1 ... 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 ... 1929
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/14/19 4:13 p.m.

Pretty berkeleying far from OK right now.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/14/19 6:24 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased.

Share.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
11/14/19 6:30 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

Not to take the side of the owners but, if they tell anyone before hand, they think the employees will desert like rats from a sinking ship and/or steal everything that's not nailed down.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/14/19 8:36 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Appleseed said:

Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased.

Share.

Man, we're here to do what we can. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/14/19 8:57 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I've had zero fun this year. The new job has compromised that, but I swallowed it because it was nessesary to get this house. No motorcycle trips, no concerts, car shows, even Oshkosh, of which rhe the whole Appkeseed year revolves sucked.

Worked on the house every night after work for 3-5 hours with zero help. It came to the point that I told SWMBO that I will die if you don't help me. 

SWMBO quits her job because of stereotypical office woman vs woman bullE36 M3. Doesn't have a job lined up. I don't make enough to cover everything and we are slowly sinking. No sense of urgency on her part. That was 2 berkeleying months ago. Bring up the topic and I get nothing but blowback. 

There's a kid on the way. Unexpected,  but excited, but there's the whole stress of that. 

Work has and old part-timer passive-aggressively berkeleying with me. Talking E36 M3 behind my back but never the balls to talk to my face. Trying his best to have the boss get rid of me. Other guy can't get it through his head that I'm hearing impaired. I finally said today that for a guy that claims to be deaf in one ear, you don't seem to understand how deafness works. Getting conflicting procedures from both of them on what to do, so I end up looking like a fool who doesn't know what he's doing. It's getting old.

All of it.

I feel like I'm being crushed and no one gives a E36 M3.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/14/19 9:30 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

If you wanna throw some hammers, i have lots of E36 M3 from harbor freight 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/14/19 10:42 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I've dealt with the spouse work thing before myself. Killing myself only to keep drowning. There's two anecdotes I can tell you about that. One was the time I flat out looked at her and told her she needed to figure her E36 M3 out and go the berkeley back to work because we couldn't keep doing this E36 M3 (again. And again. I probably did this 5 times). And the other part is where she is now my ex wife, and out of work, and doing her same E36 M3 to the new guy, with a whole new baby to berkeley up. 

I'm not saying this is you. I really hope it's not. But, I fell you. 

The work thing. I'm there too, with the same old guy. I actually did...just about the same thing. Looked at my supervisors and said handle this E36 M3 or I'm going to. Now I don't know your reputation at your job- but I knew what mine was at mine, and I know they aren't exactly willing to fire me. So, it's getting handled. 

Now in both situations, I was perfectly ready for it all to blow back on me. I was waiting to get fired. I was pretty sure my ex was going to start threatening me with divorce. (She didn't. That was later) sometimes you have to be willing to set fire to it before people believe you're not screwing around. 

Now the last one- you. I've said this before and I'll say it again, you are absolutely and 100% the most important person in your life. The fun thing, you need to berkeleyin do it. It doesn't matter if it's 5 minutes locked in a closet watching YouTube that you like, going for a walk, having a booze, or hopping on your ride for a trip around the block, you need to take care of you. I swear you're writing about me for a lot of this- and I'm just getting back from a pennywise show. I'm gonna regret it tomorrow. But it needs to happen before I choke a bitch and throw the remains in a paint shaker. You need it too. 

On the real though- if you need to bounce something off someone, get at me. I've walked your path. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
11/15/19 7:22 a.m.

My wife thinks that the absolute minimal effort should be applied to work. As in you should do the least amount possible to stay employed.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
11/15/19 8:20 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Tbh, I wish my wife was like that. Instead, she works herself to death.

(not) WilD (Matt)
(not) WilD (Matt) Dork
11/15/19 8:45 a.m.
FuzzWuzzy said:

Same.  I tell my wife she cares waaaay too much.  She internalizes everything and drives herself nuts.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/15/19 8:59 a.m.
(not) WilD (Matt) said:
FuzzWuzzy said:

Same.  I tell my wife she cares waaaay too much.  She internalizes everything and drives herself nuts.

Oddly enough, that's the problem I've run into with swmbo 2.0. She's a workaholic. I keep telling her that she needs to not kill herself all the time. But at least the bills are paid. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
11/15/19 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Mine pays her bills on time, which is great.

Now only if I could get her to actually start saving for some sort of a retirement fund...

