1 ... 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 ... 1926
Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/19 9:22 a.m.
Duke said:
Karacticus said:

My wife, the veterinarian, has been gifted with this lovely tissue dispenser. 

Our vet has one of those too.  Orange tabby.

So, someone could collect these!indecision

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/19 12:19 p.m.
Karacticus said:
Duke said:
Karacticus said:

And people wonder why cats hate humans. 

Shouldn't be long before it gets pushed off on the floor. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
8/14/19 12:59 p.m.
Toyman01 said:
Karacticus said:
Duke said:
Karacticus said:

And people wonder why cats hate humans. 

Shouldn't be long before it gets pushed off on the floor. 

Friend of mine has two of these.  Both colors.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/19 1:21 p.m.
Karacticus said:

This belongs in the Minor Win thread.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
8/14/19 1:25 p.m.

I was in a good mood driving home last night and forgot about the construction zone speed camera in the completely vacant construction area.

Ah well, I hope MD uses that 40 bucks better than I would've.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/19 2:53 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
Karacticus said:

This belongs in the Minor Win thread.

Just for completeness, here's all you need to have (or gift) one of your own--

Cat butt tissue holder

Toyman01
8/14/19 4:17 p.m.

Rain is not an emergency. Visibility is well over 2500'. Turn off the berkeleying flashers and mash the berkeleying gas pedal. 

Better yet, if you are so berkeleying terrified, get off the road. Go ahead and crash it into a ditch, then you can use the flashers all you want. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/14/19 4:21 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

OMBG, people with flashers on in bad weather when they're driving with ambient traffic make me froth at the mouth with rage.

We can ALL berking see that it is raining / snowing / whatever.  Now we just can't see it quite as well thanks to your berking flashers.  THAT is the hazard, you moron.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
8/14/19 4:25 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Amen.  During the last hailstorm we had here, there were several people who turned on their four-ways and just parked it in the middle of the highway.  They weren't stopping under an overpass, not pulling off on the shoulder, just stopped right in the MIDDLE of a damn travel lane.  I love driving, but commuting sucks exponentially more with every passing year.  

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/19 7:08 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to Toyman01 :

OMBG, people with flashers on in bad weather when they're driving with ambient traffic make me froth at the mouth with rage.

We can ALL berking see that it is raining / snowing / whatever.  Now we just can't see it quite as well thanks to your berking flashers.  THAT is the hazard, you moron.

The only time I did that.. I was crawling along at 10mph on the Pennsy Turnpike in some of the worst rain I ever saw. The road itself was under about 4 inches of rain as it was coming down too fast to flow off.

As for flashers, I prefer rear fogs instead.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/14/19 8:02 p.m.

Oh I've been got on I65 when it suddenly starts pouring and then everyone just berking slows from 70 to 40. And here I am trying to dodge everyone hoping that whatever poor fool is behind me can see my dark colored car before he hits me as I brake to avoid hitting some shiny happy person in an Altima.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/14/19 8:45 p.m.

Lunchtime “ask me anything” meeting with our department’s VP today.  One of the things he ended up talking about is how important it is to have team members working in the same location.  I’m the only member of my team who is a remote employee.  Wish I’d had the presence of mind at the time to ask him if I should be job hunting.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/19 9:40 p.m.

My insurance policy just renewed. Being in Florida, most insurers only offer a 6 month policy but some have 12 month if you qualify. While I have decent credit, no accidents and no tickets, I do not qualify for a 12 month policy.

I have a 2010 Kia Forte and a 2015 Ford Transit Connect. I have collision/comp on the van because I have a small lien on it but only collision on the Kia.

My premiums just went from $230/month (which is still high) to $460/month.

Full stop. That is 100% unacceptable. I called tonight when I got to work but the CSR could only look at my bill. He saw that the policy renewed and that the premium exploded but could not offer any information as to why. I will have to call back in the morning.

I have been with my insurer for 16 years. I have never had a claim. If they cannot unberk this, I will jump ship immediately. The only loyalty I have is to my wallet.

Yay, insurance shopping! Second only to paying taxes and root canals angry

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/15/19 2:55 a.m.

I went to bed at 8pm because exhausted, stomach hurts, joints ache. It's now 4am and I still haven't fallen asleep yet. Beeeeeeerrrk. And the demon will most likely wake up in 2 more hours. 

Anyone know where I can get chloroform so maybe I can get a good night's sleep for a change? (For me, not the demon)

NickD
NickD PowerDork
8/15/19 5:23 a.m.

