1 ... 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 ... 1929
cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
3/31/20 10:21 p.m.

I bought a guitar on the internet, and it was broken when it got here. Now I have to wait 2 more days for its replacement. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/1/20 12:33 a.m.

Wtf, my wife just got a jury summons. Amidst all this. She gets a jury summons... This is her 4th time, and I'm older than her and have never gotten one. And in the midst of a stay at home order she gets another one.

We are strong believers in civil service, but we are looking for a way out of this one. 

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
4/1/20 2:38 a.m.

All of the human forms of decrepit have been crawling into me over the last couple of years. Now I need a timing belt change on a Honda A engine, and can't do it myself.

I love the car, and would (and ATM, *can*) pay a shop to do it. But none of the shops around me want to touch it.

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
4/1/20 5:48 a.m.

Hahaha April Fools Texas

91 out 2 days ago, today 49 wtf

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/1/20 7:20 a.m.

People are berkeleying disgusting.

Knurled.
4/1/20 7:20 a.m.
friedgreencorrado said:

All of the human forms of decrepit have been crawling into me over the last couple of years. Now I need a timing belt change on a Honda A engine, and can't do it myself.

I love the car, and would (and ATM, *can*) pay a shop to do it. But none of the shops around me want to touch it.

I loved doing those when they were common.  Dead simple.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
4/1/20 9:13 a.m.
Knurled. said:

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

That engine was knocking for a LONG time!

I bet the shrapnel from the crank eating itself is what took out the valvetrain.

Either way I'd treat it as a block with no user serviceable parts inside.  Everything will have been wrecked by the 180 grit oil floating around after the filter plugged hard enough to start bypassing.

I'm half-debating on re-listing it for what I paid for it, with everything listed wrong with it and what I've thrown away, just to recoup the cost.

I might get lucky and someone will want to buy the block, the scrap crank be damned.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/1/20 9:23 a.m.
Knurled. said:

People are berkeleying disgusting.

Well, sure they are.  Any particular example got you worked up?  Changing a blower motor in a Burger King fans car?  A nose picker who always wipes his boogers right beside the shifter?  A pair of old ranchers who filled the ashtray, then kept filling it until there was a Vesuvius looking pile coming all the way from the floor up over the top of the console?  A pizza delivery guy who left one under the seat for a month or two?  A parent who had not yet cleaned under the kids car seat, even though the kid is five now?  A vet who used his 145 Volvo as a mobile clinic, leaving every possible pill, powder and body fluid embedded in the carpet and upholstery? 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/1/20 10:56 a.m.

Governor shiny happy person, if you still want to keep all the kids out of school, I'm sending mine to your house for you to take care of.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
4/1/20 11:38 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Just thinking about the crankshaft nut makes me sigh. Where did my muscles go? 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/1/20 11:39 a.m.

RevRico said:

Governor shiny happy person, if you still want to keep all the kids out of school, I'm sending mine to your house for you to take care of.

In reply to RevRico :

Ahhhh, never mind.  I don't want to let loose the way I really feel like doing right now.

Read the last few pages of the "When is it time to panic" thread and then decide if you still feel that way.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/1/20 11:50 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Yea I've been keeping an eye on it. And I do still feel the way I do. 

Only so many days of getting screamed at for 14  hours a man can take. Combined with the complete and totally worthless middle management shiny happy people at Wells Fargo and I fully expect to be drafted into another boondoggle before I can close on this damn house.

I'm sick of holding it together for everyone. 

Late edit: I get it, I sound like a prick. Oh well. I've lost my physical business and my online business so far, physical is "indefinitely closed" while online is closed until people get over their fear of China again so "indefinitely" there too. I'm too new and too small to qualify for any state or federal help for them as well. This house shopping E36 M3 has been one major berkeleyup and setback after another, mostly due to incompetence and refusal to listen from the gaping shiny happy people at the bank, who have a fetish for calling at close of business on Friday demanding something then not responding to anything again until close of business Monday or Tuesday. So now throwing in 4 days a week of getting screamed at from 6am to 8pm and I'm berkeleying frazzled and sick of everything and everyone. 

Knurled.
4/1/20 12:01 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Tan/beige interior that is blackened at the door' pull cup and the front of the seat.  We are doing a wipedown of anything we might touch before getting in the car.  Now the whole driver's armrest is smeared with nasty filth.

This is like two steps beyond the steering wheels that have a layer of hand spooge paste all over them.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
4/1/20 12:05 p.m.

Got sent home from work again. We are open but I'm only actually getting to work about 10 hours a week. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
4/1/20 1:07 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Oh god, the yelling. I'm also so sick of it. One tiny thing goes wrong and it's rant rant rant. Kiddo, I told you the trip outside was going to be short it's not ok to freak out when I ask you nicely to come inside. Ahh!

