1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 ... 441
mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
12/4/20 6:03 p.m.

Wife and i are addicted to Twin Peaks even though it's the weirdest tv show I've ever seen.  Note... The return season 3 is even weirder.

My log has a message for you.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/4/20 7:26 p.m.

Looking at our 2012 Focus, wondering if Lemons would grant a budget exemption for a car with class action lawsuits against a major driveline component.

I don’t think the transmission would make it through a race without melting into a lump of goo, but I’m really curious just how long it would last.

...it’s technically my wife’s car, please don’t tell her I was thinking about this.

edit: I thought about it more. Pasting the recall notice papers all over the car would be a hilarious theme. I have a whole stack of ‘em.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/5/20 2:08 p.m.

I bought one of those video-to-USB convertors recently.  Got it hooked up and working.  I suspect I will be spending a considerable amount of time this winter combing through my old taped-from-tv videocassettes, and digitizing old car ads.

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
12/5/20 3:54 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) :

Send it!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/5/20 7:28 p.m.

I've spent the last 3 hours sorting old pictures. I'm ashamed of how many times I've tried to stretch or double tap to zoom in on physical pictures.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/5/20 7:55 p.m.

I'm on my 2nd Hallmark movie tonight and the wife and I love making fun of the predictability of the plot.  

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/20 8:24 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I've been watching them about once a week. It's nice to know a happy ending is coming but it's starting to effect me. I bought a couple nice flannel shirts in case a woman comes to town to foreclose on a farm or something. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
12/5/20 9:04 p.m.

I started looking at double basses. The nice ones start at around 3k. The top-of-the-line instruments would set me back something like 12-14k on the low end, and as much as ~50k on the high end...

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
12/5/20 10:48 p.m.

I'm having a really tough time stopping myself from going to the fridge and stuffing all the lunchmeat into my face.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/5/20 11:05 p.m.

I kinda absentmindedly/accidentally bought a bumper sticker that I've been thinking about for a while. No good reason for it. It's an obscure reference, and I don't own the right car.

It'll probably end up on a laptop.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/9/20 7:23 a.m.

So, i was singing along to the quietly playing radio. Pianoman was the song. I was about halfway through the song when i realized that it was actually the wierd al cover. Holy E36 M3 he nailed Elton John's voice. 

RevRico
12/9/20 7:28 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Uh, that was Billy Joel

RevRico
12/9/20 7:30 a.m.

Bonus confession: I really wish I could post in the forum about what's going on in my life right now, just to get some advice and maybe even some help, but doing so could berkeley everything up past the point of being able to save it.

Maybe once it's all over.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/9/20 7:48 a.m.
RevRico said:

Uh, that was Billy Joel

That tell you how much i paid attention back then? Knew the words to the song, as it was on every 30 minutes or so.

Buy, i guess the bonus confession is i don't know the difference between Billy Joel and Elton John. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/9/20 9:44 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:
RevRico said:

Uh, that was Billy Joel

Buy, i guess the bonus confession is i don't know the difference between Billy Joel and Elton John. 

Elton John looks and dresses like a fat white RuPaul.

Billy Joel looks and dresses like a schlub from Queens.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
12/9/20 4:53 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Billy Joel is a schlub from Queens. (The Bronx, really...)

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
12/9/20 6:13 p.m.

I know where there's a cj5 with sbc mounts and a selection of axles to choose from. I'm lousy with engines right now, so I'd only need to find a trans and transfer case. It's a bad idea for a bunch of reasons, but I am what I am. 

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
12/9/20 6:38 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

Your commitment to driving a crappy CJ 5 is indeed impressive.  laugh

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
12/9/20 8:42 p.m.

My wife watches I can see your voice and I actually like it and have beat her every week in picking the good singers 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/20 8:53 p.m.

I always like watching Guys Grocery Games but Antonia Lofaso cooking in goofy Christmas PJs is a far different enjoyment than usual.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/9/20 10:06 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Duke :

Billy Joel is a schlub from Queens. (The Bronx, really...)

As hot as we think she is Billy Joel got tired of putting up with Christie Brinkley's BS.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/9/20 10:27 p.m.

I just watched Tokyo Drift which makes it the first time I have ever seen an F&F movie all the way through, and the first time I've seen this one in particular. 

My confessions in no particular order:

It had a single plot line and I still couldn't follow it. 
Skinny chicks with fake boobs aren't my thing. 
Neither are fake race cars. 
I wasn't particularly impressed with any of the driving. 
I just don't get the appeal of this franchise, even though I'm at least an honorary car guy. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
12/9/20 10:39 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Replace "commitment" with "infatuation" and you may have me pinned. 

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
12/10/20 12:15 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Tokyo Drift is the only one I've seen the whole way through also. But I confess that I kinda like it.

It's apparently very polarizing and some say it's the worst of the franchise, so you may like the other movies better.

I just don't sit down to watch a movie very often because my attention span is very broken.

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/10/20 4:27 a.m.

Tokyo Drift is best Fast and Furious and the only one I'll re-watch. But I'm also young enough that there's a bit of childhood nostalgia there. Also,  all the movies suck. Do not take them seriously. 

1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rSCiaaiqTWp4ZexzarQ6pwxVV3OMWnJCMHcbGOK8XQdhfJBIwAwpg7h5zKEIWgYU