1 ... 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 ... 1059
dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/12/19 10:48 p.m.

I have an adverse reaction too muscle relaxers so my post surgery meds keep me wide awake until 2-3am then I get up at 6 to get my kids off too school. Either I don't take the muscle relaxers and deal with the spasms or I plan for a hard crash were I sleep 12+ hours one day this weekend 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/12/19 11:03 p.m.

Got lit up by hornets. 7 good, fat stings. Got in my shirt and went to town. All the neighbors saw was a deranged nutter running, punching himself in the tits, speaking in tounges.

Enjoy tonight you little sons-a-bitches, because it will be your last.  Scorched Earth.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UberDork
9/13/19 12:03 a.m.

Found out midday today that the last doors we need for the cabin will be ready tomorrow, arrange to take the day off to pick them up (place isn't open outside of normal business hours) and try and get all the trim work finished inside the cabin. Then Saturday we were supposed to go out and take care of the garbage and some other things. Yay!

A few hours later, find out that when the vet took out the dog's stitches from his surgery 2 weeks ago that a portion of the incision opened back up and they had to staple it back shut and he still can't be left alone for long out of concern he'll lick/bite the incision and the staples will come out. Since we'd be gone for so long Saturday between the charity walk we have to go to and then going out to the cabin, the Dancer decides that we should probably not go out Saturday- so I now have to try and take care of the trash (by myself) tomorrow. Thankfully I already had the trailer necessary rented since the Infiniti can't carry the doors on its own.

Earlier this evening she goes to put honey on the incision (at the Vet's orders...) and finds that one of the staples has apparently pulled out and the incision is open and he needs to go in and they need to fix it better or try a different approach. Since she has outreach she can't easily reschedule in the morning, instead of heading out to get the doors as soon as the store opens and to the cabin immediately thereafter I will be taking the dog to the vet at 8:30 and then (hopefully) heading out whenever everything with him is finished up. Meaning that I'm going to be lucky to have the time to take care of the few things that absolutely need the tall ladder I rented, and that I'm probably going to end up running less than one set of finish nails through the cordless nailer I also rented to work on the trim. 

And I also just discovered that there is a cricket behind/under the stove where I can't begin to get to it to catch/kill it. Hopefully we won't be able to hear it very much from the bedroom tonight...

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
9/13/19 3:33 a.m.

Arthritic knee pain waking me up at 4am, can eat a bag of donkey balls

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/13/19 7:41 a.m.

So you make an attempt to give business to a local company, and they let you down.  That sucks.

My car has a broken WS, and last week, I called to make an appointment this morning to have it changed at their facility.  When I got there, they had no idea that I was coming and had to make a call to make sure I would be served.  

I took it there with the expectation that they would be as fast as someone coming to my home or business to do the same work.  If they are not ready by 10am, I have no plans on ever going back to them.

If you are going to put "glass" in the title of your company, you should actually put effort into doing that.  Not treat it like second class work.  The other main company does not do that at all.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
9/13/19 8:05 a.m.

W.T.F.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
9/13/19 8:13 a.m.

The Wife has been having some issues so her neurologist ordered some tests to make sure nothing serious was going wrong.   Usually their assistant calls to tell her the results over the phone.  Today he called and asked us to come in and talk to him on Monday.  It’s going to be a long weekend.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
9/13/19 8:14 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

W.T.F.

Last fall I was driving through TN and saw a Nissan Leaf that had no rear bumper, a smashed in liftgate with no glass, taillamp harnesses dangling off the back with bare bulbs because the taillights were gone, both driver's side doors smashed in, the rear driver's door literally duct-taped shut with plastic where the glass should be, no front bumper, and the LF headlamp completely MIA. How that guy hadn't gotten pulled over and had his car impounded, I have no clue.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/13/19 10:30 a.m.
Wally said:

The Wife has been having some issues so her neurologist ordered some tests to make sure nothing serious was going wrong.   Usually their assistant calls to tell her the results over the phone.  Today he called and asked us to come in and talk to him on Monday.  It’s going to be a long weekend.

Cheebus, you folks need a break.  Best of luck to you both.  I'm pulling for you.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
9/13/19 11:17 a.m.
Wally said:

Here is hoping that it's something as simple as a medication change.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/13/19 12:45 p.m.
alfadriver said:

So you make an attempt to give business to a local company, and they let you down.  That sucks.

My car has a broken WS, and last week, I called to make an appointment this morning to have it changed at their facility.  When I got there, they had no idea that I was coming and had to make a call to make sure I would be served.  

I took it there with the expectation that they would be as fast as someone coming to my home or business to do the same work.  If they are not ready by 10am, I have no plans on ever going back to them.

