1 ... 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 ... 1927
Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/17/19 4:59 p.m.

I just wanted it out of way.   It has easily been $100 worth of aggravation for me, with dealing with Amazon and selling on Marketplace.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/17/19 5:20 p.m.
Powar said:
Daylan C said:

In reply to Powar :

You won't be able to store a Corvette or Viper by parking it sideways in front of the Saabs though.

Totally true. I need another building.

You use your space way more effectively than I do. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/17/19 7:24 p.m.

I've no idea what bit or stung me, but it itches like crazy. Hydro-cortisone to the rescue.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/17/19 7:44 p.m.

Prime video app, why must you make things so difficult? Its bad enough I can't push a button to take me to search from anywhere like with every single other streaming app in existence, but this whole not letting me watch shows over again is really berkeleying annoying. 

Edit: yay, I did it! Had to start through the app on my TV then go back to the Xbox because I don't know how to setup color profiles for different inputs, and the Xbox has the optimal settings already. 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
9/17/19 8:14 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

That don't look so good. It makes me itch.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/19 10:44 p.m.

I had to run the lights for the comedy show at work for the past three days. A super easy gig, but tedious when you have to sit through a couple of days worth of the same jokes. It really sucks when you get a Comedian who tanks big time. The middle of the three was so bad, even the crickets walked out on her.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
9/18/19 12:15 p.m.

Some folks in hollywood are apparently thinking of remaking The Princess Bride. F that and F them. There is a serious shortage of quality coming out of hollywood these days and the last thing we need is for them to tarnish the name of one of the greatest films ever made. Seriously, I know this shouldn't get me all worked up but it has. F those guys. I don't know who is behind it, but I wish bad things on them.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/18/19 12:18 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

I refuse to pay money to watch any remake. Period. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/19 12:32 p.m.
barefootskater said:

Some folks in hollywood are apparently thinking of remaking The Princess Bride. F that and F them. There is a serious shortage of quality coming out of hollywood these days and the last thing we need is for them to tarnishing the name of one of the greatest films ever made. Seriously, I know this shouldn't get me all worked up but it has. F those guys. I don't know who is behind it, but I wish bad things on them.

that is one move that is absolutely perfect as is. Anybody who thinks about remaking it should be forced to dual to the Pain

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
9/18/19 1:00 p.m.
mad_machine said:
barefootskater said:

Some folks in hollywood are apparently thinking of remaking The Princess Bride. F that and F them. There is a serious shortage of quality coming out of hollywood these days and the last thing we need is for them to tarnishing the name of one of the greatest films ever made. Seriously, I know this shouldn't get me all worked up but it has. F those guys. I don't know who is behind it, but I wish bad things on them.

that is one move that is absolutely perfect as is. 

I couldn't have said it better. Bastards can't come up with any good ideas on their own so they gotta wreck something else. Seriously, I cannot think of a single great original movie in the last 5 years. Everything is either a remake or a sequel or some sort of continuation. HOLLYWOOD SUCKS!

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
9/18/19 1:33 p.m.

All I want is a black plastic strip that goes on the back of my door panel to secure it to the door.

That's it.

BMW has a part number for eeeeeeveeryytthhiiinnngg from nuts to bolts to terminals to plugs.

But this one part.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/19/19 11:27 a.m.

I just spilled extremely hot soup on my hands. It hurts a lot.

At least I didn't spill it on my hootus.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
9/19/19 11:54 a.m.

The combination of wheeled luggage, larger carry-on allowances, and self-absorbed, unaware people takes all the fun out of commercial travel for me.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
9/19/19 2:00 p.m.

I have 3 cars. 2 of them are broken. The 2 that both kids will fit in. Therefore, my wife is driving my Miata, and I'm doing dropoff and pickup in a van that periodically decides it only wants to use 3rd gear. 

I have a pile of fun parts for the 3rd car that I was hoping to install this weekend, but instead I'll be trying to fix both the other cars. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
9/19/19 2:07 p.m.
JohnInKansas said:

The combination of wheeled luggage, larger carry-on allowances, and self-absorbed, unaware people takes all the fun out of commercial travel for me.

This past weekend my SIL and BIL were supposed to fly in from Denver to see TM on her birthday.  They arrived at the airport more than 2 hours early and checked their bags and went to stand in the TSA line.  After an hour and 45 minutes they cleared the security colonoscopies and ran to their gate to find that they had missed their flight.  Airline shrugged and gave them the "not our problem" spiel and the TSA doesn't give a E36 M3 either.  So they are just out the cost of the tickets.

Discovered today that a co-worker of mine was recently a TSA screener and I may have hurt her feelings when I explained to her what a useless organization they are.

