1 ... 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 ... 1926
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/11/20 2:04 p.m.

Just got back from the bike store. I have a big berkeleyin head and even the special ordered shadow helmet in size xxl was too small. I believe a 3 would do it, but no one makes that. I may have to go non-cert protec to get one. It's hard out here for a pimp. 

Rodan
Rodan Dork
2/11/20 3:56 p.m.

I don't have any problem paying a little more to a local brick/mortar shop, especially if it's in stock.  In fact I've done it, a lot.

This is a bit different because the local dealer wants over list price for it, and the outlet who got my money is also a brick/mortar dealer here in AZ.  The same dealer I bought my truck from because the local dealer refused to accept that they have competition in the market place.  Literally the same, identical 2017 truck on both lots.  $5k less on the truck, and $2k more on my trade from the dealer in Phoenix.  Their response when I showed them the ad at the cheaper price was "that's bullE36 M3, you'll never buy it for that".   

I haven't even started on how bad their service department is yet...

Next time, they probably won't even get the chance to make a sale.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/11/20 4:39 p.m.

I walked into Lowes to buy an electric impact wrench. Of course, I couldn't find the one I wanted. So, I found two employees helping 2-3 customers. One employee started to walk off so I asked him if someone could help me. He said "Sure, ask him when he's done with those customers". angry After 10 minutes I find the set I wanted on my own. Well, I found the hole where it belonged. OK, change of plans. I decided to get the 20V model instead of the 12v model. It was only marked $20 more on the shelf, but I'd need to buy a battery. It took me another 5 minutes to find and figure out that I had to grab a tag to bring to the register for the battery. I bring it to the front and the lady tells me that someone will have to help me get it from the tool department. angry While she's waiting for help I asked her to check the price on the wrench and it's $70 more than the original set. angry I decided to check Amazon and it's only $15 more there and the batteries are $25 less. See ya Lowe's! Kiss my hairy white @$$!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/11/20 5:20 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

That's one of those times you go back and show it to them.  

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/20 5:52 p.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

"Ask him when he's done helping those customers" means "I have had to E36 M3 for the last ten minutes, GTG"

Today's minor rant:  Wasted about a half hour of prepaid cell phone minutes on hold with a conference call that as far as I am concerned has never materialized.

Knurled.
2/11/20 6:21 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Today's minor rant:  Wasted about a half hour of prepaid cell phone minutes on hold with a conference call that as far as I am concerned has never materialized.

HEY YOU BERKING DUMBASS!!!!1  7pm Central is 8pm Eastern not 6pm Eastern!

Now go eat some food!  Clearly you need it!

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/20 7:16 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to Rodan :

That's one of those times you go back and show it to them.  

I have done that. I stopped by the Chevy dealer with the ass hole GM to show them the Ford I bought instead. That was the first of 5 Econolines I've owned. 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/12/20 8:47 a.m.

My companion for the next 8 weeks. 

Arthritis is no fun

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
2/12/20 9:30 a.m.

Why does no one in Kansas want to buy an E30?

Why are the offers I get laughable? Such as, "Will you take a dirt bike?" or "Will you take $400? That's all it's worth." Neither of those are negotiating

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/12/20 10:09 a.m.

Its time for me to change back to night shift. My work schedule is supposed to change every month but since the turnover rate is horrific, that rarely happens. We work the Panama schedule so it's really not 30 days on one shift.

I usually transition shifts on during a 3 day off period in the schedule but personnel have been moved around to even out the two teams.

Now I'm stuck transitioning shifts during a 2 day off period which sucks donkey hootus. The past two nights I have tried to stay up to at least 6am but have been falling asleep at around 3am. I woke up at 11am and have to work tonight 7pm to 7am.

I'm really beginning to hate this job. The berkeleying horrible office politics, the micromanaging GS13 program manager and the terrible shift work are all taking their toll.

I know of at least 5 people actively looking for other jobs. 6 if you count me. It's getting bad.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/12/20 10:24 a.m.
FuzzWuzzy said:

Why are the offers I get laughable? Such as, "Will you take a dirt bike?" or "Will you take $400? That's all it's worth." Neither of those are negotiating

Uh, yeah, hey man.  Would you take $500 then?

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
2/12/20 10:44 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Now that's a tempting offer. 

I'm just gonna throw it up on eBay starting at $1200 and whatever happens, happens. I'll probably have to lower it down to an even 1k and hope for the best haha.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
2/12/20 10:49 a.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

How about $550 and you ship it to NY?

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/12/20 11:28 a.m.

My cousin  apparently posts on FB just for the drama.  She has been having job, financial and car trouble and I offer help in those situations and I'm constantly ignored.

For example:  her 02 Mustang loses an alternator (and probably the battery as well), so I offer to lend a hand by picking one up at a parts store and changing it out.  No expectation of payment or anything, just trying to use my skills to help someone who is in a tough spot and needs their car for work and paying for a tow/service shop would make their finances worse.  Just get a thanks in reply and no further feedback.

Later there are posts moaning about wanting to go get food but not having transport, etc.

Lady, you could have had your car back within a couple of hours if you'd taken my offer.  I won't touch buying junkfood with your slim finances as I understand how depression works all too well.

Fast forward a week and there are posts about getting the car back from the shop, more financial woes, etc.

Now she's had a tire come apart, so again I offer to help by taking the wheel off and hitting a used tire place to keep her moving until she can replace all 4.  I explain tire aging to her and that she should be aware of the signs of concern in case the other 3 are in similar shape.  She replies with acknowledgement of the plan, but nothing further.

