Mndsm MegaDork
10/6/20 4:26 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

That's my entire life. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/6/20 5:14 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Same here. I'm apparently highly magnetic. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/20 9:09 p.m.

If Tire Rack sold Panasports, I’d have bought at least half a dozen sets by now. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
10/7/20 9:13 p.m.

I enjoy doing dishes...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/9/20 11:24 a.m.

My stint in the hospital has caused a seismic shift in my dietary needs. I need to lose weight. I've got some pinched nerve issues and a permanently broken foot (that's another long story) that when aggravated makes it extremely difficult to excercise. As a result I am more focused on what I eat than ever. Trying to find alternatives to the things I love sucks. Today I bought a mountain dew zero in an effort to try something less offensive than diet dew, which is akin to carbonated cow piss to me. 

It's pretty good all things considered. I'd drink another one. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/9/20 12:07 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

What's the difference? Like Diet Coke vs. Coke Zero? 

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
10/9/20 6:55 p.m.

As much as I've tried to make home made lo mein, it never tastes as good as the Chinese restaurant version.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/9/20 8:12 p.m.

So, I'm doing it-- dropping the fleet number from 4 to 3 by selling/trading the 2008 328xi and 2015 i3 Rex for a 2021 X3e.  November build, likely a December deliver.

I'm joining the mass of drivers of crossover vehicles where every manufacture makes one that looks almost exactly the same as one made by anyone else.

Still holding on to the i8 to stand out from the crowd on occasion-- like next weekend when I'll be at an HPDE at Road America smiley.

Had fair trade in offers on both vehicles from the folks I've done the deal with-- though the first dealer offered less than half of what I had in hand for quotes for both from CarMax.  I guess they didn't want them.  They were also only offering me $1500 of list for the 2020 loaner I'd been driving that had 2000 miles on it.  That car wasn't really configured the way I wanted it, and that deal certainly didn't approach anything near being compelling enough to settle-- so I guess they didn't really want to sell me that car either.

Fair deal on the price of the new vehicle from the folks I'm buying from-- and it comes with  $5800 federal tax credit.

Already have the 328xi sold to a former coworker for a good price over the offered trade-in.  Anyone interested in a 50000 mile 2015 i3 Rex that comes with a brand new set of mounted Hakkapeliitta snows?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/9/20 8:18 p.m.

My daughter works at a Thai restaurant and brings home a big free meal every night.  She is a rail and eats 1/3 and refrigerates it but it's too spicy for me and blows out my intestines.  

Free food not getting eaten annoys me but I can't eat it.  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/20 8:54 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Ask her to bring home some pineapple fried rice with chicken and cashews. No spicy. 

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
10/9/20 10:47 p.m.

Every once in a while I just search for random jobs as like a museum curator or something. I'm not qualified but I think I would enjoy working in like a hot rod museum or the Nascar hall of fame or something.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/9/20 11:31 p.m.

Today is the first day since the v8 swap was finished on the wagon that I put the nice wheels and tires on it instead of burnout rubber. Even my wife's confused 

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/10/20 1:13 a.m.

I'm sick of working on my own cars but I'm too cheap to pay someone else to do it. 

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
10/10/20 1:23 a.m.

In reply to cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) :

I never liked working on my stuff, I just like driving and nobody else is gonna do the work for me.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/10/20 7:30 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Mndsm :

What's the difference? Like Diet Coke vs. Coke Zero? 

Better. It seriously almost tastes like regular my dew, without that bullE36 M3 fake sugar aftertaste. If I had a regular dew next to it I'm sure I'd know the difference, but it stood pretty well on its own. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/10/20 7:57 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I'll definitely give it a shot. If they sold Baja Blast Zero out side of Taco Bell, I'd probably lose my mind.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
10/10/20 8:48 a.m.

Some Thai curry dishes are more on the mild side..

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/10/20 2:41 p.m.

I really, really wish we could talk about tiny little fishes on this board.

They need talking about.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/10/20 4:29 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

The problem is;

It's her dinner - one free dinner per shift so I want her to get what she wants.

She loves spicy.  The owner knows it and ratchets up the red pepper for her.  When she is feeling loving for her dad she gets mild and the cook makes it spicy. 

In the end I just call in my own order and buy my own food.   

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/10/20 6:39 p.m.

Sitting on the couch, the 9 year old saw me pull up GRM on the iPad.

”Whatcha doin dad? Gonna buy a race car?”

Lol. Smarty pants.

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/11/20 8:06 p.m.
Mndsm said:

My stint in the hospital has caused a seismic shift in my dietary needs. I need to lose weight. I've got some pinched nerve issues and a permanently broken foot (that's another long story) that when aggravated makes it extremely difficult to excercise. As a result I am more focused on what I eat than ever. Trying to find alternatives to the things I love sucks. Today I bought a mountain dew zero in an effort to try something less offensive than diet dew, which is akin to carbonated cow piss to me. 

Take a look at the Noom app - you can do 2 weeks free and it's worked for me. Down 65 pounds so far singe 6/2/20. YMMV of course. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/11/20 8:22 p.m.
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) said:
Mndsm said:

Take a look at the Noom app - you can do 2 weeks free and it's worked for me. Down 65 pounds so far singe 6/2/20. YMMV of course. 

Both swmbo and I have looked at that, and we have not tried. Might have to  

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/20 2:49 p.m.

The last two hours of my work today is watching webinars that while related to my job really have no bearing on it.  I'm doing it at home.  I'm tempted to pour a drink.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/12/20 4:10 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

The last two hours of my work today is watching webinars that while related to my job really have no bearing on it.  I'm doing it at home.  I'm tempted to pour a drink.

I would have already done it. Granted my last couple jobs have had extremely loose alcohol rules- I have been actively intoxicated on the clock at at least two of them. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/20 4:12 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

18 years ago I used to do shots with my sup in the middle of the day.  Today I was 50/50 on them showing up and spot checking me before I was off the clock.

1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EQo8BnuDnoMDVNl2ZhvwY7VwvRCRFzOfUrQ4UkcSc71TLHuxjvIuOe5AuIlyHVyk