1 ... 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 ... 1927
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/12/20 7:16 p.m.

I have never seen THX-1138, and probably will never be able to sit still long enough to watch it and appreciate it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/12/20 7:53 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Weird. I was just about to make a similar THX-1138 post.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/12/20 7:55 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

That's why I'm not looking forward to quitting. Already yoyoing 15lbs and trying to lose another 30, I don't see quitting helping that at all.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/12/20 7:57 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

It won't.  The real bitch of it is is that food tastes soooo much better aftwewards. And i always have a hankering for a taste of something now....

But i gotta be around for the kiddo. Damn near lost a lung. So....

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/12/20 8:39 p.m.

I told myself I'd lose 20 pounds after my heart surgery last spring.  I'm only 35 pounds away from my goal.  

And I'm not misbehaving.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/12/20 9:26 p.m.
Knurled. said:

I have never seen THX-1138, and probably will never be able to sit still long enough to watch it and appreciate it.

I've seen it. It's good in many ways. Worth sitting still for. YouTube the chase scene from it, if nothing else.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/13/20 9:37 a.m.

Why on earth do news (and other) websites think it's a good idea to have completely unrelated videos auto-playing in popups or inline with an article? I'm reading an obituary and an article about how cute some AI bot is starts playing. I don't think you're a good web site any more. It's nothing I'm interested in, and it's nothing anyone wants to watch WHILE ALREADY READING an article on your site!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
2/13/20 9:46 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

It sucks and I 100% agree with you.  Unfortunately by getting upset about it and posting it's already succeeded at it's intention of engaging you.  

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
2/13/20 10:09 a.m.

My new response to the perpetual Facebook  Marketplace "negotiating" question of "what's the least you will take" is now "depends, what's the most you will pay?"

wae
wae UltraDork
2/13/20 10:14 a.m.
Saron81 said:

My new response to the perpetual Facebook  Marketplace "negotiating" question of "what's the least you will take" is now "depends, what's the most you will pay?"

I like to be slightly more condescending and respond with "I'm not in the habit of negotiating against myself, but I'm willing to entertain any reasonable offers!"

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/13/20 10:16 a.m.
wae said:
Saron81 said:

I like to be slightly more condescending and respond with "I'm not in the habit of negotiating against myself, but I'm willing to entertain any reasonable offers!"

I usually just say, "Until you come see it in person, you're looking at the least I will take."

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
2/13/20 10:19 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I like that too!

Powar
Powar UltraDork
2/13/20 1:21 p.m.

I never wanted chickens. My wife wanted chickens.

So obviously, we got chickens. 

They were cute when they were little. Some of them still are, I guess. I'll admit I enjoy messing with them sometimes, and I do my share to keep them happy and healthy because that's what you do when you're responsible for something.

From the very beginning, one of them liked me and I liked it. Out of the 30+ that we've had, she was mine. She got special treats and liked sitting on my lap or being carried around the property to see what I was doing. She was the ambassador when we introduced friends and family to this weird hobby farm that we've apparently started. I never thought I'd care about a particular chicken, but I did. Now I wish I hadn't. She was dead in the coop this morning. No obvious injuries... Just some sort of failure to thrive.

This eats E36 M3, and now I'm back to not wanting chickens. We have a new puppy, a baby on the way, a ton of other E36 M3 that actually matters happening in our lives, but I'm sad about a dead chicken and feeling weird about being sad about it in the first place.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/20 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Powar :

To quote the recent Disney movie frozen 2:

"You feel what you feel and your feelings are real."

Your feelings make you you. Don't feel bad about what they are!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/20 1:29 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Now that i sleep, and quit smoking, i put on 40lb.

Sucks. May need to quit/restart to lose it.....

Damn dude. It's still a positive change though! A little better every day is much better than trying to be 100% better overnight.

Knurled.
2/13/20 5:07 p.m.

I have a lot of potato.  I have some onion.  I have some carrot.  I have some celery.  I have a very sharp knife.  I have some cast iron pans that I was able to salvage and reseason.  I want to make food.

What I cannot FIND is the cutting board I got at the OVR SCCA banquet.

I mean, there's like seven cutting boards, but where is the OVR one???

Knurled.
2/13/20 5:22 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Well, I'm pretty sure you're an alternate universe me, or vice versa, or something.

Do you have a goatee?  The one with a goatee is from the evil uniiverse, TV told me so and TV is never wrong.

Knurled.
2/13/20 5:27 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to RevRico :

It won't.  The real bitch of it is is that food tastes soooo much better aftwewards.

I quit long enough ago that I don't even remember.  Five years?  Six?

Still waiting for food to taste better.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/20 5:37 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to RevRico :

It won't.  The real bitch of it is is that food tastes soooo much better aftwewards.

I quit long enough ago that I don't even remember.  Five years?  Six?

Still waiting for food to taste better.

I quit 6 weeks ago, still haven't noticed food tasting any better. It has always tasted fantastic. 

I was reminded that I need to cut some shot glass holders in my OVR cutting board. And buy shot glasses...

Knurled.
2/13/20 6:06 p.m.

edited for TMI-ity

I like foods that have strong flavors for a reason....

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/20 7:10 p.m.

I quit 6-7 years ago. Food has always tasted wonderful. Probably why I'm over 300 pounds. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/13/20 7:54 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Well, I'm pretty sure you're an alternate universe me, or vice versa, or something.

Do you have a goatee?  The one with a goatee is from the evil uniiverse, TV told me so and TV is never wrong.

Goatee?

(grabs chin)

BERK! I'm the evil one!

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/13/20 8:05 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I promise it's worth watching!

err let's try this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/13/20 9:44 p.m.

In reply to Powar :

You'll never look at those Costco rotisserie chickens the same way again.  

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/14/20 9:43 a.m.

Reading through a discussion thread elsewhere this morning somebody made a joke about preferring a Junior HS production of Jesus Christ Superstar to the topic of discussion. Aaaaand now I have the main refrain from JCS stuck in my head...

1 ... 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kPS5bDt9dyZcSWNciYvBcHE9hmIKU1keIME1G3f2nrM3PGGdromxhkg8Pw2PSsCK