1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 441
Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/16 9:06 p.m.

My dog is snoring away next to me and every so often his front paws start going like his digging. I'd love to know what the little bugger is dreaming about.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/29/16 9:06 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

Diggin'.

octavious
octavious HalfDork
12/30/16 7:01 a.m.

I don't know very much about American V8 motors. But I would really like to do a V8 swap into my CJ7. Every time I start looking and reading about it I keep seeing "this is one of the easiest swaps to do" which makes me feel dumber for not knowing more about American V8s.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
12/30/16 7:20 a.m.

I have given up on teaching myself megasquirt and have an appointment with a tuner. I don't feel like less of a man either.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/30/16 10:30 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I don't feel like less of a man either.

Do you drive an automatic or a manual?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
12/30/16 10:33 a.m.
Appleseed wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: I don't feel like less of a man either.
Do you drive an automatic or a manual?

Depends on the day and what car I'm driving

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
12/30/16 11:27 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I have given up on teaching myself megasquirt and have an appointment with a tuner. I don't feel like less of a man either.

Don't give up, seek guidance if you are totally lost. If you pay someone to tune it you are at their mercy (and limited by their knowledge) until you learn the system.

The help on the MSEXTRA forum is pretty darn good.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
12/30/16 4:34 p.m.

In reply to bentwrench:

The help is good if you know what questions to ask. If you have an issue that you don't understand or don't know how to describe, it's really hard to get (or for anyone to give) help, heh.

@Dusterbd13 - looks like you're a ways away, but I've got 2 cars that have been running on MS for quite awhile now. I'd be glad to help if I can.

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
1/5/17 5:06 p.m.

When i met my future wife, she was Reubenesque (dont judge me on my spelling).

After having 2 kids (amazing what a womans body goes thru), she had gained a few more pounds and was truly concerned about her health. She had gastric bypass surgery, lost a ton of weight. Is healthy, but doesnt seem very happy.

Now we are growing apart. I am afraid, and have no-one i can speak too about it. Its bizarre, like i've lost my wife, unable to grieve, living with a bitter, shadow of what she was.

Its not a minor confession, Thanks for "listening"

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
1/5/17 5:20 p.m.

In reply to warpedredneck:

Sorry man. That's heavy stuff. It sounds like one or both of you need to talk to someone. I see we are about the same age. Just know you are not the only guy out there who really needs a motorcycle

Minor confession: I grew a beard a bit this winter. Some younger guys I ski with and haven't seen me since last season greeted me with "Dude, you finally look your age". Vanity exists somewhere in my caveman brain because I just berkeleying shaved. What good is looking 10 years younger than you are if no one can tell?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
1/5/17 5:27 p.m.

Sorry to hear that news. My wife comes from a family of BBW's - love her to death - 30 years next month. A few have gotten that surgery and have had some issues too. My wife is not a fan of the bypass cause what she has seen.

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
1/6/17 4:30 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy:

When she went thru the screening process, we spoke with psychologist's and a whole battery of professionals,

I have a couple calls in to see about support groups and counselling.

They seem to forget that it affects spouses and the whole family

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/6/17 7:06 a.m.

I guess I'll lighten the mood a bit.

I use my "new" Milwaukee drill for driving sockets a lot now, and I am ashamed that I ever have done this before. It makes doing lots of fasteners above your head so much easier.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
1/7/17 6:43 p.m.

We got our first "real" snow in 2 years, work closed yesterday, we finally left the house today. Roads for the most part are clear now, but I found an icy spot in the shade of some buildings downtown. No one around, when the front tires were past the ice, I floored it and spun the rear tires on the Grand Marquis a bit. I giggled like a teenager at the engine's rev and sound of the tires, then got hit by SWMBO who was in the passenger seat, exclaiming, "Lee, what are you doing!?!?!"

dropstep
dropstep Dork
1/8/17 12:44 a.m.

i left work an hour early today just too avoid doing a wheel bearing on a subaru. came home and had a nerf war with my kids for 3 hours!

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
1/8/17 10:45 a.m.

My wife is very different since the kid too. Love the kid, hate that it changed swmbo. She's got ppd and is taking ssri to help, not helping enough to bring her back. She's still a great person (and still hot), just very different. She used to light up the room when she walked in, now not at all. Sorry to hear you're going through the same thing.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/8/17 12:36 p.m.

My wife went through PPD after our 2nd was born. In our case, my telling her to harden the berkeley up didn't help.

YMMV

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
1/9/17 4:54 p.m.

I have recently found out that a friend of mine has his phone set up to read text messages out loud automatically upon receipt and can't figure out how to turn it off.

I have been sending texts that really shouldn't be heard in public at random times. Kind of got him in trouble with his coworker..

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
1/9/17 5:06 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I have recently found out that a friend of mine has his phone set up to read text messages out loud automatically upon receipt and can't figure out how to turn it off. I have been sending texts that really shouldn't be heard in public at random times. Kind of got him in trouble with his coworker..

My confession is that I would intentionally send rude texts to him until he figured out how to make it stop.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
1/9/17 5:15 p.m.

Exactly what I am doing...

Today, about 9:30 am i sent "i like to berkeley goats "

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
1/9/17 5:22 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: My wife went through PPD after our 2nd was born. In our case, my telling her to harden the berkeley up didn't help. YMMV

I am familiar with this. All the stupid things I've done in my life and that was the one that got me stabbed. Go figure.

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
1/11/17 7:37 p.m.

Holding an ice pack in my left hand because at 49 I still can't remember that stuff I just finished welding is hot.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/12/17 9:40 a.m.

I may be burning a lot of childhood memories, but all those broken pine boards that I saved from when the DDs were getting their black belts make excellent kindling when I split them into pencil-sized bits.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/12/17 11:44 a.m.

Man, ive been there. My (ex) wife did a complete 180 post kid. We grew apart. I tried to get my E36 M3 together for all of us (quit smoking, started getting my head right, went to see docs about my migraines, etc) she started declining rapidly. She kept just crashing and burning. She was never light, but she packed on more weight than she ever had when she was pregnant. Gave up completely. Then, she decided she wanted a divorce. She hasn't improved. I've seen her during video calls with my kid. She's put on more weight. She want on disability shortly after I left. No amount of cajoling has been able to get her E36 M3 together.

I kmow this is all doom. The only thing I can tell you is, she has to want to do it. She went through bypass. That's a start. But it likely uncovered a lot of things that she might have been using food or things like that to cope with. With that E36 M3 gone, it all bubbles up, hence the psych exam. I tried the htfu method too, and it didn't do well at all. I eventually just started doing what I could from a logistics perspective to keep it together for all of us. Working extra, etc.

All you can do is be there. Don't force anything, etc. She has to want it. If she doesn't want to get better, there's no way she's ever going to. Don't forget to stick yourself together too. Be there for your kids. If you need to talk to someone, do it. At least one of you needs to have it together.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/12/17 11:47 a.m.
Wayslow wrote: Holding an ice pack in my left hand because at 49 I still can't remember that stuff I just finished welding is hot.

I have the same problem with the microwave.

1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
otpO9ujXkBmGPKN7onei0FGPBGrIr12bniDelJbnw1txEp0pNiTSa85pq6YcqiA4