1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 ... 441
NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/21/20 9:30 a.m.

There is a property rental management company that has a service contract with our dealership for their vehicles. They're very pushy and irritating. No matter how busy we are, whether they have an appointment or not, we are supposed to drop everything any time they need one of their vehicles serviced and get them in ASAP. They also take horrendous care of their vehicles (they had a Malibu that popped the engine at 85k miles because it'd had 4 oil changes in its life). So anytime I get one of their cars, I tend to wring their neck until they squeal, and I get a certain delight out of it.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
10/21/20 9:35 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Be double glad you don't live in a property they manage! 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
10/21/20 9:55 a.m.
Duke said:
Dead_Sled said:

I probably shouldn't have had that last beer, or the one before that.  

Emails have been sent.  Tomorrow might suck.

Well...?

Seems it's too hard to take more pictures, and while it sounds like it runs and drives well, the interior in the rear was hacked by the PO to add a bench seat.  The owner also refused to answer if the windshield is cracked, so I assume it is.

While I didn't tell her I want to bid on it, swmbo didn't tell me I can't buy it so I think I have the green light. 

Auction ends in just over an hour and a second bidder has joined in but the price is still low.

My confession today is I secretly hope it jumps in price before the end of the auction, because I'm pretty sure I won't be able to keep myself from bidding, even tho I don't need it and don't really need to travel to go pick it up.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/20 10:07 a.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Sweet auction description frown

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
10/21/20 10:36 a.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

There's a lot of red flags, but what do you expect from the kind of guy who drives around in a hearse.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
10/21/20 11:12 a.m.

I didn't buy it.  I think that's a good thing but it was tough not to hit that button.

Went for less than I expected.  Hopefully the winner pays so it doesn't get relisted (that's how I ended up with the first hearse).

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/23/20 7:59 a.m.

I really want a Sunburst Yellow Miata lately. No clue why or what I would do with it. I just want one.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/20 7:18 p.m.

Not saying that I’ve ever done this [tonight, several times], but the next time you’re eating a giant spoonful of peanut butter, you should probably jam a handful of M&Ms into it first. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/20 7:46 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I used to dump a bag of chocolate chips into a jar of peanut butter for snacks, or make a sandwich with two almond Hershey bars.  You don't get a body like this without a bit of work. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/20 5:24 p.m.

I'm sure I just hit some government watch list.  Within 30 minutes I booked a one way car rental from Jacksonville to Orlando and then booked for two weeks later a one way flight from Cleveland to Jacksonville.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/20 5:29 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

I'm sure I just hit some government watch list.  Within 30 minutes I booked a one way car rental from Jacksonville to Orlando and then booked for two weeks later a one way flight from Cleveland to Jacksonville.

Is this one of those things where I'm being sold a car but I haven't been made aware of it yet?

I mean, that IS how I got at least two of my cars.

Stampie (FS)
10/26/20 5:47 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

There's still a RX7 trans here that I have no need for.  I can bring it up for you.

Pete. (l33t FS)
10/26/20 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS)

I'd say I need no more transmissions, but it turned out practically all of that stash of transmissions that GRM Expressed their way to me were junk that hadn't made it to the scrapyard yet, so... eh, why not?

Stampie (FS)
10/26/20 6:09 p.m.

Ok I'll throw it in the back of the Subaru.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/20 6:32 p.m.

At least I still have the best dog.  He never comes up and sits with me except when he can tell I'm having a bad day.  Today was E36 M3 from the start for a dozen reasons and here he is. 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/28/20 6:31 p.m.

Sometimes the voice in my head tells me to do absolutely nothing.

I think it's the cat.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
10/28/20 6:34 p.m.

I think that the contestants on Wheel of Fortune should be made up of the people who lose on Jeopardy.

Pete. (l33t FS)
10/28/20 6:48 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

I think that the contestants on Wheel of Fortune should be made up of the people who lose on Jeopardy.

What about next weekend on The Price is Right?

(now with a link)

Woody (Forum Supportum)
10/28/20 6:53 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

What about next weekend on The Price is Right?

I can’t even talk about those people. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/28/20 8:35 p.m.

In my head, I've murdered 731 people. In 210 different ways.  

In my head. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
10/28/20 8:43 p.m.

Next daily may be a panther for reasons. I have bad thoughts about turning one into a wagon. Dangerous, bad thoughts. 

Someone, talk me down. 

wae
wae UberDork
10/28/20 8:44 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

Next daily may be a panther for reasons. I have bad thoughts about turning one into a wagon. Dangerous, bad thoughts. 

Someone, talk me down. 

You are in the wrong place for that!  There is absolutely no one here that wouldn't want to see you do that.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
10/28/20 8:59 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Minor confession #2:

I don't want to be talked down. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/28/20 9:32 p.m.
wae said:
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

Someone, talk me down. 

You are in the wrong place for that!  There is absolutely no one here that wouldn't want to see you do that.

Double bonus points for using a town car for maximum aristocrat. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/28/20 10:35 p.m.

Uh...Ford already saved you a lot of work.

1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OUHInU0SVm7m1LDiLXb3YvpmrYvkSXyWnzzLhdKkkESklGpLlGm3Lem9EN2aZf19