1 ... 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 ... 1926
Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
9/14/19 7:47 p.m.

I need to remove a wrap from a 33 foot class A RV.  The RV is a 2002 model and I believe the wrap was put on when new and most of it is not in good condition.  I have a heat gun and a steamer,  which helps,  but this is still going to take a LONG time.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/19 8:56 p.m.

Went from zero to try-not-to-chew-off-an-arm hungry in the space of about ten minutes.  Okay, what in the house is filling and fast?  Made a huge amount of rice, threw a can of tuna on top.  I did waste some seconds to extract the tuna from the can.  Inhaled food, still hungry.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
9/14/19 9:30 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Bagel

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/14/19 9:32 p.m.

Giving up after fighting for over an hour to get 2 bolts out and failing....i hate rusty cars.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/14/19 10:08 p.m.

Ordered 25' of brake line from Amazon. Came home to find the brake line on the porch, sitting on a 3' tall mini fridge. That I didn't order. It was supposed to go to our neighbors a block away. 

Go over to the neighbors' house, rang the doorbell, they refuse to answer the door. (they were home) 

Call Amazon, they refuse to pick the refrigerator up to deliver it to the neighbor. They say I need to "dispose of it".

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
9/14/19 10:13 p.m.
Cooter said:

Ordered 25' of brake line from Amazon. Came home to find the brake line on the porch, sitting on a 3' tall mini fridge. That I didn't order. It was supposed to go to our neighbors a block away. 

Go over to the neighbors' house, rang the doorbell, they refuse to answer the door. (they were home) 

Call Amazon, they refuse to pick the refrigerator up to deliver it to the neighbor. They say I need to "dispose of it".

New game, amazon tag, your it.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/19 10:34 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Minor rant? More like minor win! Free garage beer fridge!

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/14/19 10:43 p.m.

I don't drink.

I'm going to sell it.   I thought about having ComEd recycle it and give me $50, but it is too small for that.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/14/19 10:47 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Sell it as "Dorm/College refrigerator."

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/14/19 10:56 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Yeah.  I'll probably post it in a couple FB car groups I am in.   I don't think it is a particularly good fridge from the reviews I have seen, and it doesn't;t seem to like being moved a bunch.   I'm just afraid someone will think I stole it.  I didn't even want to move it.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
9/14/19 11:07 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

It was left on your porch.... why not just leave it on the correct one whether they answer the door or not?  If you don’t want to carry it over there just leave a note and ask them to come get it.  If they don't do that,  then I’d just give it away or sell it.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/15/19 6:01 a.m.
Cotton said:

In reply to Cooter :

It was left on your porch.... why not just leave it on the correct one whether they answer the door or not?  If you don’t want to carry it over there just leave a note and ask them to come get it.  If they don't do that,  then I’d just give it away or sell it.

This. This seems like the right thing to do, and what i hope myself and my kid would do in your shoes.

I also dont drink. However, i have o e of those fridges in my shop. Full of bottles of water, cans of soda, hard candy, and a block of extra sharp cheddar.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/15/19 8:11 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I always have just brought miss delivered mail and packages to the correct houses, but with a couple crushed discs in my back, I had no interest in lugging a 50+ lb fridge that far and risking ending up flat on my back unable to work for a week or more.  Which is why I walked over there to tell them.     (I came home after 8, and it had been there since noon, according to my step daughter)  Then I called Amazon to ask them to pick it up, they said that "another one had already been sent to the address".    Which is when they told me that I should dispose of it.  They were adamant about "disposing" of it.   I didn't even want to drag it into my house, but it was sitting in front of the door, and I didn't want it stolen.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/19 8:44 a.m.
TRoglodyte said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Bagel

Sleep did the trick.

Woke up feeling good.  Ate two eggs and one large potato (diced and fried, with heavy application of pepper) and went into the massive hunger after eating thing again.

I'm going to start stocking up on V8, whatever is in there makes this go away.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/15/19 11:00 a.m.

I'm having a horrible time getting motivated since doing the berkeleying floors. I've got a list of E36 M3 that needs done as long as my arm, I even have the money to take care of most of it, I just can't get motivated to do any of it since the simplest things turn into multi day stress and swearing events. Best weather for outdoor work I've had all season and nope, can't be bothered to get the chainsaw or the pressure washer out. Really need to replace some puzzle pieces of the floor with a solid piece, 10 minutes one saw cut, nope, can't be bothered. 

When am I motivated? At 330am when I should be asleep. This sit sucks.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/15/19 7:06 p.m.

So I just spend the better part of this afternoon trying to get my nook to check out a book from my library.  Authorise it, download it, re-install, re-start, etc- nothing works.  Kinda sucks to be able to read books from the library only to find out that it really does not support my nook.  

And I'm not getting a new one- as ALL of them are tablets, and I hate reading from them- e-ink or a paper book is all I will spend a lot of time reading.

A google search shows many others with the same frustration.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/15/19 7:18 p.m.

I'm not a woman, so I will never pretend to understand,  but I swear, some women use PMS to act like total, unfiltered , pure shiny happy people, knowing it's expected and that they can get away with it. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/15/19 7:53 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I'm not a woman, so I will never pretend to understand,  but I swear, some women use PMS to act like total, unfiltered , pure shiny happy people, knowing it's expected and that they can get away with it. 

Suck it up, or be prepared to be the biggest asswipe in the whole world.

Unfair, ridiculous, but an unfortunate part of modern society.  Doesn't do them and their aspirations any good, either.

wae
wae SuperDork
9/15/19 9:03 p.m.

