1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 ... 441
Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
1/25/21 1:00 p.m.

Sorry

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/25/21 1:18 p.m.

Duke eats those with his hands, after cutting them into triangles and melting some Provel cheese on top. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/21 2:15 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Not round = no apology required

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/25/21 2:19 p.m.
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

The square vs. Triangle cut can be solved right now.  Do you plan on sharing said pizza? Do you have more than 7 friends? If you answered yes to both, you need a square cut.

If you have more than 7 friends sharing pizza, you need more than 1 pizza.

There is no excuse for cutting a round pie into rectangles.  You wouldn't do it with an apple pie, and you shouldn't do it with a pizza pie for exactly the same reasons.

I don't eat Apple pie. I have no frame of reference. laugh

Wally, if you think about it, this is a good thing. Sure we can't completely agree on pizza. We might shout, and yell, and poke the bear, but at the end of it all, we like pizza and we aren't angry with each other.

Wouldn't it be great if politics were like the yearly GRM pizza debate?

mtn (Forum Supporter)
1/25/21 2:44 p.m.

I just bought two sets of holders and steel for skates that I don't own yet, that will come with identical holders and steel. This would be like buying 8 stock wheels & tires (that are good in 10 years, pretend rubber doesn't go bad) for a car you only think you're going to buy. So assuming you buy the car, you'd have 3 sets of stock wheels and tires - no snows or slicks. 

In my defense, they'll also work on my old skates (not my current skates), but the ones on that pair of skates are good too - and I have an even older set of skates that have the same basic holders and steel. But it was a REALLY good deal.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/21 7:13 p.m.

I hate almost all insurance commercials but Tag Team serving ice cream got a laugh out of me.  

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/21 7:53 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

I just bought two sets of holders and steel for skates that I don't own yet, that will come with identical holders and steel. This would be like buying 8 stock wheels & tires (that are good in 10 years, pretend rubber doesn't go bad) for a car you only think you're going to buy. So assuming you buy the car, you'd have 3 sets of stock wheels and tires - no snows or slicks. 

In my defense <snip>...

are you sure two extra sets are enough?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/25/21 8:20 p.m.

We need a 4"-5" micrometer and manager guy won't order it.  I buy the set from a retiring 47 year machinist and decided I'll use them at work.

USA made Starrett tools for $100.  Felt like a win.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
1/25/21 10:44 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

More like a steal. Charge your manager rent for them.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/26/21 1:53 p.m.

I still struggle with my rights and lefts because as a child, my oldest sister taught them to me backwards (facing me, she used her left and right). 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/26/21 3:21 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I learned my right and left from my grandma always sat on the right side of the car.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
1/27/21 5:24 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

My grandfather taught me that my left hand makes an "L". I refer to this more than I should.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/21 5:34 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I still do that all the time. And I'm left handed. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/27/21 7:12 p.m.

I write withmy right hand.  I'm 60, and I still have to make a little writing motion occasionally to figure out which way a right turn is.

Worst I've ever seen is a really fast autocross driver, who had big stickers on the dash saying "left" and "right". Pretty sure he was on the spectrum, as they say.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/21 8:05 p.m.

Sometimes, I have trouble with lower case b and d when I am writing, but not typing. I forget which one is which.

In my head, I automatically refer back to Sesame Street.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/27/21 8:10 p.m.

I think my favourite part of early This Old House shows involve the super high tech computers Bob gets.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/21 9:04 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Sometimes, I have trouble with lower case b and d when I am writing, but not typing. I forget which one is which.

In my head, I automatically refer back to Sesame Street.

Small d is a dude with a dupa?

wae
wae UberDork
1/28/21 12:18 p.m.

I know that it's not the most perfect example, but I love Progresso's New England Clam Chowder.  Back before she passed and before the Alzheimers, my Grandma always had that in her pantry.  Whenever I'd come over for lunch (which was pretty often during college!), she and I would split a can of that soup and sit and talk.  So now, whenever I have a can of that soup, I get to have lunch with my Grandma again.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/28/21 12:51 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to NickD :

My grandfather taught me that my left hand makes an "L". I refer to this more than I should.

Doesn't work, instructions unclear. Hootus caught in ceiling fan.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/28/21 1:12 p.m.

Scrolling thru Facebook and I saw a thing on the worst kitchens ever. Most were terrible but I like this one. Looks like a nebula on the ceiling.

Showed it to my wife and she loved it too. Maybe we are insane? Sink is weird but the cabinets, colors and ceiling look cool to me

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/28/21 1:17 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

I must be insane too because I think its berkeleying sick. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/28/21 2:03 p.m.

You are both insane.  That's horrid.

Could be a witch's hovel, could be a meth lab, but it's not a room I could be in for more than 5 minutes and it is definitely not a kitchen I could cook food in.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
1/28/21 2:08 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Love the ceiling, hate every other bit of it.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/28/21 2:11 p.m.

I just asked my artist friend if she can do it to my living room. However, i haven't sought my wife's approval.....

mtn (Forum Supporter)
1/28/21 2:12 p.m.

Ugly as all get out and nothing about it was done well, but it has roughly the same amount of cabinet space as my kitchen and about 2x the counter space that my kitchen has. So functionally it would be an upgrade over mine. 

1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ljkj19n71eFe4tDS9pMrHK9WvBhECtQL9AUXCsjhDeyfZHOsT3SGDkLwlSZxHibO