1 ... 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 ... 1927
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/19 8:09 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

What kind of car is it?

I'm asking for the rallycross community.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
7/13/19 8:12 a.m.
Knurled. said:

What kind of car is it?

I'm asking for the rallycross community.

It's my 89 Mazda 626.  Would probably be a suitable rallycross beater, but I've had it on the WOR FB page for months, and no interest.

Knurled.
7/13/19 8:18 a.m.

I wonder if you'd have better luck advertising on a site like japanesenostalgiccar or something.  (Not sure if right name, no time to check, cooking eggs)

That's a 30 year old car!  There's got to be some Mazda perv who has that as their dream car.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
7/13/19 8:41 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

There may be.  It's rough enough that I don't know how big the market for it would be.  Figure I'm only asking a few hundred over scrap value, so I'd hope someone will snag it quickly.

And I just got a fourth text that seemed more legit (though from northeast Ohio), and replied to it, so they asked me to get a VIN report from a link they just sent.  Replied " berkeley you scammer", and blocked the number.  The junkyard is getting a lot more tempting.

Edit:  And now my OfferUp account that I don't have has been suspended for fraud and i need to reply to the latest text message.  Thank goodness I'm using google voice and not my real number.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
7/13/19 1:41 p.m.
dropstep said:

3 months after back surgery and 5 weeks after returning too work the back and nerve pain has made a sudden comeback. I'm still paying off the first round and it looks like another round of back surgery is on the horizon 

It's going to sound stupid but hear me out. Went to a surgeon about back pain due to another surgery. Turns out I could get back surgery every year or try a hot tub. 

I love my hot tub. It keeps it manageable. 

It's worth asking the doc about.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/13/19 1:58 p.m.

I have wired 40+ cars from scratch. Never have i bled as much as doing the dash on the 60 corvette im doing now. I swear to God, someone on tue assembly line was paid to sharpen every edge and protrusion on the mechanical sides of every component. It looks like i had a fight with a barbed wire tumbleweed and got my ass kicked into a blackberry patch.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/13/19 3:07 p.m.

Dear online retailer of performance brake products.

It's 2019. Some amount of internet security concern should be expected of online businesses.

Emailing me my password upon registration tells me you're storing it in plain text. Which in turn tells me you're not paying any attention to basic security.

Trust you to process my payment info properly? Maybe not.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/19 4:32 p.m.

Automotive electrics aren't that hard, especially on an older, mostly analog car. Why do certain dimwits insist on berkeleying things up then instead of doing it properly?

No, Scotchloks aren't appropriate connectors for a headlight adapter harness. Those are mostly a make-work for the next guy. Which unfortunately happens to be me in this case.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/19 11:00 p.m.
Mike said:

IKEA Schaumburg is on notice. ("Notice" in this context means nothing to anyone.) What the hell, people? I spent the first ten years of my working life in retail. Almost everyone we encountered was terrible today. 

I don't care what you're doing. If it's not about safety, customers come first. 

The answer to, "where can I find a Färtöhlfacterin?" Should never, ever be: "They're not here. Maybe over that way, but not here." We had three different people flat refuse to show us where some product was. 

I'm frustrated that I spent a thousand dollars with these people anyhow. 

Why did I go back? Not gonna type another rant... I must like the abuse.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/14/19 12:06 a.m.

In reply to Mike :

Come to think of it. Not many things upset me more than when I go back to the exact location of a store I used to work at, and get E36 M3ty service. Which actually happens everytime I go in there. So I only go there if I'm desperate. 

Knurled.
7/14/19 6:29 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:had never considered Joolry until I read this today.

There's a radio ad in Akron (I apparently work close enough to Akron to get a better signal than Cleveland radio) where the guy who is paid to talk for a living mentions that dealership X carries Jag-wire and Porsh.

Not as bad as the Cleveland-area dealership ad where the guy who is paid to talk for a living somehow pronounced "month" to sound like "line".  (As in, "lease a new Kia for only 99 dollers per line")

Knurled.
7/14/19 8:14 a.m.

Rant:  I apparently pulled a muscle in my abdomen right over my bladder.  Consequently, I have a constant ache that makes me feel like I have to pee.  All the time.

So of course, I ignore it, and don't realize when I actually DO have to pee.  So I find myself going into the bathroom on a regular basis just to make sure.

tmi.co.us

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/14/19 8:51 a.m.
Mike said:
Mike said:

IKEA Schaumburg is on notice. ("Notice" in this context means nothing to anyone.) What the hell, people? I spent the first ten years of my working life in retail. Almost everyone we encountered was terrible today. 

The answer to, "where can I find a Färtöhlfacterin?" Should never, ever be: "They're not here. Maybe over that way, but not here." We had three different people flat refuse to show us where some product was. 

Curious where you live... I work in Bolingbrook so if I ever find reason to go to Ikea I’ll just go to the one there...

