1 ... 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 ... 1031
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/15/19 11:50 a.m.

Im hungry for a spudmax from McAllister deli. Nearest location is 40 miles. 

 

Very minor rant.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
7/15/19 1:00 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
Knurled. said:

Not as bad as the Cleveland-area dealership ad where the guy who is paid to talk for a living somehow pronounced "month" to sound like "line".  (As in, "lease a new Kia for only 99 dollers per line")

What the hell, I have to hear how that works surprise

Ordered food the other day from someone who pronounced "fries" as "furs." My brain could not comprehend the idea of being offered furs with my meal.

Don't say the "th", mushmouth all your vowels into a general schwa sound, and don't waste too much effort elocuting the M.

 

I mean, okay, I ain't perfect, but my job doesn't have "speaking clearly" as its primary description, either.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
7/15/19 1:04 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
Knurled. said:

Rant:  I apparently pulled a muscle in my abdomen right over my bladder.  Consequently, I have a constant ache that makes me feel like I have to pee.  All the time.

 

So of course, I ignore it, and don't realize when I actually DO have to pee.  So I find myself going into the bathroom on a regular basis just to make sure.

 

tmi.co.us

Make sure you don't have a bladder infection.  The symptoms sound a lot like that.

No cloudy urine or burning sensation when delivering it, though.  And on Thursday I felt myself prang a muscle in that area when I had to gyrate to do something.  Felt okay after that but that doesn't always mean much.

 

It'll get better or it won't, not much I can do about it for a month or two anyway.  Am at least chugging down cranberry juice, which is supposed to be a dandy urinary tract flushinator.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/15/19 1:35 p.m.
Knurled. said:

And on Thursday I felt myself prang a muscle in that area when I had to gyrate to do something.

Giggity!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
7/15/19 3:38 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

What kind of boat are you selling? How many hours total? 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
7/15/19 3:45 p.m.

My minor rant:

Apparently a "bacterial bloom" due to warm weather resulted in a fish kill at a lake near where my parents live.

Coincidentally, there were also signs about some kind of herbicide in use at every public entrance to the lake. They've had warm water before, they've had fish spawn every year, but they instead had a program where they were paying young dudes to manually remove the millfoil instead of trying to poison it all.

You know what creates a really high bioload that stresses out ecosystems and can cause Columnaris infections? Decaying plant matter.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/15/19 3:47 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

In reply to mtn :

What kind of boat are you selling? How many hours total? 

1998 21' Rinker Captiva 212 (Bowrider). 4.3 Mercruiser. I don't know how many hours total as the battery was dead when I went to take pictures, but in my FIL's ownership since 2007 I'd be shocked if it has 50 hours. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
7/15/19 4:28 p.m.

Wanted to see how much it would cost to add or even just turn on cable outlets in the house.

Have Xfinity.
 

Used chat feature. Got someone who didn't know what coax was. Called. Got someone in SE Asia who didn't know what I was talking about. Tried to call local store; their numbers don't actually go to the store. Tried chat once more, finally got someone who seemed to know what I was talking about.

tl;dr: $70 to "turn on" cable outlets.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/15/19 6:20 p.m.

Waited all damn day for Wally to tell us about his work torture related to the NYC power outage. 

Nothing.  What the hell, man?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/15/19 9:03 p.m.

Two Guys Garage. Upgrading the 4-cylinder turbo Mustang. Sounds like a show I might want to watch. 

It only took 4 minutes for the bald headed guy to get on my nerves.  Stupid show.  

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
7/15/19 9:47 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Waited all damn day for Wally to tell us about his work torture related to the NYC power outage. 

Nothing.  What the hell, man?

he's probably still not home yet due to the outage

wae
wae SuperDork
7/15/19 10:04 p.m.

Apparently a bird got in to the shop.  And tried to go swimming.  And didn't really know how.  That was a pleasant smell...

Either that or my brother needs a nutritionist and to learn how to flush.

Mike
Mike SuperDork
7/15/19 10:35 p.m.
Robbie said:

Mike, just move recently? I thought you lived in Louisiana...

If so, welcome to Chicago!

Thanks, it's been an adjustment!

Torkel
Torkel Reader
7/16/19 7:19 a.m.
wae said:

Apparently a bird got in to the shop.  And tried to go swimming.  And didn't really know how.  That was a pleasant smell...

Either that or my brother needs a nutritionist and to learn how to flush.

I can relate. Our dryer stopped drying. It just ran and ran, without anything inside it getting much less wet. So I started looking for the reason and eventually found a suicidal bird (well... he probably was suicidal. By this time, he was very dead) trapped in the exhaust tube. It had made it all the way thru the piping from the roof, down to the soft tube between the wall and the dryer. I'm glad we are renting this place, because it is just another proof on how poorly it is built.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/16/19 8:50 a.m.