If you are going to put "glass" in the title of your company, you should actually put effort into doing that.  Not treat it like second class work.  The other main company does not do that at all.

Follow up- while they were nice and all- it's not worth my time to take it to their store and have them not be prepared and then take 2.5 hours to change the glass.  The times I've had someone visit me, they are done within 30m of the appointment time.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
9/13/19 2:51 p.m.

TM’s family (brother and SIL) were supposed to fly in today for her birthday weekend.  Thanks to incredibly slow TSA agents they missed their flight (and hour and a half to fly out of Denver FFS) arriving at the gate just 3 minutes after their flight departed.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' SuperDork
9/13/19 3:09 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

TM’s family (brother and SIL) were supposed to fly in today for her birthday weekend.  Thanks to incredibly slow TSA agents they missed their flight (and hour and a half to fly out of Denver FFS) arriving at the gate just 3 minutes after their flight departed.

Yep, three weeks ago I got stuck in a 1 ½ hour long TSA line while trying to get home from Puerto Rico. I’m not proud of this but I exploited a vertical support pillar that obstructed everyone’s view to cut way the berk ahead in line.

Hey, I was at the airport 3 ½ hours prior to departure but my flight was delayed which was going to cause me to miss my connection so I was put on an earlier flight that was departing in 1 hour…gotta’ do what you gotta’ do.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
9/13/19 4:05 p.m.

Thank You. I’m hoping it’s not too bad but I always expect the worst anyway.  I wish I had her gift for always being positive and cheerful.  It has to be exhausting living with me.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/13/19 7:45 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

I'm in the same boat. I don't know how SWMBO deals with my crap...but she does. There is something in her heart that sees the good in me that I never could.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
9/14/19 7:41 a.m.

Wally, that is a tough way to spend a weekend. 

My rant is less serious. Don’t you hate it when one of those crazy, unexpected and (maybe) unhinged threads comes along and you can think of all sorts of funny things to say in it, but it has already been locked before you could play?

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/14/19 8:12 a.m.
RX Reven' said:

Yep, three weeks ago I got stuck in a 1 ½ hour long TSA line while trying to get home from Puerto Rico.

This is why I don't fly anymore. With my intestinal issues mixed with a mild case of anxiety, an hour and a half line would have me scurrying for the nearest rest room to expell everything I may have ever eaten

wae
wae SuperDork
9/14/19 8:36 a.m.

Coming back from the festival at about 1 this morning with my wife, parents, brother, and one of my daughters in the B.U.T.T., I crested the hill on the two-lane sorta country road we live off of to see a car taking his half out of the middle.  I started scrubbing speed and heading for the far right side of my lane.  The oncoming car also swerved which was a good thought but the execution wasn't quite what you'd hope because the direction of his swerve was towards me instead of back towards his lane.  There's not much of a shoulder on this road, and if I had driven the wife's MZ5 home I think it would have lost its front fascia and maybe bent a control arm, but the B.U.T.T. managed to handle a little impromptu adventure through the ditch and back without too much drama.  When we passed each other he was about 3/4 of the way from the center line to the edge of the road and still nearly sideswiped me.  It was exceptionally close to being a head-on with him doing probably 40-50 and my speed down to about 30.

If you're gonna drive drunk, at least stay in your own damned lane.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/14/19 8:50 a.m.

In reply to wae :

surprise Glad y’all are okay.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
9/14/19 9:05 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

My wife thinks I hate flying.  I actually enjoy it, I hate checkpoints and lines.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
9/14/19 9:32 a.m.

Opposite lock. This term used to mean when you had so much countersteering angle that you reached the max travel. Now it seems to be used by all sorts of people to just mean countersteering in general.

Drives me nuts to hear this misused. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/14/19 11:40 a.m.
Wally said:

In reply to mad_machine :

My wife thinks I hate flying.  I actually enjoy it, I hate checkpoints and lines.

I love flying. 

I hate crashing.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
9/14/19 12:14 p.m.

14 days in jail (with tanning beds and turn down service) and a $30k fine are you berkeleying kidding me? That judge needs to be disbarred.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
9/14/19 12:21 p.m.
RevRico said:

14 days in jail (with tanning beds and turn down service) and a $30k fine are you berkeleying kidding me? That judge needs to be disbarred.

What was the crime?

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
9/14/19 12:24 p.m.
Cotton said:
RevRico said:

What was the crime?

Bribing her kids way into college. Which has gotten people that aren't rich or famous multiple years.

1 ... 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 ... 1059
Our Preferred Partners
jTyk8YEAP44ZbOlQZzhS6J0fYZtNQWmDR3opjifYuSaPronHfY4WztlTt0F3HuVs