1 ... 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 ... 1926
Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/19/19 9:57 a.m.

Sorry to hear Tim.  Here's hoping for some good lap time this weekend.

Also:  Guys, please tell your pets that no new problems are allowed.  This lump in my throat is going to turn into me all out bawling at my desk if one more fur baby falls ill.

Thanks

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/19/19 10:25 a.m.

I'm not sure if I am happy or upset that Max passed while I was at a rallycross.  Not sure how I would have handled it.

Silly little lumps of fur.  Makes your allergies act up just thinking about them.

Knurled.
7/19/19 10:31 a.m.

Rant: this is now the third time I have had to evacuate and vacuum the A/C of the car I am on this morning.  First was to service, second was when charging the Robinaire decided to do a flush instead of a recharge (???), third time was after a proper charge, found one of the service ports decided to stick open.

I got work to do, no time for this E36 M3.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/19/19 10:43 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I'm really sorry to hear that man

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/19/19 11:58 a.m.
mad_machine said:
BoxheadTim said:

In reply to wae :

Sorry to hear that. From what I hear through the grapevine (as I got to get my backside in gear re applying for US citizenship), everything to do with immigration issues takes forever at the moment. 7-12 months for a reply isn't that bad actually. Which of course is pretty bad in and by itself.

friend of mine if from Cologne Germany, he had to get two extensions on his card due to the backlog. He got his new official green card last week

Dang, I forgot about that part. My green card expires next April. I guess I better crack on with that, too, but I can't kick off the renewal process for another few months as I can only renew the card from about 6 months before expiry.

Fortunately I have an unconditional green card (meaning that the card expires, but my status as a permanent resident doesn't) but I see a few extensions of my current GC in the not too distant future. Better make sure I don't have any international travel scheduled between April and when I get the new card.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/19/19 2:27 p.m.

I'll be glad when my wagon runs so I can stop pushing that heavy berkeleyer around the driveway.  Also my hands are burnt from pushing against hot sheet metal now.

I am not a smart man.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
7/19/19 5:32 p.m.

I'm not sure I know how to communicate effectively some days. frown

Hey, how much are the fees?

Me:  It's 271 quarterly for the HOA, and 375 quarterly for maintenance.

Huh, it looks like it doesn't say that.  After doing some additional research, its only 220 a month.  

Me:  No, like I said, it's 271 quarterly for the HOA, and 375 quarterly for maintenance.  It's VERY clearly posted on the community's site.

Ok, I've done more research, and it looks like the maintenance is 375 a year.   30 bucks a month is affordable.

*deep breaths*

Me:  Thanks so much for your help.

Knurled.
7/19/19 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin :

271 + 375, divided by three, comes out to a schosh over 215 per month, so they weren't wrong.  At first, at least.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
7/19/19 5:57 p.m.

They were looking at another area of the community where the HOA fees are 221 a month, so I can't even give them that.

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile Reader
7/19/19 6:21 p.m.

So spent last 4 hours and $650 at the Vet.

Past 2 days she’s been throwing up, not eating and finally today unable to hold any fluids for more the  5 mins.

my pup that’s  1 1/2 and somehow caught parvo. Even though we just took her to Vet in March to get her fully vaccinated......

So now we have to spend our weekend medicating, giving her an actual I.V. , and hope and pray this passes. Scariest part is there isn’t a “cure” so there is slight chance she might not make it.

Top that off the wife and I had plans to celebrate our 5th anniversary this weekend. Hotel has no cancellation policy. So said wtf schedule for different weekend, oh there’s $50 difference for that...

Im done for day and broke, well not enough for cold beer

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
7/19/19 6:24 p.m.

Job searching sucks for trying to be a travel nurse. Looks like I’m blackballed at once place and the pay rate at another is not worth getting out of bed.

Sigh.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/19/19 6:26 p.m.
Mike said:

I am old enough to remember the pain of paying ten dollars for UPS ground shipping, so don't get me wrong here. I set myself up with Amazon Key. Amazon has now missed four promised delivery dates in the past month or so of having the service. Their success rate is under fifty percent. It shows as arriving today, but not out for delivery until around seven at night, when they say it was delayed, and should arrive in the next three days.

