1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 ... 441
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/31/20 5:28 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C (Forum Supporter) :

That is almost exactly like the one we had as a kid. I thought it was awesome then. 318 small block and more rust than you ever wanted (we lived in PA then) but I always thought the rollbar was soooo cool. 

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/1/21 9:31 a.m.

I feel knowing when to admit defeat is a good quality in a human. For instance if your Miata slips off the jack and rips the side skirt off, maybe it's not a good day to be working under that car.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/21 10:25 a.m.

I want to LS swap my main rallycross car just so I can see how many engines I can blow up in a year.

But then that would mean making the car immobile every month, and I'd have to tow it to events because I couldn't expect to drive it home, and towing to events is the opposite of fun.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
1/1/21 11:40 a.m.

If Toyota had deigned to import the Yaris GR to the US, I would have taken the plunge and bought one, even sold off the Miata to help pay for it.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/1/21 12:00 p.m.

The new LEGO Police Station has a donut shop.  I am so tempted to pick the set up just for that reason.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/1/21 10:07 p.m.

I ordered from Amazon 175 times in 2020.

Damn.

Pete. (l33t FS)
1/1/21 10:12 p.m.
NickD said:

If Toyota had deigned to import the Yaris GR to the US, I would have taken the plunge and bought one, even sold off the Miata to help pay for it.

Right there with you.  I could afford it just fine assuming they didn't stick on a 20-30% market adjustment, but having to sell one of my other cars to make room for it would be the problematic part.  I want to FINISH the ones that don't run before I sell them, because stubborn.  And I wouldn't want to sell either RX-7 because the '81 is a nice driver like I haven't had since 2004 or so, and the '84 is only good for a mechanico-manaical rallycrosser, and I'd hate to see it turned into a chumpcar or something.

There is a dealer in Columbus with a brand new 2017 Focus RS that they are trying to sell for $70k, incidentally.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
1/2/21 11:16 a.m.

I just put on pants for the first time since Christmas.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/2/21 12:55 p.m.

I'm one of those "Dave Ramsey debt free" type of guys but if Nissan ever comes out with something cool I don't care how much of a loan I need to get.  I'm borrowing all I can to get one. 

Good news is it I probably won't have that problem!

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/2/21 2:06 p.m.

For my birthday the only meal I consumed was a gigantic ridiculous Bloody Mary my wife made for brunch. 

I have no regrets

Pete. (l33t FS)
1/2/21 2:28 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

I'm having low blood sugar jitters in your honor.

OTOH, when I make a Bloody Mary, it's usually a 1:1 ratio of vodka to mix, so perhaps I'm carrying that expectation a bit too far when considering a  "gigantic" drink, and not a tumbler.

1/2/21 2:34 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

apparently I didn't take a good pic but there's the toppings on top of a 32oz glass. I don't love vodka so there's like....2 shots in that total

Pete. (l33t FS)
1/2/21 2:36 p.m.

If Dagwood Bumstead made a drink.

Yowza.

Is that fried chicken and a hamburger patty?  (I might be hungry right now, actually)

1/2/21 2:45 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

It's:

Fried chicken

Strip steak

Cocktail shrimp

Smoked peppercorn cheese

Venison sausage

Sweet pickle

Blue cheese stuffed olives

Cocktail onions

Candied bacon

Pimento olives

And I might be missing something

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
1/2/21 2:49 p.m.

I don’t think you missed much! laugh  Meal in a glass, happy belated birthday!

Pete. (l33t FS)
1/2/21 2:49 p.m.

Pretty sure that's more food than I've eaten in the past few days.  Wow.

1/2/21 3:17 p.m.
11GTCS said:

I don’t think you missed much! laugh  Meal in a glass, happy belated birthday!

Thank you!

It probably was 2000 calories anyway 

My wife is awesome for making it for me. She almost added pizza, sliders and some pickled asparagus too but ran out of room 

neverdone
neverdone New Reader
1/2/21 3:35 p.m.

She's a keeper!

1/2/21 3:51 p.m.
neverdone said:

She's a keeper!

Agreed. I realized that when she thought driving thru Kansas in a car that we just bought without a/c was the greatest idea ever.

Ring has been put on it and I have the running-from-a-trex wedding picture to prove it

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/3/21 11:12 a.m.

A group of coworkers bought a bunch of powerball tickets and posted a picture of them on Facebook. I once again bought two of each ticket number just Incase they win. If one of them comes up I will probably take more joy in the prank than the pile of cash. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/3/21 11:12 a.m.

the confession is at theres still more that i didn't take pictures of. Two truckloads full to the dump today, and more to go. Thats six truckloads of E36 M3 this year ive gotten rid of, and it finally looks like ive done something. 

I have a problem. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/3/21 11:38 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

You need a scrapper neighbor like I have.  I just tell them I have more stuff for them and it’s gone. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/3/21 11:47 a.m.

I don't think Woody Allen is funny. At all.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/3/21 12:24 p.m.
Appleseed said:

This belongs in a "General Observations" thread; there is no confession involved in this at all. Unless you can get Woody Allen to say it...

Pete. (l33t FS)
1/3/21 12:37 p.m.
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) said:
Appleseed said:

This belongs in a "General Observations" thread; there is no confession involved in this at all. Unless you can get Woody Allen to say it...

Pretty sure he has said it.

Was going through a phase with my ex where we'd play Movie Theater Roulette.  Show up at random time, watch the next movie.  One time we saw this not-great, not-awful movie about some loser and his wife who divorce, the loser keeps losering and his wife turns her life around and marries an awesome guy.  X noted that the lead actor was really stooping low for taking direction the way he did. It was then I realized that it was a Woody Allen movie and the lead actor was taking on all of Allen's mannerisms and verbal tics.

Anyway, at one point, said actor made a snide comment about certain directors, that could be construed as self-deprecation.

(and now i'm going to try to figure out what movie it was)

1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cSFvte8Ud2uzbGrONsZKAMkFE1gG0gvBtvVbX3kNoLWybcUm5ePmaPmk7cugcv2m