1 ... 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 ... 1930
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/19/20 7:57 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
Mndsm said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Dunno. But wanna hear me bitch about hemorrhoids?

Why not. It's apparently job to fix everyone's defective berkeleyin blowholes, why not your

You know what I do for a living.  Remember, an occasional bag of piss sucks less....

And hemorrhoids SUCK. 

I'm pretty sure I've met your customer base. On obt. Karate fighting my stop signs. 

jwagner
jwagner Reader
2/19/20 9:10 p.m.

Was sitting in the local grocery store parking lot yesterday, peacefully eating my hot bar lunch out of a clamshell container and enjoying my two for a buck Kroger purified water.  Woman, and not an old person, gets into the Expedition to the right of me.  Starts the engine and sits there for a while.  Starts to slowly back up, gets about halfway out of the spot and we hear somebody honking furiously behind us.  She stops.  Pauses about two seconds.  Then proceeds to back up into the honking Tahoe sitting DIRECTLY BEHIND her.  Thud.  Drivers get out and start walking around their SUVs looking at the damage. 

WTF is wrong with some people?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/19/20 9:48 p.m.

My sister-in-law is all over this coronavirus and all the conspiracy theories.   She tells my wife these stories then I gotta hear them.  

really? Government camps I'll be sent to?Have to stay home?   Start stocking up on food and water? 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/20 4:21 p.m.

Crap. So there's either some confusion going on at my end as to how much money gets withheld for taxes from my stock-based compensation, I'm missing some paperwork or our new CPA is a bit confused. I don't think it's the latter as she seems pretty competent and does a fair amount of work for the small businesses around here.

I knew we were going to owe some extra Federal and state income taxes, but low five figures over and above the pile of taxes we already paid last year smarts a bit.

I might be odd as I don't necessarily mind paying a fair share of taxes, but something doesn't quite compute here. Let's hope I don't have to grab the pile of documents and fly out to NV to see the EA we used in the past to double check the tax return.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/20/20 4:25 p.m.

I ordered new headlights for the Miata. They arrived this afternoon. One was broken, the other had cracks and the sealant around the terminals was half melted with burn marks.

Yeah, thanks, no. ( prints return label )

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/20 5:05 p.m.

first illness of the season. It's a doozy. No hacking, coughing, or even much phlegm, but I am running a low grade fever and my hands go ice cold with it

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
2/20/20 5:06 p.m.

Had the Passat in "hover car mode" in order to do some maintenance on it.  Blocking in the Miata but so what, everyone in the house had a car.  TM went to drive to work Tuesday and discovered her left front tire was flat.   So she had to drive the teenager to work and take her car.   Tuesday evening I take off her tire to discover a hole in the sidewall.  New Continental Extremecontact DWS ordered from TR.  

Pull out the spare to discover it's bent and flat.  Attempts to heat it and beat it round are almost successful but it still bled down from 40 to 15 psi.  So she drives the teenagers car again Wednesday.

Wednesday parts come in and I install the new shocks, reinstall all 4 wheels (rotating them, a key point we'll get to in a minute), and put it back on the ground.

This morning TM leaves for work in the Passat but is freaked out by the noise. So she comes back home worried I hadn't tightened something and takes the teenagers car....again.  I stay at work late today to mount the new tire (a real fight, it honestly felt too small) and when I got home I rattled all the lug studs (another, separate, rant there) down and take the car for a test drive.

Remember that tire rotation?  Well the front brakes are so large that the calipers on the front hit the wheel weights with each rotation.  Self clearancing problem I suppose, but irritating.

Cars.... grumble.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/20/20 5:06 p.m.

Had to reclock an alternator. Easy! Right up until the brushes popped out. An hour later, its still not back together and my hands are killing me. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/20 6:47 p.m.

I hadn't sought internet medical advice in a couple years, since it convinced me my regularly scheduled panic attack was a heart attack.  Today I noticed my dry leg skin had turned into a blotchy rash so I googled remedies and was directed to a delightful page about blood clots.  Good luck falling asleep tonight. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/20 6:48 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Thin flexible wire to pin the brushes in the hoods. Assemble and pull the wire out. 

Dusterbd13-michael
2/20/20 6:52 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

Thin flexible wire to pin the brushes in the hoods. Assemble and pull the wire out. 

That's what I was trying to do.  Bear claws for hands and arthritis.  Almost had it once. ...