I mean...

neverdone
neverdone New Reader
7/19/19 7:40 p.m.

Before you make a decision check that the dog’s bloodwork is ok.  We were at a similar point but then found out it was thyroid related.  Meds cleared up all the issues. Good luck!

wae
wae SuperDork
7/19/19 11:38 p.m.

In reply to Subscriber-unavailabile :

I feel your pain there.  Our Mastiff-boxer mix came from the shelter with that when he was 6 months old.  It's one of those things that you just have to help the dog stay alive long enough for the virus to run its course.  We did sub-q fluids at home and pulled him through but it was his age and size that really kept him alive.

Don't let any puppies in your house, yard, or car for about 8-12 months.  Parvo can survive for a really long time.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/20/19 12:52 a.m.

It took me two hours to hang a cabinet in my garage because the mounting for the cabinet didn't match the spacing of the studs, so I had to add cross braces in between the studs to mount the cabinet into. I decided to allot myself three beers for this process. I am not a heavy drinker- this is like a binge for me.

During the build process, I was swarmed by at least 50 mosquitoes, because somebody left the side door to the garage open all day long and they apparently flew in there to get some shade.

One of the mosquitoes landed in my beer. I drank it anyhow. I'm not letting some thirsty, bloodsucking bitch ruin it for me.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
7/20/19 6:02 a.m.

In reply to Subscriber-unavailabile :

Hoping everything goes well for your dog.  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
7/20/19 6:05 a.m.
neverdone said:

Before you make a decision check that the dog’s bloodwork is ok.  We were at a similar point but then found out it was thyroid related.  Meds cleared up all the issues. Good luck!

Linus is a cat, but thanks for the recommendation.  He’s had a ton of bloodwork in the last year, was diagnosed with kidney disease a little over a year ago.  He’s also got multiple other health issues dating back over ten years, including a bunch of food allergies.  Strange thing is, his sister Lucy has been extremely healthy.

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile Reader
7/20/19 8:20 a.m.

In reply to wae :

Our pup is blue heeler, black lab mix(weird I know) but she’s great dog. Vet told us parvo can live in our yard for up to 10 years. We can beach bomb our yard but it’ll kill it, even though Texas sun doing great job of that! 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
7/20/19 9:36 a.m.

In reply to everyone:

I don’t want to get my hopes up too much, but today, Linus ate all of his breakfast in one setting, which he hasn’t done in at least a week.  I am wondering if some of the drugs we upped the frequency had a delayed effect.  If he’s still got an appetite tomorrow morning, we are going to cancel the visit.  Don’t know yet if we’ll still lose him on Monday, or if we get a few extra days, weeks, or months, but as long as he has an appetite, can keep his food down, and is happy to hang out, we want him around.

wae
wae SuperDork
7/20/19 9:53 a.m.

Here's hoping!

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/20/19 4:55 p.m.

I got my dog some Licks Zen anti anxiety stuff and it appears to be working a bit, he does seem slightly stoned on it and it's stupid spendy imo but worth it if it works

slowbird
slowbird Reader
7/20/19 8:34 p.m.

Spent all day beating my head against a problem for work instead of enjoying my Saturday, and it's still not fixed.

Not sure if I'm too stupid, or if the problem is too obscure.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
7/20/19 8:48 p.m.
Antihero said:

I got my dog some Licks Zen anti anxiety stuff and it appears to be working a bit, he does seem slightly stoned on it and it's stupid spendy imo but worth it if it works

Don't know if they have the same for dogs, but for cats, they make anti-anxiety diffusers.  Refills cost me around $20 or so a month, and do seem to help.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/20/19 9:07 p.m.

Regarding Ghost Adventures and other paranormal shows; I'm reasonably convinced ghosts might be a thing, but I'm 100% certain that these clowns have never found and will never find anything even remotely resembling evidence of a ghost. This crap is way worse than "reality" car shows.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/20/19 9:08 p.m.

I'm pretty sure I finally need to fix the upstairs toilet. The toilet without a shutoff valve, on a line without a shutoff valve, so I have to drain the house first. Yay.

1 ... 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vPrVA2aQr2qoT7mKSnX1NZQTACLYJQRf3V5V6jiWzej1IsvGJACbyxssiS5ztfxr