I need to start studying my vehicle registration law or whatever. Went to go register my new truck and was handed another form to get filled out and signed and then come back. Also it would be nice if they would just start accepting a debit card without charging a fee, especially since it's a guessing game trying to figure out how much they're gonna charge me.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
7/16/19 8:51 a.m.
Knurled. said:
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
Knurled. said:

Rant:  I apparently pulled a muscle in my abdomen right over my bladder.  Consequently, I have a constant ache that makes me feel like I have to pee.  All the time.

 

So of course, I ignore it, and don't realize when I actually DO have to pee.  So I find myself going into the bathroom on a regular basis just to make sure.

 

tmi.co.us

Make sure you don't have a bladder infection.  The symptoms sound a lot like that.

No cloudy urine or burning sensation when delivering it, though.  And on Thursday I felt myself prang a muscle in that area when I had to gyrate to do something.  Felt okay after that but that doesn't always mean much.

 

It'll get better or it won't, not much I can do about it for a month or two anyway.  Am at least chugging down cranberry juice, which is supposed to be a dandy urinary tract flushinator.

And it turned out to be a mild case of intestinal logjam.  I'll spare the details  but after eating some bulldozer foods for dinner, I had a very productive morning and feel much better now.

 

Everyone always did tell me I was full of E36 M3.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/16/19 8:52 a.m.

I love being the face of the state thats financially butt berkeleying someone. Always makes mr happy that its "my fault" because im the guy telling you.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/16/19 9:48 a.m.

After getting my hair cut way shorter than usual, I decided to also grow a beard. I'm 2 weeks in and now I'm wondering why I made that decision because I now recall that when I had a beard 3 or 4 years ago, I absolutely hated it. Hated how it felt, hated maintaining it and hated how it looked (I have dark brown hair but for some reason my facial hair comes in with patches of red and gray). But now it'd seem odd if I just shaved it back off.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/16/19 10:07 a.m.
Daylan C said:

I need to start studying my vehicle registration law or whatever. Went to go register my new truck and was handed another form to get filled out and signed and then come back. Also it would be nice if they would just start accepting a debit card without charging a fee, especially since it's a guessing game trying to figure out how much they're gonna charge me.

I can't remeber exactly what it is/was since I've just gotten renewals done at my bank recently, but in Illinois there are things that you HAVE to pay for with a check, and also things that you CAN'T pay for with a check. I remember any time I went to the DMV, I always had exact change in cash for every separate transaction, my checkbook, and the debit/credit cards just because I didn't know what would work and dind't want to go back.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
7/16/19 10:11 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I just stuck my hand into a spinning celing fan taking off my shirt.

I am 5'10. The ceiling in my living room is 6'10. We've had a ceiling fan all my life in the living room, at least once  a week I stillwill catch the blade with my head. I've lived here 25 freaking years!

slowbird
slowbird Reader
7/16/19 7:53 p.m.

The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is, according to the notary I've been dealing with, THREE months behind on getting stuff done (such as sending me the dang title for my car)

How the hell does that even happen?

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
7/16/19 8:04 p.m.

I’ve had a number of untrustworthy farts of late. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UberDork
7/16/19 8:05 p.m.

So many rants... but so tired and don't really have the energy to type them all out.

Show is finally done, and overall went well (though still less attended than she'd like). Most things went off without a hitch, those that didn't were minor problems that ultimately don't matter.

Following 3 days with the in-laws went better than expected, but were still very trying at times. Most notably because, while I generally like all of them and enjoy spending time with them, I still have not really had the chance to just relax and not have to deal with other people. Normally it's just the Dancer, myself, and the dog and there's essentially no drama and we mostly just chill. Having to deal with 5 other people including a first-grader who is scared of the dog, my sister-in-law and mother-in-law bickering about things with said child, the sister-in-law's boyfriend proposing to her, and a very awkward situation involving the step-father-in-law apparently not being able to remember how he proposed to the MIL and her fuming about that meant that I at least did NOT get to relax nearly as much as I would have liked. Frankly I almost need ANOTHER day off of work to recover from what was supposed to be a vacation and time to recover. Top things off with having HORRIBLE acid reflux last night- and no antacids to counter it with- meant I slept horribly last night (even worse than usual given how uncomfortable the bed was.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
7/16/19 8:06 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

After spending 2.5 hours at the DMV just to get my picture taken last friday, I don't doubt it at all. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/16/19 8:42 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Because government. 

1 ... 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 ... 1031
Our Preferred Partners
PMOOlg19ruOc3VBXxwvJnphAPOVECkMhhtMulGdBjBkBG91zPCqlYzEYBvQFwCtZ