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/20/20 9:59 p.m.

Isn't local politics fun? Someone decided to take a policy discussion and make it into a personal attack. Except I'm the kind of guy with a long memory who keeps the receipts. Oh, and a black belt in Google-Fu.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't have skeletons in their closets, especially not skeletons that are part of official city records.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/20 10:04 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

As a local politician, I really need to hear this whole saga one day.

daeman
daeman Dork
2/20/20 10:50 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
Toyman01 said:

That's what I was trying to do.  Bear claws for hands and arthritis.  Almost had it once. ...

If it's one that you can put the brush box on first, then the housing, I like it to use smallish cable ties. Retract the brushes and retain them with the cable ties, drop the brush box over the com, snip the cable ties and remove.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
2/20/20 11:09 p.m.
Wally said:

I hadn't sought internet medical advice in a couple years, since it convinced me my regularly scheduled panic attack was a heart attack.  Today I noticed my dry leg skin had turned into a blotchy rash so I googled remedies and was directed to a delightful page about blood clots.  Good luck falling asleep tonight. 

Ugh this happens to me every time I feel any pain anywhere on my body. "Welp must be blood clots, goodbye cruel world" I think as I lay face down in bed wishing I'd made better life choices.

And yet I keep eating greasy foods...

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
2/20/20 11:30 p.m.

Had to unload truck at work today and my spine reminded me it's still berkeleyed up. I also volunteered to work an extra 8 hours tomorrow because I'm dumb. I'm not good at part time

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/21/20 8:30 a.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to slefain :

As a local politician, I really need to hear this whole saga one day.

One person banned from NextDoor so far, seven more to go. And I'm putting together a posse for the next city council meeting to show that it isn't just an online issue.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/21/20 8:51 a.m.

In reply to slefain :

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/21/20 8:59 a.m.
stanger_missle said:

Anybody want a 2010 Kia Forte Koup EX? It's a 5spd/2L with 147k miles. 

What's the least you will take?  

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
2/21/20 9:20 a.m.

In reply to slefain :

How the hell does one get banned from Nextdoor...?

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/21/20 9:28 a.m.
FuzzWuzzy said:

In reply to slefain :

How the hell does one get banned from Nextdoor...?

Personal attacks will do it, but it takes an act of Congress and a posse of people reporting the person. If your local mods are also biased, it makes it harder. One of our local mods is biased and closed the thread, but left it up for everyone to enjoy. That same mod also "liked" the post and commented on it. I'm working on have the mod removed as well.

A small angry group has run unchecked in the city for some time, but that time is coming to an end. I've got a silent majority that just needs to find their voice, and I'm going to help them do it.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
2/21/20 9:56 a.m.

In reply to slefain :

Well that would do it...you'd think they'd leave that on FB or something and not the site that essentially tells all your neighbors where you live.

Dusterbd13-michael
2/21/20 11:21 a.m.

$400 dmv trip. $90 of which was bill by mail tolls that weren't paid. I never saw an invoice, so i called. Lady on the phone said its common, as their bills look like junk mail intentionally so you dont open them and they can fine you.

berkeleyers.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
2/21/20 12:57 p.m.

Harbor Freight:  I know you're trying to reduce pilferage, but it shouldn't take 25 minutes with various tools to remove the plastic stubs when they break off in the sockets/extensions/etc. I'm trying to remove from the packaging... angry

This is the one time I think I might actually prefer vacu-formed plastic packaging... 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/21/20 4:26 p.m.
classicJackets said:

Insomnia, dreaming of project cars. Lady CJ and I have worked out a really good plan for our finances for the next few years that will be great for us long term, but will make doing almost anything with actual projects (at least new ones) much much harder. Living in Detroit and working/breathing automotive I'm dying to get into something classic muscle, and keep finding entry level dream cars very affordable near my family in Georgia. Tonight, is a 64 olds Cutlass/F85 coupe for $1500, no visible rust holes in the 1 picture. Arghh.. some year

So tell me about this 64 Cutlass.
Seriously, it's only going to get more expensive.  I'm surprised you could find this car for this price.  Even the pedestrian Tempest, Lemans, Cutlass and Chevelle prices are being effected by their muscle car brethren.  

1 ... 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 ... 1930

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q4yOQRT5NSgVYf1lPIm3C9gAQQBLMDdcRLivbFJTOb9mpSmOQejLyAdRpitC3UYD