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/19 5:11 p.m.
mtn said:
Mike said:
Mike said:

Curious where you live... I work in Bolingbrook so if I ever find reason to go to Ikea I’ll just go to the one there...

Berwyn. It's normally the same drive to each, but we were linking several errands in a row.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/14/19 8:23 p.m.
Mike said:

Berwyn. It's normally the same drive to each, but we were linking several errands in a row.

Huh, well we’re practically neighbors. I’m in Elmhurst. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/14/19 10:06 p.m.

Mike, just move recently? I thought you lived in Louisiana...

If so, welcome to Chicago!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/15/19 1:21 a.m.

I just stuck my hand into a spinning celing fan taking off my shirt.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/19 8:41 a.m.
Knurled. said:

Not as bad as the Cleveland-area dealership ad where the guy who is paid to talk for a living somehow pronounced "month" to sound like "line".  (As in, "lease a new Kia for only 99 dollers per line")

What the hell, I have to hear how that works surprise

Ordered food the other day from someone who pronounced "fries" as "furs." My brain could not comprehend the idea of being offered furs with my meal.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/15/19 9:26 a.m.
Bent-Valve said:
dropstep said:

3 months after back surgery and 5 weeks after returning too work the back and nerve pain has made a sudden comeback. I'm still paying off the first round and it looks like another round of back surgery is on the horizon 

It's going to sound stupid but hear me out. Went to a surgeon about back pain due to another surgery. Turns out I could get back surgery every year or try a hot tub. 

I love my hot tub. It keeps it manageable. 

It's worth asking the doc about.

The time frame you mention is too soon to know the real outcome. I have been through back surgery once and lots of pain several times in the last 30 years.     

Try swimming with just flippers, snorkel & mask.  Less back strain than when you engage your arms, develops your legs, gluts and spine muscles,  plus being in the water takes weight off the back.    Swimming helps a lot.    Hot tub is good for unloading the spine but the swimming gets the muscles working.  

Ending back pain is all about stronger muscles to support the spine and less weight on the spine by losing weight and floating in water as much as possible.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
7/15/19 9:42 a.m.
Knurled. said:

Rant:  I apparently pulled a muscle in my abdomen right over my bladder.  Consequently, I have a constant ache that makes me feel like I have to pee.  All the time.

So of course, I ignore it, and don't realize when I actually DO have to pee.  So I find myself going into the bathroom on a regular basis just to make sure.

tmi.co.us

Make sure you don't have a bladder infection.  The symptoms sound a lot like that.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
7/15/19 10:28 a.m.

Having four swiveling wheels on both the shopping and flat carts is not the brilliant idea that IKEA thought it was.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/15/19 10:56 a.m.

In 2017, my in-laws sold their family vacation home that the owned with my MIL's family. That meant that they lost their storage for their boats. One of those boats has been living in my garage for the past 2 years. Hasn't moved an inch. The other boat has been in a marina, used for maybe a total of 4-5 hours, which is what I expected its use to be. Well, actually I expected it to be used more until my dad got a better marina situation that made HIS boat much easier to enjoy. But I digress. I told my in-laws, you should sell this boat now - "now" being when they lost storage. But instead, they've been paying for storage, have never used it, meanwhile my wife and I have used it for maybe 4-5 hours total. 

Now, they've finally decided to sell it, thankfully. And of course, I am the one doing the legwork here--and I really don't mind doing that. No, what I mind is listing it for more than I know it is worth because my FIL doesn't quite get that what he paid is not relevant. So I have it listed at $6250. I got an offer for $4,800. My FIL's response when I told him was "So he can turn around and sell it for $7,000!"

Really? You think that someone is going to flip this boat when the average age of a craigslist listing for them in this area is around 3 months? That isn't how this works. 

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
7/15/19 11:36 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I have wired 40+ cars from scratch. Never have i bled as much as doing the dash on the 60 corvette im doing now. I swear to God, someone on tue assembly line was paid to sharpen every edge and protrusion on the mechanical sides of every component. It looks like i had a fight with a barbed wire tumbleweed and got my ass kicked into a blackberry patch.

I had a friend in college who kept getting the mega-stereo system is his truck stolen. He finally laced the under-dash with razor blades. The thieves apparently didn't like that, as they destroyed the truck the next time. Everything short of burning it. They still got the stereo, but they bled for it.

Not sure who won that battle. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/19 11:41 a.m.
JamesMcD said:

Having four swiveling wheels on both the shopping and flat carts is not the brilliant idea that IKEA thought it was.

Counterpoint: the IKEA manager who made that decision is a drifting enthusiast laugh

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/15/19 11:50 a.m.

Im hungry for a spudmax from McAllister deli. Nearest location is 40 miles. 

Very minor rant.

1 ... 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JFw9AeFnjXJ0DoZE43ZDR6Sq0iVCLk9ZHnaEU8iul9irrunYK8yhyDp0qZnZLmxH