1 ... 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 ... 1927
dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/10/19 10:09 p.m.

In reply to Sine_Qua_Non :

That's got to be tough. My sympathies to everyone involved. 

if you ever want to talk about the adhd drugs I've got some opinions. I took them as an adult for about 10 years and I'm not unsympathetic to your son's complaints. I don't take them any more and do not want to, though from time to time I miss them. I put myself on them (meaning, not forced to take them or coerced into it - it was all with doctor monitoring and prescription) and took myself off them. They have their uses but man they take a toll on you. Anyway, enough from me unless you're interested. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/11/19 6:40 a.m.

I didn't realize that today is Veteran's Day until I got to work and the parking garage was a ghost town (I work on a major military installation). Then I realize that after I get into work that I'm an extra on this shift. I'm just scheduled so I can hit 80 hours this week. But I'm salaried contract worker. I also notice that the cafeteria is closed and I didn't bring a lunch today because I can simply grab lunch at the cafeteria.

Can I go home now? indecision

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
11/11/19 7:32 a.m.

Twisted my thumb backwards yesterday pulling a tire off my wife’s car.  Don’t think anything is broken, but it’s still sore and swollen, and kept me from getting more done.  Been icing it on and off.  At least it’ll only slow me down a bit at work today.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/11/19 7:33 a.m.

Im in a foul berkeleying mood. Im pretty sure that i shouldn't answer the phone or emails today.....

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/11/19 9:23 a.m.

Yesterday the hospital had a memorial service for the everyone who had passed away while in their care. Very well done, but emotionally draining of course. Today I found out that an 18 year old hockey player whom I had reffed a few times passed away from a ruptured spleen - no clue if it was a hockey injury, but it probably was. 

Why the hell is life so E36 M3ty? I'm tired of all of this. And today I'm at work doing things I don't care about. To say there is a lack of motivation is an understatement. I have deliverables, but I just don't care about work right now. I just want to be with my wife and dog. But here I am, looking at things that I just don't care about. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/11/19 12:04 p.m.
wae said:

I hate hate hate transmission service.  Would it have killed then to put a freaking drain plug on the pan?  And maybe a little notch in the crossmember where it covers over of the pan bolts?

Yeah, it makes no sense to me that drains on them aren't standard. Sure, ideally you do it rarely enough that it's not truly necessary- but it can't cost THAT much to have the drain, and being able to change the fluid more easily should lead to it being DONE more frequently and longer life.

Every time I've had to pull a transmission pan that doesn't have one on it already, I've put on an aftermarket drain plug and haven't once regretted it...

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/11/19 1:36 p.m.

I hate anything involving gear oil. I filled the 323 and it seems like i spilled a half gallon of redline on the floor in the process.

I ordered some snow tires for the Subaru on Friday and i have the afternoon off today so i was hoping to get them mounted. Only two are delivered, looks like they got separated in transit. I really just need to buy a tire machine already.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/11/19 2:59 p.m.

Apparently a high-schooler on a scooter just rear-ended the Dancer's truck. No damage or injuries, but... how the BERK do you hit a truck with a scooter? And not like 'the truck didn't see me and turned in front of me...', she had slowed down and stopped to make a left turn and the scooter banged into the rear bumper. When I'm on my scooter I'm like 10x more attentive to the traffic around me because I know that if someone isn't paying attention and doesn't see me I could be in a world of hurt so have to make sure I know what everything else is doing.... 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
11/11/19 3:55 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

“High schooler” - my car was hit multiple times in the high school parking lot, when it was just sitting in its parking space.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/11/19 6:51 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I got hit by a high schooler with a shopping cart in the grocery store. They were looking at their phone.

TheGloriousW
TheGloriousW New Reader
11/11/19 8:12 p.m.
Grizz said:

I got the gas lines working on the stove. It is now leaking at the regulator.

I just want to cook a goddamn hamburger.

I cooked hamburgers in an air fryer yesterday. I'm not ranting, it worked out awesomely.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/11/19 9:18 p.m.

I was outside in a T-shirt changing plugs in the Deville at lunch time and now it's snowing. Kentucky weather is annoying.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/11/19 9:32 p.m.

First snow of the year and already 2 fatal car accidents in our small town. Always makes me worry about friends and family who drive home long distances. The latest one was car vs semi with entrapment and the car on fire. Not how I want to go 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/11/19 9:39 p.m.

Came home after work...and didn't do E36 M3. I feel like a failure if I don't smash out 2-3 little projects around the house. I need to remind myself that you need to chill the berk out once in a while.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/11/19 11:25 p.m.
RevRico said:

I couldn't figure out why traffic was so slow today, it was warm and sunny, the Steelers don't play for a while,  but we're doing 25 under? Then it was my turn to get behind her. Expecting an old bluehair who couldn't see over the steering wheel, imagine my surprise when I saw a 20 something woman driving the pooooorly painted malibu. Not only was she on her phone, she had A berkeleyING PUPPY ON HER DASHBOARD. A real life yellow lab pup, laying and rolling around on the dashboard while driving down the highway. 

And of course, in the ranger, nobody could see her until they passed me, so I got to listen to horns and get the finger from a rather long line of vehicles that prevented me from passing her. 

I should just never leave the house, find an online lumberyard, pay the premium just like i would from the online metal shop, and never leave the house. 

An update. While the above quoted berkeleyery was happening on 30 west towards home depot, This goat berkeleyery was happening just past home depot on 30 heading east.

For those that didn't click the link, a herd of goats got loose and blocked traffic.

