1 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 ... 1927
mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/16/19 11:24 p.m.

Cooter, how much do you want for the fridge?

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
9/16/19 11:38 p.m.

What does a (certain) guy have to do to get banned around here?

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/17/19 12:22 a.m.

In reply to JamesMcD :

I think we now know.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
9/17/19 12:36 a.m.

Robbie!

if you have extra magnets, I’d be interested in shrinking our stash by one!

Tried pming you but t got kicked back

jeremy

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
9/17/19 2:31 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

maybe.  Nobody goes here in DC.  But Sunday bottomless mimosa brunchers are going to hell.  Hell.  And then they'll die.

Damn that sounded harsh and I haven't worked one in probably two years. 

Everyone treats waiters like crap.  The ones that don't are only looking for unlicensed therapy.  indecision

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
9/17/19 4:10 a.m.

This one may not be popular..

I walk through an upscale neighborhood on my way into work, big very expensive apartment buildings. Literally everything knee level down is almost constantly saturated with dog urine. Stuff is corroding from it. The few times you see something dry, it's got crystallized residue.

I admit I'm not a dog person, but this has to ping the gross meter to just about anyone.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/19 5:46 a.m.
JamesMcD said:

Open their mouth and wait long enough to get noticed, thankfully.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/17/19 5:49 a.m.
Knurled. said:
JamesMcD said:

Open their mouth and wait long enough to get noticed, thankfully.

I must've missed it. However, i can still post so i know it wasn't me!

Minor rant: the tight underwear i have to wear for ball support after the snipping doesn't have a piss hole. It's uncomfortable to do that piece of buisness standing in them.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
9/17/19 7:51 a.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Powar :

You won't be able to store a Corvette or Viper by parking it sideways in front of the Saabs though.

Totally true. I need another building.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/17/19 8:28 a.m.

On my run out to the cabin over the weekend it became apparent that the exhaust problem on the Infiniti had gotten bad enough that something more permanent needed to be done or I stood the risk of (and I am sadly not exaggerating here) blowing up the car because under the right conditions if the connection came loose it would start to boil the gas in the gas tank

Took it in with the hopes that they could just make a more permanent joing where the original had rusted- but got a call a bit ago that the pipes forward of the resonator were also leaking (which sadly wasn't a HUGE surprise) and the only real thing to do was to replace the resonator and muffler assemblies to the tune of about $400.

Honestly, this rant isn't about the cost- though we REALLY don't need that extra expense right now. It's more that realistically I should be able to replace it myself for roughly half that price (or far less were I willing to take the risk on an exhaust system pulled from a junkyard car) but I just don't have the time to do it and need the Infiniti safely drivable again ASAP.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
9/17/19 8:57 a.m.

Son's doctor wants to switch him to a different med to see if the side effects are lesser. Doc tells us to use up the current meds, and then when it is time for a refill just call and they will prescribe the new meds. Ran out of pills Sunday, call for refill Monday morning. Late Monday afternoon we finally get a call back: the new meds are not covered by our insurance, and we'd have to fork out hundreds a month until insurance starts picking up half the cost...maybe. The kicker? We have Kaiser-Permanante. So the doctor tried to prescribe meds that aren't even covered by our insurance, meanwhile we are out of the meds that were working (and covered). I hate our healthcare system...

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/17/19 9:44 a.m.
jfryjfry said:

Robbie!

if you have extra magnets, I’d be interested in shrinking our stash by one!

Tried pming you but t got kicked back

jeremy

Just tried pming you. Looks like it worked?

Anyway if you didn't get it let me know here.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/19 10:04 a.m.
Apexcarver said:

This one may not be popular..

I walk through an upscale neighborhood on my way into work, big very expensive apartment buildings. Literally everything knee level down is almost constantly saturated with dog urine. Stuff is corroding from it. The few times you see something dry, it's got crystallized residue.

I admit I'm not a dog person, but this has to ping the gross meter to just about anyone.

Sounds like dog pee is the new horse poop.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/17/19 10:14 a.m.
mtn said:

I was going to list it on FB for $120.   The GRM price could be much lower dependent on time wasting potential.  

