1 ... 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1929
NickD
NickD PowerDork
11/7/19 2:11 p.m.
TheGloriousW said:
NickD said:
Duke said:

im not really buying second ex's hacking story, either.  Sounds to me like she was drunk or depressed last night and then embarrassed this morning. 

Actually, I buy that story, because in her screen shot, there is at least one text that I certainly did not send either. Something really weird is going on there. Interestingly, it would fit the narrative of the conversation, but it's not punctuated or capitalized properly, which is not my usual style. 

I just read a news article that many carriers sent text messages yesterday that were originally sent near Valentine's day and never received. Somehow the delayed messages were all just sent.

Maybe, but I don't even really believe that. The context of these messages doesn't fit people who are currently dating (which is what we would have been at Valentine's Day) but are more like people who have split up and are trying to rekindle things. On paper it seems like it has to be a hack, but usually that's just weird gibberish sentences and suspect URLs. These were coherent sentences that contextually fit what was being said around them.

TheGloriousW
TheGloriousW New Reader
11/7/19 2:14 p.m.
mtn said:
Obviously you want to give your kids every chance you can - and that is why we moved to the school district we live in - but I think most of it comes down to the individuals drive and their parents encouragement.

^ this

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/7/19 4:15 p.m.

Black on black C5Z coming up for sale by a customer.

NOT NOW

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/7/19 5:21 p.m.

Going out and screwing off all day and then *cough-cough* hnnnnnn, I'm sick when you get home and there is work to be done is wearing real berkeleying thin. I will do the heavy lifting in this relationship,  add the weight  and I'll do ALL the lifting. And I'll keep lifting because it's who I am, and how I was built.

And it will kill me.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/7/19 7:42 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Let's be clear my kids are going to public school post kindergarten. They all will be attending a Montessori charter school through  middle school and high school will be public.  My wife is a Montessori nerd. Our school district is pretty good.  It's hard to find a "Bad" one in Minnesota.  

im just torqued that my wife makes less money because she works at this school. We pay for supplies out of our pocket and then I get hit up for more.  In two years it'll be like a $500-600 a month raise( that's the tuition with discount).  

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/7/19 9:11 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I thought I had a pair. There was a box in my closet but someone is hoarding bow ties for our dog in it apparently. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/7/19 9:46 p.m.

I have reached the itching stage with these stitches. 8 to 12 more days to go...

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/19 5:30 a.m.
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/19 6:03 a.m.

Do your berkeleying job people. Is that too much to ask. 

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/8/19 6:15 a.m.

I built my ideal Miata last night on Mazda's site. 

$35k.

God, I'm getting old. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/19 8:48 a.m.

My father is back in the hospital after another seizure. I really wish the man would take his meds. at 71 years old and four episodes now, he should have figured it out.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
11/8/19 9:07 a.m.

Once you have finished gassing up your car, move away from the pump!!!

Filled up at WAWA this morning, 18 pumps, counted at least 12 cars parked, not actively being filled, no one around.

I'd see people fill up, then walk inside, leaving their car blocking the pump, to grab breakfast or whatever.

Just drive to a parking spot on the side or something.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/8/19 9:14 a.m.

So tired lately. I have no motivation for my job any more. Don't want to do anything other than family stuff, hockey related activities, and eat/veg out in front of the tv. Wish I had a job that involved something I enjoyed, but nobody pays you to eat bratwurst or play guitar poorly.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/8/19 10:39 a.m.

Ok you can't do any heavy lifting because of your rotator cuff, but could you at least answer an electricity related text within an hour?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/8/19 11:08 a.m.
johndej said:

Once you have finished gassing up your car, move away from the pump!!!

Filled up at WAWA this morning, 18 pumps, counted at least 12 cars parked, not actively being filled, no one around.

I'd see people fill up, then walk inside, leaving their car blocking the pump, to grab breakfast or whatever.

Just drive to a parking spot on the side or something.

WAWA customers are the worst for that E36 M3.  Makes me long for a beat up pickup with bull bars.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/8/19 11:13 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Back up within an inch of their front bumper. Asshats like that cannot back up to save their lives. I enjoy watching them try.

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
11/8/19 12:55 p.m.

A dusting of slushy rain does not constitute snow, and certainly wasn't worth the town seasoning the roads with salt already. 

Knurled.
11/8/19 12:58 p.m.

Still have screaming headache from having to drive a car with one of those heavily perfumed chemical-warfare air fresheners in the vent.  My clothes still reek of it.  I'm going to be miserable until I can get home and take a shower.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/19 12:58 p.m.
RevRico said:

Ok you can't do any heavy lifting because of your rotator cuff, but could you at least answer an electricity related text within an hour?

Heavy phone?

Knurled.
11/8/19 2:26 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Black on black C5Z coming up for sale by a customer.

NOT NOW

OMG THE BRAKES

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/8/19 5:08 p.m.

I try to talk about what's going on in this house between us, and you make it about me. Are you trying to get me to give up? Because you doing a real good job. This why I don't talk to you about important things. And I'm beginning to not even berkeleying care.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/19 6:32 p.m.

Find perfect job in easy driving distance

Been online just under a week

About to submit resume

Refresh page, job posting expired sad

Second well-matched job this has happened with sad

I'm thinking about hip-shooting a boilerplate resume at these things as soon as I see them now.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
11/8/19 9:40 p.m.

Flying out to Mexico for about 8 days of vacation and sailing.

Weather is thunderstorms for 7 of the 8 days with bad rain. So yeah might just sit on the beach in the rain and gym/yoga every single day.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/8/19 11:25 p.m.

Pretty sure I herniated the disc in my back for the 3rd time in a year. Looks like I need a new career, good news is my skills basically mean counter person at McDonald's at this point. Torn between laughing or depression at this point. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/19 11:50 p.m.

I am so freaking tired of the same jewelry ad running on and on about how many carats you can get with the savings at this place. Enough. Anybody that *has* to have a certain size, mostly worthless rock as part of their marriage is somebody I probably don't want to be in the same room with, let alone married to.

1 ... 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o1LaYXMvfgP4R0WnCPSmN7gK1E9uF7tWUSOISxrJSdzhRTl1ZRmzewkGCS8defJh