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/12/19 12:32 a.m.

In reply to dropstep :

Far Northern California.  Indian Boarding Schools were a fact and their echos are still being felt.  I wish it was as simple as saying that the parents made poor decisions.  Some did, but many were simply born into a community that had lost nearly all employment over many years.  Lumber went away, Coast Guard radar station went away, fishing in large part went away.

The nearest town that might have a job was far enough away that they would put most of their minimum wage into their gas tank... assuming they had a car.

wae
wae UltraDork
11/12/19 5:36 a.m.

It's suddenly 30 degrees below bullE36 M3 outside and my head feels like I've been storing it in a vice.

And apparently some time last month, I became an UltraDork and didn't realize it for a couple weeks.  There should be like balloons or something.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
11/12/19 6:28 a.m.
NickD said:

Wow, someone on a grand cosmic level was having a laugh at my expense yesterday. First, my one ex calls me up and says she's in town and wants to get lunch. Okay, I'll be cordial. So, go to lunch where she tells about how great her life with her new boyfriend is, how they have a house up in NH and her photography business is running full-tilt, and she got fired from a job at a coffee shop but got hired at an art gallery for more money the next day. Cool. Yup, my life is still the same from when we last talked 2 years ago. Then, at a little before midnight, I got a couple texts from my other ex that were almost hinting at her wanting to get back together which I guardedly replied to. This morning she texts me, and apparently her phone got hacked or something weird because she didn't send any texts or have them on her phone but got mine. Well, thanks whoever for twisting that knife a little deeper.

Proving my love life is more of a disaster. Had met a girl who was actually local (Seems like everyone is hour and a half away) and attractive and I didn't struggle to converse with. When I met the one ex for lunch, she asked if I'd met anyone and mentioned I was talking to a girl that we had both gone to school with. My ex asks her name and as soon as I say it, her eyes kind of widened and she says "I'm pretty sure she's taken. I'm friends with her boyfriend and I visited him while I was home and it sounded like they were still together." Pulls up his Facebook profile and there are tons of current photos of them together. Later that day she messages me again and goes "I just talked to him and asked a few more direct questions about him and (Name Redacted) were and he says that they're in a committed long-distance relationship, have been for a few year, and he drives 6 hours one way once a month to visit. You might want to avoid this one if you don't like drama. Just don't want to see you get hurt again." This ex isn't a malicious person and really has no reason to lie and seems to be trying to help. The two of us just split up because we're a really bad combination together.

Also been talking to another girl, who seems nice enough, but she lives an hour and a half away, which gets really tiring. And she works some crazy schedule with rotating weekends and swapping between day and night shifts. Plus she says she won't drive anywhere in the snow because she gets anxiety attacks, which is less than ideal when we live in freaking central New York. So, if this were to go anywhere, it sounds like I'd maybe see her once every month or two and I'd always be driving down there. I don't really want that to be the case.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/12/19 8:41 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Came home after work...and didn't do E36 M3. I feel like a failure if I don't smash out 2-3 little projects around the house. I need to remind myself that you need to chill the berk out once in a while.

I'll help:  Appleseed, down time is critically important for intellectual, emotional, and physical wellbeing.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/12/19 8:48 a.m.

My blood pressure has been consistently high. This morning it was 190/100 according to the chiropractor 

Probably not a good thing. Probably contributing to the headaches. And general feeling like E36 M3. 

I called the family doctor.....

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/12/19 10:10 a.m.

So last week I tried to remove my thumb with a 4" hole saw. Went to the hospital, got stitches, went to work. Next day the laziest co-worker we have fell in his house after powdering his feet (he says black socks make his feet sweat) and came in with a small marble sized knot on his eyebrow and a huge bandage on his arm from where he fell against the wall. Wednesday I got called in to do his 10 1/2 hour shift on my day off. Bled through my bandage on all three days.

I would have at least called out Monday, but as this was one of the busiest weeks we do, I did not want to bone my co-workers. The guy who hit his head and lightly abraided his arm took off wed to yesterday and came in with a compression sleeve on his arm talking about his sprained wrist and pulled forearm muscle and how he hated the muscle relaxers he was on for the last 5 days.

I sent him packing to go do comedy, relax, and watch some movies on his computer. I did not have time for his BS anymore, even if it means I have to do more work. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
11/12/19 10:20 a.m.

Truly a minor rant.

I cooked chicken cutlet curry last night. Possibly my favorite dish I cook.

My issue is eating the leftovers for lunch. The chicken no longer has the crunchy texture the fried panko crumbs normally provide, but is instead more of a meh texture thanks to microwaves. I'd buy a cheapo toaster oven, but the new owners of the campus have recently banned anything not provided by them/the company you work for.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
11/12/19 1:14 p.m.

I was looking up early reviews for Ford Vs. Ferrari and most were pretty positive. But I saw one that was tearing into the film for being a "male power fantasy". Uhh, not a fantasy, it's a historical event. It also proceeded to gripe about everyone being a white male. Again, historical event. Sorry that Carroll Shelby wasn't female and Ken Miles wasn't Hispanic, but neither the people involved in the event or the people making the film had any control over that aspect. God, film critics are a pack of berkeleying morons.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
11/12/19 1:26 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Just wait till you see recent BBC historical recreations.They're....interesting. 

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
11/12/19 4:38 p.m.

Berk cancer.  

1 ... 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jpsXlG0tpbxqJ8lZ8MmzN1XqppunjNM8g0KpvSuhScJ06Z6JAoPyKJ2BaBCs1G6I