"But we catch all sorts of contraband"

"Nail clippers and a bottle of berkeleying water aren't a berkeleying threat.  Focus on actually stopping real threats and stop hassling people about E36 M3 that DOES NOT MATTER."

She said that the latest guidelines from the TSA are to arrive at the airport AT LEAST three hours(!!!) before your flight to avoid delays.

Self driving cars can't come soon enough.  And high speed rail.  Flights should be for over oceans ONLY.

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
9/19/19 3:46 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
JohnInKansas said:

This past weekend my SIL and BIL were supposed to fly in from Denver to see TM on her birthday.  They arrived at the airport more than 2 hours early and checked their bags and went to stand in the TSA line.  After an hour and 45 minutes they cleared the security colonoscopies and ran to their gate to find that they had missed their flight.  Airline shrugged and gave them the "not our problem" spiel and the TSA doesn't give a E36 M3 either.  So they are just out the cost of the tickets.

Discovered today that a co-worker of mine was recently a TSA screener and I may have hurt her feelings when I explained to her what a useless organization they are.

"Nail clippers and a bottle of berkeleying water aren't a berkeleying threat.  Focus on actually stopping real threats and stop hassling people about E36 M3 that DOES NOT MATTER."

She said that the latest guidelines from the TSA are to arrive at the airport AT LEAST three hours(!!!) before your flight to avoid delays.

Self driving cars can't come soon enough.  And high speed rail.  Flights should be for over oceans ONLY.

We flew out of Orlando recently. Arrived about 2-1/2 hours before flight. Got to the gate with 12 minutes to spare. I was kinda nervous for a while. TSA kinda hassled us about all the charging cords bundled together.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/19/19 3:50 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

Please tell me that you reminded her that overall the TSA has failed 95% of all tests and trials they've run?

One of the biggest wastes of money in the country with that security theater bullE36 M3.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/19/19 4:02 p.m.

But FREEDOM!  And CHILDREN!  And SECURITY!  And FOREIGNERS!

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/19/19 4:06 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
JohnInKansas said:

Her being a former TSA screening employee, I'm surprised your co-worker was qualified to be able to hold another job.devil

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/19/19 5:07 p.m.

TSA Precheck has been some of the best money I've ever spent, and I said that even before I traveled with some regularity for work. 

I fly Chicago to Orlando frequently. I seldom have any issues at either of the Chicago airports, and my definition of an issue is a security line longer than 15 minutes. Orlando is always a gigantic cluster. Seldom takes very long there either, but when it does, it is the worst. I hate that airport. 

I'm traveling with my coworker next month. He's 26 years old. He's Indian, but has been living in the US since he was 12. He's been a citizen since he was 16 - that is 10 years for those keeping track. I've traveled with him 3 times, and 3 times that I've traveled with him he's been "randomly" selected for a search. Uh huh. Got it. And, here's the real head scratcher, the last time he was TSA precheck. Yup, he went through the background check, paid the money, did the interview, and he still gets pulled out, and he still is asked to take off his shoes. Meanwhile, mtn, pretty white boy from Chicago who looks like he grew up best friends with Theodore Cleaver and Opie Taylor has never been stopped while not having his liquids in a bag, or even caring about the size of my toothpaste tube, or any of that. 

[quasi political statement removed]

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/19 5:25 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Next time your friend's ticket gets printed with the branding (SSS typically), have him use a digital ticket instead.  It won't have the branding and he'll likely skip the lines.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/19/19 7:10 p.m.
Stefan said:

In reply to mtn :

Next time your friend's ticket gets printed with the branding (SSS typically), have him use a digital ticket instead.  It won't have the branding and he'll likely skip the lines.

He does the mobile tickets. It doesn’t have the branding. He gets “randomly” selected while in the line. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/19 8:01 p.m.
JohnInKansas said:

For me, it's commercial travel that takes the fun out of commercial travel. Seldom do you see such a clusterberkeley without .gov at the end of their web address. 

I drove 3400 miles for vacation this past summer because I figured it was going to be more relaxing than trying to fly. I'm pretty sure I was right. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/19/19 8:24 p.m.

Just ordered some Thai at the request of my MIL. I knew when the menu looked like a Chinese restaurant that it wasn’t going to be great, but they had 5 spice levels. I asked them to make it as spicy as possible. Spicier than 5. 

I’m not even sweating. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/19 10:33 p.m.

Just rolled my head slightly and my neck made a noise like the Bones character in Quake 3 make when he/she/it jumped.

1 ... 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qb1TrDzx0yRxRZT4fspQyqvi7hbSvYPVky8TXUV8BNArb39K4lF0UsOEtSeWLhxa