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/17/19 10:31 a.m.
Cooter said:
mtn said:

I was going to list it on FB for $120.   The GRM price could be much lower dependent on time wasting potential.  

Well, I'll be at Childrens for a memorial service in November, could swing by... but I'd go ahead and list it. I don't really need it.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/17/19 12:00 p.m.

It will be sold well before them.  I don't want it in my way.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/17/19 12:17 p.m.

Yeah I won't be making it out that direction anytime soon. Well, that isn't entirely true as I'll be at Midway a few times, but each time will be at an ungodly hour and I don't want it bad enough to extend my trip at all. I want to go see my wife and dog when I get off the plane. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/19 1:22 p.m.
JamesMcD said:

Daylan C said:

In reply to JamesMcD :

I think we now know.

Saw posts this morning, thought "Who are they talking about, maybe that GarageGorilla guy?"

Then I get up to date on the cracking Ford Edge engine blocks thread, thought "Yep, I guessed right."

ThurdFerguson
ThurdFerguson Reader
9/17/19 2:11 p.m.

Get to work three hours late this morning cause I went to a endocrinology appointment with my daughter.  (She has Type 1 diabetes)  first time at this clinic as she just turned 19 and aged out of the pediatric clinic.  All went well, not the minor rant.

Rant is when I get to work, I no more than change my boots and the fire alarm goes off.  Someone burned up the popcorn maker in the break room.  Three story building reeks of burnt popcorn.  One of the worst smells there is.  My eyes are burning two hours later.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/17/19 2:15 p.m.

In reply to ThurdFerguson :

The smell of cauterized balls is EXACT same as burnt popcorn .

I have now zworn off popcorn .

Torkel
Torkel Reader
9/17/19 2:21 p.m.

How do you go from "I can come right now! I really want that truck" to ignoring all messages (but obviously receiving them) in 2hours?

And why do people just stop answering messages if they change their mind? How berkeleying rude and childish do you have to be to agree to see a seller about a car/truck and then just not show up and ignore all messages? Why not just send a quick line "Sorry, changed my mind - no longer interested"? Is that really too much to ask?

I've lost all hope for the human race. The combined laziness and lack of manners of the average human is just mind blowing.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/19 2:22 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to ThurdFerguson :

The smell of cauterized balls is EXACT same as burnt popcorn .

I have now zworn off popcorn .

This is not a piece of information that I needed. 

Thanks for sharing...surprise

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/17/19 2:53 p.m.
Torkel said:

How do you go from "I can come right now! I really want that truck" to ignoring all messages (but obviously receiving them) in 2hours?

And why do people just stop answering messages if they change their mind? How berkeleying rude and childish do you have to be to agree to see a seller about a car/truck and then just not show up and ignore all messages? Why not just send a quick line "Sorry, changed my mind - no longer interested"? Is that really too much to ask?

I've lost all hope for the human race. The combined laziness and lack of manners of the average human is just mind blowing.

So many times.,,   In fact, a friend of mine just did this to me on my dune buggy.    WHICH I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE FOR SALE.    He asks me what I am doing with it after he took a trip ro Silver Lake.   I ask why.  He tells me he wants it for the dunes.  We go back and forth with me giving him all the info on it, and shooting him a great price.   Then, nothing.   I ask him what is up, and he finally gets back to me telling me that he might buy a vacation house, and he can't do anything with his bank account, yaddayaddayadda.  He'll let me know one way or another within 3 weeks.   3 weeks go by, and nothing.  I see him asking about $20K dune trucks for sale.   He tells me "I think I’m going to pass for now. I need to get something close to finished first.:

What a waste of time.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/17/19 3:01 p.m.

But on the plus side, I listed the fridge, and it was sold and picked up in less than an hour.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/17/19 3:23 p.m.
Cooter said:

But on the plus side, I listed the fridge, and it was sold and picked up in less than an hour.

So on an hourly rate, probably about $90 an hour for the effort that you put forth for it... Nice!

1 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JPjvlOSCLkVbB9wNPBllSS8jBxEAP9xCvXf6OzgHL2lhwr6J6B9kPa40KSomrnYw