1 ... 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 ... 1926
Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/9/19 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

Sorry, that sucks. I'm sure it's little consolation, but I  can thank you for the realization that I'd given up prematurely on seeing Endgame in the theater around here. Hopefully going Monday.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/9/19 7:45 p.m.

I went to a baby shower last weekend. I was the lone non Disney cast member there. These are the types of people that wear button up short sleeve shirts and khaki golf shorts on their day off. I'm lucky my shirt didnt say something offensive and was relatively clean. It was easily the most uncomfortable thing I have done since I have moved to Florida. People- under no circumstances does any guy EVER want to go to a baby shower. Swmbo owes me. 

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
8/9/19 8:00 p.m.

I'm not sure what I have done to deserve this.  But I have an especially annoying earworm.  For over a week.

"Rockin Into The Night"  .38 Special.

Rock-in-in-to-the-night
Rockinintothenight...

I am reasonably sure I will never sing this out loud.  Except at the exorcism...

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/9/19 8:38 p.m.
Cooter said:

I'm not sure what I have done to deserve this.  But I have an especially annoying earworm.  For over a week.

"Rockin Into The Night"  .38 Special.

Rock-in-in-to-the-night
Rockinintothenight...

I am reasonably sure I will never sing this out loud.  Except at the exorcism...

Holy Diver does that for me lol

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/9/19 9:45 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I went to a baby shower last weekend. I was the lone non Disney cast member there. These are the types of people that wear button up short sleeve shirts and khaki golf shorts on their day off. I'm lucky my shirt didnt say something offensive and was relatively clean. It was easily the most uncomfortable thing I have done since I have moved to Florida. People- under no circumstances does any guy EVER want to go to a baby shower. Swmbo owes me. 

I’m likely to be wearing khaki shorts and a golf shirt on any given day. I still have no clue why my wife asks me if I want to go to coed wedding showers or baby showers. I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH A SHOWER. 

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
8/10/19 7:09 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Well,.38 Special is gone. Replaced by Unskinny Bop.   

I swear someone must have a voodoo doll and a bunch of bad pop music...

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/19 7:32 a.m.
Cooter said:

In reply to Cooter :

Well,.38 Special is gone. Replaced by Unskinny Bop.   

I swear someone must have a voodoo doll and a bunch of bad pop music...

TIL that hair metal is "pop".

/metal pedant

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
8/10/19 7:48 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/10/19 7:49 a.m.

You haven't touched hell until you've had Eddie Money's Two Tickets to Paradise in your head for a week straight. Not the whole song, just Eddie's half mongoloid pronunciation of "two tickets to pawahdiiiiice" from that old Gieco commercial. Every. Waking. Second.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
8/10/19 7:53 a.m.

Does the duet in "Take Me Home Tonight" count?

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/19 8:02 a.m.
Appleseed said:

You haven't touched hell until you've had Eddie Money's Two Tickets to Paradise in your head for a week straight. Not the whole song, just Eddie's half mongoloid pronunciation of "two tickets to pawahdiiiiice" from that old Gieco commercial. Every. Waking. Second.

Jaws be dropping when they see me squatting

Need to go back to listening to j-pop.  At least the lyrics don't get stuck in my head.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/19 9:21 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

After I read this it got stuck in my head for days.  Enjoy:

It 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/10/19 10:04 a.m.

I've had the chorus to E-40's Choices stuck in my head for a couple days. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/10/19 10:55 a.m.

Headaches can go berkeley themselves. I know the reasons, i know theres not a hell of a lot i can do about it that im not already doing, but im berkeleying sick of them.

wae
wae SuperDork
8/10/19 11:16 a.m.

Canker sores are really irritating.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/10/19 11:21 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Headaches can go berkeley themselves. I know the reasons, i know theres not a hell of a lot i can do about it that im not already doing, but im berkeleying sick of them.

I hear you totally here, and get this.

Try to do something fun to take your mind off it and lower your blood pressure

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/10/19 4:24 p.m.
wae said:

I went from about 8-15 a year to maybe 2 when I switched to toothpaste without SLS - I think Sodium Laurel sulfite. Read the ingredients and avoid it. 

wae
wae SuperDork
8/10/19 4:38 p.m.
mtn said:
wae said:

I went from about 8-15 a year to maybe 2 when I switched to toothpaste without SLS - I think Sodium Laurel sulfite. Read the ingredients and avoid it. 

Really?  I will go check to see if that's in my toothpaste tonight!

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/19 6:12 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
Stefan said:

So much for “date night”

she complains that we don’t do anything together, don’t make time, etc.

so I ask her out earlier in the week, make sure we’ve got a sitter, etc.

2-hours before we’re set to leave?  Oh, since we’re going to brunch tomorrow for my friend’s birthday (that the wife setup without consulting me), can we skip going out tonight?  I mean, did you want to go that movie?

Yes, I did want to go see Avengers: Endgame before it left theaters.

You’re posting this from the theater lobby alone, right?  That’d be my recommendation.

Sigh, nope.

lets just say she was REALLY uncomfortable yesterday and will be for the next 5-7 days.  So since I don’t have those problems, I’ll keep my mouth shut for now and we’ll discuss it a bit more once things calm down.

Torkel
Torkel Reader
8/10/19 6:59 p.m.
Stefan said:
eastsideTim said:
Stefan said:

So much for “date night”

she complains that we don’t do anything together, don’t make time, etc.

so I ask her out earlier in the week, make sure we’ve got a sitter, etc.

2-hours before we’re set to leave?  Oh, since we’re going to brunch tomorrow for my friend’s birthday (that the wife setup without consulting me), can we skip going out tonight?  I mean, did you want to go that movie?

Yes, I did want to go see Avengers: Endgame before it left theaters.

You’re posting this from the theater lobby alone, right?  That’d be my recommendation.

Sigh, nope.

lets just say she was REALLY uncomfortable yesterday and will be for the next 5-7 days.  So since I don’t have those problems, I’ll keep my mouth shut for now and we’ll discuss it a bit more once things calm down.

“I’m sorry, but I really don’t feel ok. You go on without me. Have fun and if it is good, don’t tell me any spoilers.”

Just as a reference, that is how it would have (and has) been delivered from my wife. Not trying to be a dick towards neither you nor your wife. Just making the point that when you are all grown up with kids, jobs and life, you sometimes need to turn down the romantic dream expectancy and turn up the “practicality enabling each other to do fun stuff” approach.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/10/19 7:10 p.m.

Oh FFS... Finally got some combination of workable parts after hitting Napa and the dealer and forcing the not-so-wear-affected old bits back into service after replacing the upper steering column bearing, and...

It's buttery smooth.

Except when chunks of the old bearing apparently land in workings further inside the column than I wanted to go.

I guess it's all coming apart again and then some.

Also, though I know Ford aren't great about past-model support, I'm surprised that Napa was surprised that my F-250 has steering column parts. And a little surprised that even with a VIN not everything from the dealer made any sense.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/19 7:55 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

My shorts are all blue or black but it did wear a nice button down shirt to the lake today. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/11/19 7:30 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Don’t forget King of Queens annoyance.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/11/19 10:02 a.m.

Theres not enough room behind the headlights of a 1960 corvette to actually put normal/available headlight plugs. Of course i learn this AFTER building the headlight harness....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/11/19 7:50 p.m.

I never get cash back at the store. I never use self checkout.  I got cash back at a self checkout.  I left cash at self checkout. 

Somebody had a fun Saturday night.

1 ... 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PTfBHGfHGWAlHbjliFBsaIFfJLH8Pc8bToC7ARui97oF1kRV8ezXx55VGyqw5zQo