There's rumblings of the SCCA chapter I belong to (CNY) merging with another chapter. If they merge with the one chapter (FLR), and that's the most logical one, that'll be the end of me autocrossing. As it is, the CNY events are the closest and are already an hour drive from my house. Any of the other regions, including FLR is a 2 to 2 and a half hour drive to their events. And I have yet to go to an FLR event and come away having enjoyed myself, between low run counts, all sorts of timing issues, and officials who are way too safety-concerned to the point of killing all enjoyment.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/15/19 5:25 a.m.
Tactical Penguin said:

I was in a good mood driving home last night and forgot about the construction zone speed camera in the completely vacant construction area.

Ah well, I hope MD uses that 40 bucks better than I would've.

40 bucks??  I'm surprised they bother with the paperwork.

Toyman01
8/15/19 6:01 a.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

We jump ship every couple of years. There is no loyalty discount in insurance anymore. If you stay with one company too long they keep jacking the rates. Price breaks come from changing insurers, they last a couple of years and then it's time to move to another company. We are about due. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
8/15/19 6:25 a.m.
NickD said:

There's rumblings of the SCCA chapter I belong to (CNY) merging with another chapter. If they merge with the one chapter (FLR), and that's the most logical one, that'll be the end of me autocrossing. As it is, the CNY events are the closest and are already an hour drive from my house. Any of the other regions, including FLR is a 2 to 2 and a half hour drive to their events. And I have yet to go to an FLR event and come away having enjoyed myself, between low run counts, all sorts of timing issues, and officials who are way too safety-concerned to the point of killing all enjoyment.

When I lived there I remember them auto crossing at the mall, that was thirty years ago though. When they first built price chopper the talk was it would move there but that lot doesn’t stand out in my mind as being a good choice. Not sure how long you’ve lived there but I remember watching PC burn not long after it was built. It was a big fire!

NickD
NickD PowerDork
8/15/19 6:49 a.m.
chandler said:
NickD said:

When I lived there I remember them auto crossing at the mall, that was thirty years ago though. When they first built price chopper the talk was it would move there but that lot doesn’t stand out in my mind as being a good choice. Not sure how long you’ve lived there but I remember watching PC burn not long after it was built. It was a big fire!

I don't remember the Price Chopper burning, but I also live in Rome, so it may have missed my notice. CNY stopped running at Shoppingtown a few years ago when they got access to better sites. Currently, all three of the sites we have produce runs in the 60-90 second range, and they are fast courses too, like top of 2nd gear into 3rd gear. Our course designer is an S2000 driver, and he likes to build S2000 courses, very fast and flowing and fun. But a big issue has been that we are running into scheduling conflicts with other chapters and sanctioning bodies. The FLR autocross program, CNY rallycross program and Porsche Club of America and BMWCCA  chapters have all been scheduling events on the same weekend and eroding our attendance, in addition to some poor weather at the first couple events. A couple of our members suggested that all the different heads of different clubs should sit down last winter and work on our schedules together to minimize conflicts, but they blew us all off.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/15/19 6:56 a.m.

A friend of mine is painting his truck a satin metalflake purple. 

He insists on calling it purp. Not purple, but purp.

I want to punch him in the throat every time he does that.

Toyman01
8/15/19 7:01 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Every time he says purp, you say, "Why would you paint your car Poop? That's stupid." Do it every time. He will end up more pissed than you are. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
8/15/19 7:19 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

While his inability to call it the right name is irritating, I applaud his choice in color. Signed, the guy with the purp rollbar.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
8/15/19 7:22 a.m.

summer cold of bubonic proportion.  not enough drugs in the world.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
8/15/19 7:25 a.m.
NickD said:
chandler said:
NickD said:

I don't remember the Price Chopper burning, but I also live in Rome, so it may have missed my notice. CNY stopped running at Shoppingtown a few years ago when they got access to better sites. Currently, all three of the sites we have produce runs in the 60-90 second range, and they are fast courses too, like top of 2nd gear into 3rd gear. Our course designer is an S2000 driver, and he likes to build S2000 courses, very fast and flowing and fun. But a big issue has been that we are running into scheduling conflicts with other chapters and sanctioning bodies. The FLR autocross program, CNY rallycross program and Porsche Club of America and BMWCCA  chapters have all been scheduling events on the same weekend and eroding our attendance, in addition to some poor weather at the first couple events. A couple of our members suggested that all the different heads of different clubs should sit down last winter and work on our schedules together to minimize conflicts, but they blew us all off.

Yes, this was Rome as well. I lived there 84-91

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/15/19 7:27 a.m.
NickD said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

While his inability to call it the right name is irritating, I applaud his choice in color. Signed, the guy with the purp rollbar.

I do too! He just needs punched in the throat so he can no longer speak until he learns to call it PURPLE .

1 ... 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4n0xLrGl4wo9UFgbuBSpdtRY9lqFo6a3yTCX2PxyFqpZLsIaRBB3bzdvk7Vkcqxz