peanut Butter whiskey perfectly.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/30/20 9:42 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

I'm trying hard to resist going back down the model railroad rabbit hole. 

Pretty sure I'm going to fail miserably.

Look at micro layouts.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
8/30/20 10:28 p.m.
Appleseed said:
Recon1342 said:

I'm trying hard to resist going back down the model railroad rabbit hole. 

Pretty sure I'm going to fail miserably.

Look at micro layouts.

Enabler...

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/30/20 11:21 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

You should try a smoky martini.  Now that I think about it I think that'll cut down the sweetness of the Skrewball Peanut Butter whiskey perfectly.  

Hmm....I do love islays and unlike sone don't mind mixing them, godfathers with Laphroaig are great

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/30/20 11:55 p.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

Duh?

Just ask Shawn G and Kazoospec.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/31/20 11:12 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to EvanB (Forum Supporter) :

What happens in Mndsm pants is his business only. Unless he feels like sharing with the class. 

That's just for my onlyfans 

Stampie (FS)
8/31/20 11:43 a.m.

I'm thinking about joining Facebook so that I can stalk out of state property owners and see if they'll sell cheap.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/31/20 4:02 p.m.

Somehow 4 techs arrived on shift this morning when we usually have 2. Due to our workcenter layout, we only have enough desks for 2 techs for each tier (1, 2, and 3). We literally had too many asses for seats. Boss comes to me and asks if I'd like to go home. Umm, yes! The only downside is that I had to take PTO but I have almost 200 hours that have been building due to not being able to take any time off because we are understaffed (or were?).

I left work and decided now would be a prime time to run errands since school restarted today. I hit up Walmart for some household essentials (TP, paper towels, beer) and then came home and decided to finish my laundry that I totally put off over my 3 day weekend that just ended.

By this point I was pretty hungry as it was about noon. So I decided to go have a big steak lunch at the Texas Roadhouse just up the street. I had to wait a couple of hours as they were not open yet but you can bet that I ate my weight in steak. It's been probably 8 months since I went out to eat. I ate $40 worth of food.

Treat yo self!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/31/20 4:53 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

I'm thinking about joining Facebook so that I can stalk out of state property owners and see if they'll sell cheap.

I don't recommend it. It's way too easy to buy stupid E36 M3. Facebook even recommends it for you. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/31/20 6:09 p.m.

The best part of operating a steam locomotive is getting to blow the whistle. Especially when it's a Reading 6-chime.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/31/20 6:17 p.m.

I just texted the boss and asked for another 12 hours of PTO. That will give me today, tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday off before working Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I haven't taken any time off in 9 months and I'm extremely burned out. It's starting to affect my mental health and sleep. I wish I could get out of the area for a few days and decompress.

Staycation and bourbon it is.

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
8/31/20 7:22 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

So much awesomeness.   I am wicked jealous!wink

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/31/20 7:57 p.m.

I confess I now know why these things are not Honda reliable.  

What idiot engineer designed the engine with a timing string?  Sheesh.  

Stampie (FS)
8/31/20 8:18 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Maybe it's really a time machine.

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/31/20 8:35 p.m.

I'm unreasonably happy to finally have an action shot of me driving one of my E36 M3boxes at event as my forum avatar.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/1/20 11:19 a.m.

The rabbit hole has gotten deeper since I last had model trains. I'm doomed; save yourselves...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/On30_gauge

As soon as the house is moved into and organized, I'm starting a garage layout...

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/1/20 6:43 p.m.

I saw one of those Maserati suv thingys today. I thought it was a Hyundai or something until I saw the unnecessarily gaudy badge on the nose.

Also related, I saw an Escape next to a Jag F-Pace and thought the Ford was better looking.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
9/1/20 6:47 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) :

Maybe the nose badge was necessarily gaudy so you'd realise it wasn't a Hyundai or something

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/1/20 7:00 p.m.

In reply to M2Pilot :

“Hey, we accidentally made a super boring looking car, should we fix it?”

”Nah, we’re late for lunch, just put a huge trident on it. People will assume it looks good when they see it’s Italian.”

cheeky

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/1/20 8:33 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) :

I sat in one of those. It was alarmingly uncomfortable

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/1/20 8:38 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

I saw one of those Maserati suv thingys today. I thought it was a Hyundai or something until I saw the unnecessarily gaudy badge on the nose.

Also related, I saw an Escape next to a Jag F-Pace and thought the Ford was better looking.

I thought I was looking at an Infiniti last time I saw one.

(That isn't a compliment)

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/1/20 9:06 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

*outrage in Q45*

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/1/20 9:09 p.m.

I am thinking of picking up a cheap beater to take to the challenge along with the Impala, just so I can have something to throw the nitrous kit onto if the Impala’s budget doesn’t allow for it.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
9/1/20 10:44 p.m.

The new Escape isn't a half bad looking vehicle.

I got an email from eBay giving me a $25 coupon for being a member for 20 years. Have I been on there that long? surprise 

Stampie (FS)
9/2/20 7:25 a.m.

I just looked up a set of $1092 tires for a possible $300 Challenge car.

1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4WabcS79kRPYo7auNkotPlVWLhckdoKwLF1tz2kJ3aYJtoUvYjWd1OsglwxIYiZi