I'm at the point where I want to sit her down and explain that she's young and struggling so if someone offers an unconditional hand-up, berkeleying take it or eventually they'll stop offering help and you'll wonder where they were when you were drowning.  I certainly needed help when I was her age, even though I could work on my own vehicles, I still needed help with rides, etc.  I mean I dislike much of my family, so if I make an effort to befriend you and try to help, it isn't because I feel obligated.

I know, I know, you can lead a horse to water and all that, but if the horse is already drowning wouldn't it make sense to get some help?

berkeleying askholes and drama lovers are just irritating.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/12/20 11:34 a.m.
FuzzWuzzy said:

Even you have to admit that the only people driving BMWs in Kansas are not at all interested in a 30-year-old one.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
2/12/20 11:50 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Sadly, it's true. 

Might bite the bullet and take the kid with the manual Izuzu Trooper up on his offer. Maybe it'll be easier to sell that thing.

Edit: Nvm. Looks like he's having trouble selling that thing as well haha.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/12/20 11:54 a.m.
Duke said:
FuzzWuzzy said:

Even you have to admit that the only people driving BMWs in Kansas are not at all interested in a 30-year-old one.

Yeah, those folks who just won the superbowl. Right? 

Wait, did that cross the politics line?

dinger
dinger Reader
2/12/20 3:16 p.m.
Stefan said:

My cousin  apparently posts on FB just for the drama.  She has been having job, financial and car trouble and I offer help in those situations and I'm constantly ignored.

For example:  her 02 Mustang loses an alternator (and probably the battery as well), so I offer to lend a hand by picking one up at a parts store and changing it out.  No expectation of payment or anything, just trying to use my skills to help someone who is in a tough spot and needs their car for work and paying for a tow/service shop would make their finances worse.  Just get a thanks in reply and no further feedback.

Later there are posts moaning about wanting to go get food but not having transport, etc.

Lady, you could have had your car back within a couple of hours if you'd taken my offer.  I won't touch buying junkfood with your slim finances as I understand how depression works all too well.

Fast forward a week and there are posts about getting the car back from the shop, more financial woes, etc.

Now she's had a tire come apart, so again I offer to help by taking the wheel off and hitting a used tire place to keep her moving until she can replace all 4.  I explain tire aging to her and that she should be aware of the signs of concern in case the other 3 are in similar shape.  She replies with acknowledgement of the plan, but nothing further.

I'm at the point where I want to sit her down and explain that she's young and struggling so if someone offers an unconditional hand-up, berkeleying take it or eventually they'll stop offering help and you'll wonder where they were when you were drowning.  I certainly needed help when I was her age, even though I could work on my own vehicles, I still needed help with rides, etc.  I mean I dislike much of my family, so if I make an effort to befriend you and try to help, it isn't because I feel obligated.

I know, I know, you can lead a horse to water and all that, but if the horse is already drowning wouldn't it make sense to get some help?

berkeleying askholes and drama lovers are just irritating.

Reading this reminds me of my favorite insprirational quote.

"Everything happens for a reason, and sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions."

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
2/12/20 4:17 p.m.

Posted E30 to eBay. Probably won't sell, but that's not the current rant.

Five years you've been doing this position, yet you're still unable to do the basics that this position requires. How the hell do you still have a job when I've been picking up the slack because you either don't know what you're doing (somehow) or just ignore calls.

Something tells me you would've failed to get this equipment online (after you've tried for a couple days or so now) and blame the installer when higher starts asking questions. Yet I took 2 minutes to look at it and saw both reasons why.

Pitiful.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/12/20 5:15 p.m.
FuzzWuzzy said:

$575 and a bitchin Interstellar Sledgehammer sticker?

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/12/20 5:17 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

I have a friend that's much the same.....it's berkeleying annoying.

Some people like to wallow in misery

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/12/20 5:37 p.m.
Antihero said:

In reply to Stefan :

I have a friend that's much the same.....it's berkeleying annoying.

Sone people like to wallow in misery

It is, it truly is.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/12/20 6:01 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

Its time for me to change back to night shift. My work schedule is supposed to change every month but since the turnover rate is horrific, that rarely happens. We work the Panama schedule so it's really not 30 days on one shift.

I usually transition shifts on during a 3 day off period in the schedule but personnel have been moved around to even out the two teams.

Now I'm stuck transitioning shifts during a 2 day off period which sucks donkey hootus. The past two nights I have tried to stay up to at least 6am but have been falling asleep at around 3am. I woke up at 11am and have to work tonight 7pm to 7am.

I'm really beginning to hate this job. The berkeleying horrible office politics, the micromanaging GS13 program manager and the terrible shift work are all taking their toll.

I know of at least 5 people actively looking for other jobs. 6 if you count me. It's getting bad.

Yep, almost all of 2019 was get up at 2:00 AM on Monday, fly out and fly back on Friday night hitting my door at 2:00 AM or 3:00 AM (depending on the time zone I was coming from) on Saturday morning…rinse and repeat…rinse and repeat.

Throw in eight “hard” weeks where front door to hotel door transit time was up to forty hours…no typo, Los Angeles > Hong Kong > Penang = 40 berking hours.

Fun fact - extreme, prolonged sleep deprivation causes significant weight loss.

Lost 34.5 Lbs. (16.24% of my body mass) without even trying.

Knurled.
2/12/20 6:36 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

I started gaining weight when I discovered that eating something helps me stay awake.  So, I guess sometimes there's a catch?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/12/20 6:44 p.m.

Now that i sleep, and quit smoking, i put on 40lb.

Sucks. May need to quit/restart to lose it.....

1 ... 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NXgbBxseIxOxka42IVYYbSjPS6iVVYIQEM6e9hKKIU5gaF7pyaS5wgpXa4iGSkYG