1 ... 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 ... 1929
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/3/19 10:58 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Good, plain yellow mustard helps, too.

There is no such thing is good plain yellow mustard.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/3/19 11:11 p.m.

Its confirmed: Brett Murphy still puts ketchup on his hotdogs.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/19 11:43 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Add me to the list.  Ketchup and fancy mustard.  Done.  Don’t need no vegetables, grilled or otherwise.  Maybe some chili if I feel like crop dusting the local stores and my family.....

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
7/3/19 11:49 p.m.

EDIT

SUCK IT California.

Feeling better still very very cranky about this.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
7/4/19 12:09 a.m.

75 and older are exempt luckily.  

But modifying the old cars won’t stick anything to the California man.  Registering all of them out of state would, however!

but that really sucks.  It makes no sense....what a royal pain

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
7/4/19 1:56 a.m.

No, the carb is not garbage. It is not “unstable”, whatever that means. It does not need replaced. Stop talking out your rear and pay attention. It is running lean, yes. All the vacuum ports are in use or plugged, yes. The timing is good. Here is a thought, tighten the motherberkeleying bolts that hold the carb down, idiot. 

Say it with me now, “No more loose fasteners.” 

Two hours trying to figure out how this carb could be behaving that way before I noticed the thing was just rattling around on the manifold. Partly ranting at myself (should’ve started by pulling the carb in the beginning) and partly at the moron who owned this car before. 

Never trust someone else’s work. On the upside, thing runs like a top now. Or as well as a Lima can anyway, shakey little devils. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/19 7:14 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
Streetwiseguy said:

I agree, but I understood the point he was making, so I let it go.

Knurled.
7/4/19 7:19 a.m.
barefootskater said:Never trust someone else’s work.

This is why professional techs take malicious glee at mercilessly picking apart the failures of the last berkhead who touched a wrench to anything.

Knurled.
7/4/19 7:23 a.m.
Appleseed said:

BROWN mustand, dammit.

Or a little sauerkraut.

Or plain, because a hotdog is the most generic meatstuff you can get, so throw it down your facehole for "nutrition" and move on with your day.

Was a time in my life that I thought a fun little snack was to take eight hot dog buns, insert a teaspoon of crushed garlic and one genuine mystery meat (probably turkey and pork tailings) hot dog per bun, load into the microwave for 60 seconds, and done.  Try not to eat them all on the way from the microwave to the bedroom.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/19 8:34 a.m.
Knurled. said:
barefootskater said:Never trust someone else’s work.

This is why professional techs take malicious glee at mercilessly picking apart the failures of the last berkhead who touched a wrench to anything.

Not only techs. I get to do that a lot in IT, too, only these days I have to be reasonably polite about it as an outside consultant.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/4/19 9:34 a.m.
Knurled. said:
Brett_Murphy said:
Streetwiseguy said:

I'm glad you guys are both so comfortable with being wrong.  

Knurled.
7/4/19 9:39 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Knurled. said:
Brett_Murphy said:
Streetwiseguy said:

I'm glad you guys are both so comfortable with being wrong.  

Introduce sinep into your life.

Rant:  Google has some BS going on that makes my computer lock up for 120 seconds when I try to load it.  Also the new Google Image Search results sucks.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
7/4/19 10:16 a.m.

F being a dumbass causing myself to need for a new cell phone costing over half a challenge car budget. surpriseindecision

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/19 5:31 p.m.

If you almost rolled a gray 4 Runner with a GRM sticker full of kids on Taconic Parkway this afternoon please burn your license, send your car and your kids to those Kars 4 Kids idiots where they’ll probably be better off, and wander away from society before you kill someone.  I drive pretty fast on my way home so when I was a bit shocked to be passed by a full SUV.  I was less surprised once it began wagging back and forth and started going over. Whatever hand of god kept it upright and straightened it out deserves a lot of thanks. The fact that you hardly slowed down after it happened makes me think they have their hands full keeping your kids safe.

Knurled.
7/4/19 5:42 p.m.

Still have a screaming headache.  Off to the garage anyway, the car isn't going to put itself together.

Want to grab some gas station gut bomb breakfast sandwiches, but I feel bad going to any kind of store on a national holiday.  All the same, if I DON'T go, then the people there will have worked a holiday for nothing.

Brett_Murphy
7/4/19 5:50 p.m.
Appleseed said:

False. Brown mustard, onions and sauerkraut. 

Knurled.
7/4/19 5:54 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
Appleseed said:

False. Brown mustard, onions and sauerkraut. 

That sounds REALLY GOOD right now.

Okay leaving for real this time.

Brett_Murphy
7/4/19 5:55 p.m.

Rant: I am a purge your life kind of person, my wife is a "we may need that someday" kind of person. Trying to clean together is just asking for a fight. Me trying to clean alone is just asking for a fight, as I try to purge things.I know this, and try to work around it.

Still, this is why the house is messy all the time. We have more stuff than house to put it in.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/4/19 11:46 p.m.

MAD Magazine is no more.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/5/19 9:48 a.m.

People who have their keyboards tilted towards them: How do their hands still work? You'd think they'd be disabled by arthritis within a week. 5 minutes of that E36 M3 kills my hands and wrists.

Knurled.
7/5/19 9:56 a.m.
Appleseed said:

MAD Magazine is no more.

I miss my MAD collection.

Also my Cracked collection.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
7/5/19 9:33 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

Rant: I am a purge your life kind of person, my wife is a "we may need that someday" kind of person. Trying to clean together is just asking for a fight. Me trying to clean alone is just asking for a fight, as I try to purge things.I know this, and try to work around it.

Still, this is why the house is messy all the time. We have more stuff than house to put it in.

Don't feel lonesome, I have the same issue. SWMBO is getting worse as we get older. Food is one of those things she can't keep enough in the house. We have 2 full size refrigerator and an upright freezer that is stuffed full. And I only get half a shelf for my stuff. And we are empty nesters. Just the 2 of us now but she babysits the grandkids. She's Korean so there is her stuff that apparently takes a lo-o-ong time to go bad and my stuff. She didn't do it when we were young and poor with kids. Can afford whatever now but she still insists on keeping it because it's "expensive". She just bought an even bigger fridge yesterday on sale, I'm insisting one has to go if one comes in. Don't have the room. Won't even mention her stuff that is canned around the house, she likes making it but can't use it all. She also loves her kitchen gadgets, have a lot of them. Her stuff is slowly taking over my garage. Keep telling her the house is hers, the garage is mine. Keep your stuff out of it. Losing battle.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/5/19 10:00 p.m.

Somehow I never had a super dirty martini.

Now that I know about them I have had a lot the last few days.....and apparently every bartender hates to make them.

Why? It doesn't seen too hard, why are you all dicks about it?

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/6/19 8:58 a.m.

trying to decide if I should just sell this miata hardtop I bought a few months ago.  I would like a lifted turbo miata but at the same monitary output for that I could have a vtec powered classic mini, which i have wanted for a while.

I just keep going back and forth, between selling the hardtop and keeping it and it is annoying.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/6/19 2:48 p.m.

I started installing my new game on the xbone at 11:00 am

Its damn near 4pm. And inly at 20%. 

So I'm reduced to binge watching spongebob and reading my book.

This install process of new games is STUPID.

1 ... 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rSvauPlhbxDypEnEp6yVDV1WbVtee16nbC0U1GnBVhNsGMUviwAaXJLdSzTD5Bux