I haven't even seen a vegetable since Thursday.  Everything on my body is screaming in agony.  Had about 8 hours of sleep in the last three days.  Got another hour of clean up to do.  I love our parish festival with all my heart but it takes a real toll.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/19 10:32 p.m.

I love getting road raged at.

going to work today I am sitting at a light in my Abarth when two old pasty white guys pull up next to me in a four door hatchback/wagon I don't recognize. 100 yards down the road, both lanes merge into one. So light goes green and I pull away with more vigor than normal so I don't get squeezed out at the merge. Old guys hit it and try to race me to the merge, So I floored it and one of my front wheels squeaked a bit when it hit a dip in the road. Nothing major, it was not like I smoked it...

Anyway, I JUST make the next light with them 4 or 5 lengths behind me. I watched him in the mirror stop, look both ways, and then run the light. As he is catching up to me, I can see him flashing something out the window with his left hand. Next light is the entrance to the AC Expressway, but it is closed for an ironman competition that is using the highway for the bicycling part. He pulls up on my right, flashes me a gold badge and starts yelling at me. I just rolled up the window and ignored him. At the closed entrance to the highway is a state trooper. Mr. pasty white guy pulls forwards to the trooper and then squeezes himself back into line a car ahead of me.

Car ahead of me turns off and I am now behind me rager who is continously flipping me this little gold star like it means anything.

So even if he was a cop, running a red, passing on the right, and speeding while off duty just because I squeaked a tyre?  I am guessing he wasn't because he would have gotten the State Trooper involved if he really wanted to ruin my day.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/15/19 10:46 p.m.

Call it in as impersonating a police officer. Real cops HATE that crap.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
9/16/19 5:34 a.m.

Man, Saturday was a E36 M3 show. Wake up to go racing with the BMWCCA at Pineview Run. Eat breakfast, load up the car, hit the road and get 15 minutes into my drive there and realize I left my helmet at home. Turn around, go back to get my helmet, head back and get there later than I'd like. Getting ready for my first run, I realize I also forgot my magnetic numbers, so I had to make tape numbers and then I go and set the tire pressures and notice that the LR is lower than the other three, but maybe I forgot to air that tire up at the last autocross. Go out, make my run and come back in to check tire pressures and its lower than when I went out. Ugh. Bum a jack and a tire plug kit off someone and put a plug in the tire. Wait around, get ready to make my second run and there is a weird flapping noise under the hood, like a belt coming apart, which has been an issue I've had lately. Pop the hood and the belt looks fine, but I better make sure, so I miss my second run as I tear down the blower drive and find...NOTHING. Put it back together and the sound is gone. Ooookay. Go out and make my third run, pop the hood to cool it down and notice that there is oil weeping out from under the fill cap. Apparently the gasket on the underside of the cap went MIA at some point, so now it weeps oil out from under it at high RPM. Finish the day, head to my friend's house to hang out, pick up a 6-pack of Shock Top, get to his house, open the passenger door and the entire 6-pack falls out onto his driveway and shatters.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/16/19 9:11 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Appleseed said:

Suck it up, or be prepared to be the biggest asswipe in the whole world.

Unfair, ridiculous, but an unfortunate part of modern society.  Doesn't do them and their aspirations any good, either.

PMS is very real.  DW and I used to have a pretty good fight at least every other month for years.  After a while it was every month.  The fact that it was clearly PMS didn't make her emotions any less real.

The worsening PMS turned out to have been caused by steadily growing benign fibroid tumors.  She had a hysterectomy and overnight we went from serious fighting one week out of every month to maybe a couple of times a year.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/16/19 9:24 a.m.

This whole situation with the Dog's surgery recovery is just getting out of hand. 

Surgery was 2 1/2 weeks ago now- the main reason for it, the growth in his mouth, has healed up nicely and is fine. However the incision from where we opted to have them remove a lump on his leg near his 'shoulder' has completely resisted being held shut by anything they could come up with to do so and they've not given up on pulling the skin back together and are going with an 'open wound' healing approach for it. Which is REALLY FORKING GROSS AND SCARY to put it lightly, especially for The Dancer since the Dog is her spoiled baby.

We're really upset about it because it seems like they could have headed this off several weeks ago when we took him in a few days after the surgery and were worried the stitches weren't holding tight and the vet clinic that did the surgery said it was fine and sent us back home only to have several come out the next day and I had to take him to another clinic that was open on the weekend to have them put in staples to try and get it to close back up. 

So now we're approaching 3 weeks since the surgery and still have to watch him like a hawk so he doesn't try and lick the (open) wound or rub it up against things like the couch (we do have a shirt on him so it's not just totally exposed) and at this point have no end in sight for when we will be able to leave him alone normally without having to put the inflatable Donut of Shame around his neck so he can't as easily mess with it while we're gone at work or elsewise.

This has just compounded the other issues- the Dancer's schedule this year despite her trying to scale back on her formal teaching is even more hectic and stressful than in the past, her allergies are worse than ever this year, and there's still a LOT to be figured out and finished on the cabin in general as well as the worries about paying for everything that still needs to be done. We badly need some relief on things... the Dog needs to heal, her allergies need to stop being so bad, and we need the cabin DONE and actually making money instead of hemorrhaging it constantly.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/16/19 11:29 a.m.

I have been taking my 16 year old out so he can practice driving and three times we have been honked at when pulling away from lights or stop signs.  He is learning on a stick and while he is still a little slow to take off sometimes to me it does not seem overly long.  People piss me off a lot of the time.

1 ... 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oJB2DVHVhUraKMlceUA9PIWSUVSvitaQamLZrYq23at0qaStO5IKHkSPJq6tTbiD