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
11/15/19 10:37 a.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

A little context. She's talking about me. She is a stay at home mom. She resents me for working 7:30-5 with occasional late evenings. She thinks I should work 9-3 every day. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/15/19 11:46 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

A little context. She's talking about me. She is a stay at home mom. She resents me for working 7:30-5 with occasional late evenings. She thinks I should work 9-3 every day. 

Was she raised by school teachers?

(Sits back and waits for outrage...)

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/15/19 12:19 p.m.

I'd work 9-3 every day if I could. I don't think my boss would like it though cheeky

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
11/15/19 12:31 p.m.

But 7:30-5 is pretty normal....9-3 would be great, but that's part-time hours which means little to no benefits while taking a huge hit in pay.

Hell, if I could find a job that pays the same but does 9-3, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/15/19 12:33 p.m.
FuzzWuzzy said:

But 7:30-5 is pretty normal....9-3 would be great, but that's part-time hours which means little to no benefits while taking a huge hit in pay.

Hell, if I could find a job that pays the same but does 9-3, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Have you considered the lucrative field of daytime gigolo?

(not) WilD (Matt)
(not) WilD (Matt) Dork
11/15/19 1:36 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

Ironically, my wife is a teacher, and I'm the one telling her to work less.  She is working, or stressing about work, 24/7 and makes about 40% as much money as I do.  She needs to cut way back on the time she spends on it, and stop buying all those classroom supplies.  At least she receives a good amount of vacation even if she doesn't have any choice of when she gets it.  cheeky

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/15/19 2:23 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

You know how I know you're an shiny happy person?

Thinking like this. 

Unless you're purposely baiting people because you know damned well how hard most teachers work and how little they get paid.  In which case, you're still an shiny happy person.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/15/19 2:25 p.m.

One of the 4 year old little piss ants at my kids school choked my daughter out today after lunch. According to the teachers, surprisingly, my child did nothing wrong. There's already been a fight in the parking lot between parents once this year, and I really don't wanna be the guy that causes a second one, but I'm having a real hard time not wanting to beat the kids dad's ass in front of the kid.

Clearly I'm growing as a person, because young Rico would already be at their house, and I think that's the actual rant, that I'm trying to do the adult thing instead of the instinctual thing.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/15/19 7:49 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

I run my own company and work 6 hour days whenever possible. Why? Because I berkeleying can!

Mostly because my crew is efficient and gets an 8 hour work day done in 6 hours really but still.....life is too short to work forever

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/15/19 8:12 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I feel like I'm being crushed and no one gives a E36 M3.

Trust me, we give a E36 M3. Unfortunately that's of limited usefulness because we're here and you're there.  I don't know you or your details but feel free to email me any time. Wil4ds AT gmale. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
11/15/19 8:48 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

My wife is a stay in bed mom and doesn't mind me working 10-12 hour days.  

jwagner
jwagner New Reader
11/16/19 9:18 p.m.

In reply to (not) WilD (Matt) :

Yep.  I'm living with a teacher that works many more hours in a week than I, including a full day on the weekends for grading and planning and the like, also makes about 40% of what I do, and cares way too much about what she does.  On a yearly basis, I figure she works about 5% fewer hours than I even with the approx. 6 weeks off in the summer, and is under constant stress.  I think she needs a new career.  Not only is it a crap job, it gets no respect.

TheGloriousW
TheGloriousW New Reader
11/16/19 11:43 p.m.
jwagner said:

In reply to (not) WilD (Matt) :

Yep.  I'm living with a teacher that works many more hours in a week than I, including a full day on the weekends for grading and planning and the like, also makes about 40% of what I do, and cares way too much about what she does.  On a yearly basis, I figure she works about 5% fewer hours than I even with the approx. 6 weeks off in the summer, and is under constant stress.  I think she needs a new career.  Not only is it a crap job, it gets no respect.

Werd. I was like how about watching our kid's soccer game instead of grading berkeleying papers. And if I hear any more E36 M3 about lesson plans on a Sunday afternoon I might just jump off. And exactly why do we buy hundredS of dollars worth of children's books every year? Why is it that some berkeleying parent wants to meet with you after school every other day? Yes, I understand, you need to take this course to become a better teacher, Ok we will find the money. And on and on and on...

1 ... 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kjVkTvTx5HF4XpTCcxwkeqQNauiY5JedXmtc05auSTktUkFo0le1Vo8LkcOdag7U