chandler UltimaDork
11/17/20 9:22 a.m.

Thanks for reminding me about LJS, I'm finding one for lunch 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
11/17/20 9:42 a.m.
Placemotorsports said:

I love good hush puppies.  As a kid my brother and I would order them as a meal

I tried them once after they removed the trans fats from their cooking oil, and they just did not taste right to me.  Maybe I need to give in and try them again.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/20 10:14 a.m.

We were trading music suggestions yesterday. I've been listening to Ed Sheeran all morning and really liking it. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/20 7:47 p.m.

Sometimes I listen to 50's music because it brings back memories of going to car shows in the 90s.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
11/20/20 10:06 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

My only criterion for listening to music is a discernible electric bass. Everything else is optional...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/20 10:13 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

My only criterion for listening to music is a discernible electric bass. Everything else is optional...

I think we're friends.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/21/20 7:06 p.m.

I’ve probably said it before and I’ll say it again.

I love the LEGO Batman movie.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/21/20 7:37 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) :

I don't so much love the LEGO Batman movie, but Will Arnett's LEGO Batman is my favorite version of the character. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/21/20 8:45 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Sometimes I listen to 50's music because it brings back memories of going to car shows in the 90s.

I do enjoy me some winga dinga.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/21/20 9:01 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) :

I don't so much love the LEGO Batman movie, but Will Arnett's LEGO Batman is my favorite version of the character. 

First Try!

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
11/21/20 10:13 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Yep.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
11/21/20 11:56 p.m.

Due to mental fatigue, I've just put off doing everything, from work to any car-related things I wanted to get done. It's taken me weeks to weld and piece together the exhaust for the 190, on which I finished the clutch replacement three months ago...

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/26/20 7:12 a.m.

It's entirely possible that my bus house pipe dream has shifted to the serious planning and talking to friend who works on old busses for a living about technical details stage...

Wally (Forum Supporter)
11/26/20 8:51 a.m.

I wish I was working today 

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/26/20 10:48 a.m.

I get a small amount of joy by flagging every single E36 M3ty dealer add in the FSBO section of CL that invariably pops up every week.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/26/20 11:33 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

I’ve probably said it before and I’ll say it again.

I love the LEGO Batman movie.

Lobster thermador! 

wae
wae UberDork
11/26/20 1:36 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

I get a small amount of joy by flagging every single E36 M3ty dealer add in the FSBO section of CL that invariably pops up every week.

We are now basically best friends, just fyi.  I'm not saying it's my favorite pastime but it's totally in the top ten.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
11/26/20 2:59 p.m.

I'm done. Having dinner with my mom, sister, her husband and kids. My niece wanted to say grace.  She hopes God is having a happy thanksgiving with grandpa and aunt Jodi. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/26/20 5:11 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

That is heartbreaking and beautiful. Praying for your strength and peace to close out 2020.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
11/26/20 8:44 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Thank You, I'm doing well most of the time but this kid adored my dad and Jodi. She has a habit of saying things that tear me up a bit 

Azryael
Azryael Reader
11/27/20 12:18 p.m.

I used to do web development primarily, but for the last decade I've just done it on the side. I'm old school in my desire to code nice, static sites, by hand for clean and concise code that search engines love. I also know how to make proper use of elements to maximize their effectiveness, be it for SEO or accessibility reasons.

I always seem to find myself in a scenario where I'm having to redo someone's site using CMS (WordPress, Joomla, etc.), and while there's nothing wrong with them, and I can create nice sites, it's annoying that so many people think they're developers because they can drag and drop things through a GUI. Nevermind the vulnerability of plugins, or the fact that often times these CMS use outdated code, or the HTML ends up long-winded and not very efficient. I'm always told by the customer that "I'll really like it after I mess with it!" and "You'll be able to add it to your toolbox!"

That said, I do have to give Shopify some credit, for an e-Commerce/CMS rolled into one, I actually like it.

Now, back to this billboard I've gotta whip up, so I can further make excuses not to go lay on my back in the garage and weld up the exhaust; shame on me.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/20 1:01 p.m.

Last night I had an idea for a Challenge design that would solve some packaging problems.  I just researched it more and found out that they stop using that design in the 70s because of safety concerns.  I'm still thinking about doing it because hell I have 48 years of experience on those people back in the 70s.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/28/20 3:14 p.m.

I went out shopping yesterday. I got some sweet Legos. I'm gonna be very happy when I open them on Xmas. 

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/28/20 6:40 p.m.

Looking at old buses on marketplace has completely nuked the suggestions algorithm and its pretty amusing.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/28/20 7:02 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I went out shopping yesterday. I got some sweet Legos. I'm gonna be very happy when I open them on Xmas. 

My family has lost interest in me opening a cool gift I bought for myself and me acting like "who got me this?  It's awesome!"    

It probably got old 15 Christmas's ago.  

This year I got myself the 100 year anniversary Indy 500 book.  

1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vUvXVE97VAuPsi3A1UDCIRyEzATsthlDBh9TWEHBrssWxdQ5aSS9eK9cvQ7Iej1i