Just try to remember she doesn't have a developed frontal lobe yet. She doesn't choose to act like that. It doesn't help me but maybe it'll help you. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
4/1/20 1:14 p.m.

Mine's 5 and she's just now starting to understand that daddy still has to work, even while home. Just like she has to do school work, even while at home.

We'll see which of us cracks closer to the end of the school year first.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Reader
4/1/20 1:17 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

1. I am sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time.

2. Next year, at parent-teacher conferences, please remember what it was actually like to spend all-day/every-day with your kids.

Matthew

(former teacher, wife still teaches)

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
4/1/20 1:27 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET A MORTGAGE THROUGH WELLS FARGO!

You've been warned. I don't care if it's interest free for the rest of your life. Don't do it!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/1/20 1:37 p.m.
NOT A TA said:

In reply to RevRico :

You've been warned. I don't care if it's interest free for the rest of your life. Don't do it!

Getting a mortgage is always a pain, but I've heard enough horror stories about WF that I'm firmly with you on this. BoA is supposed to be horrible as well.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
4/1/20 1:39 p.m.

So the inheritance monies I received last year were very nice.  But my step mother decided that she had to involve a lawyer because she apparently hates herself and me.  berkeleywit lawyer writes it up as a capital gain and files a K-1 form with the IRS.   So unless I can get a correction/waiver/retraction, my tax burden for 2019 will go up by 5-7k.  Stellar.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/1/20 1:39 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

You said it, we didn't.  Not that I wasn't thinking it.  Sorry, but you have a roof over your head, I suspect food in the fridge and your health.  berkeley the rest of it, EVERYTHING is berkeleyed up right now and there are people who have it much worse than you.  Your child has had their schedule completely screwed up and routine is very, very important.  They also feed of your own anxiety and emotions.  So try to establish some sort of routine and help them channel their energy and emotions into something positive.

BTW, Wells Fargo has been a E36 M3 show for decades, this is nothing new, so why are you dealing with them when there are so many other banks and credit unions around?  Don't be afraid to go over their heads to management with your concerns.

Finally, as someone who works in the banking industry, I can say that we've had to move about 50K employees from their call centers, cubicles and offices to working from home.  Many had to have their desktops/laptops encrypted, remote access software installed and configured, their remote accounts provisioned and for most of them this is all new.  Add the stress and anxiety of what is happening in the world?  Yeah, E36 M3 show is a good way to describe it.  Other orgs are going through similar challenges.

Anyway, sorry to rant at you, but I just wanted to provide some perspective and also more importantly to tell you that we're all in this together and if there is something we can do remotely to help, please reach out.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/1/20 1:42 p.m.
Stefan said:

In reply to RevRico :

You said it, we didn't.  Not that I wasn't thinking it.  Sorry, but you have a roof over your head, I suspect food in the fridge and your health.  berkeley the rest of it, EVERYTHING is berkeleyed up right now and there are people who have it much worse than you.  Your child has had their schedule completely screwed up and routine is very, very important.  They also feed of your own anxiety and emotions.  So try to establish some sort of routine and help them channel their energy and emotions into something positive.

BTW, Wells Fargo has been a E36 M3 show for decades, this is nothing new, so why are you dealing with them when there are so many other banks and credit unions around?  Don't be afraid to go over their heads to management with your concerns.

Finally, as someone who works in the banking industry, I can say that we've had to move about 50K employees from their call centers, cubicles and offices to working from home.  Many had to have their desktops/laptops encrypted, remote access software installed and configured, their remote accounts provisioned and for most of them this is all new.  Add the stress and anxiety of what is happening in the world?  Yeah, E36 M3 show is a good way to describe it.  Other orgs are going through similar challenges.

Anyway, sorry to rant at you, but I just wanted to provide some perspective and also more importantly to tell you that we're all in this together and if there is something we can do remotely to help, please reach out.

What company do you work for? Feel free to PM me with it, if you're willing. I also work in the industry - 3 letter company name, - type DUA, only one letter to the right on your keyboard for each letter and you'll know the company.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/1/20 2:23 p.m.
mtn said:
NOT A TA said:

Getting a mortgage is always a pain, but I've heard enough horror stories about WF that I'm firmly with you on this. BoA is supposed to be horrible as well.

My mortgage was with Wells Fargo and I've had a great BoA credit card for almost 20 years.

I never had a lick of trouble with either company, and in fact I think their service has been excellent.

I am clearly an outlier.  It sucks that I've probably used up a lot of my available luck on that.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/1/20 2:27 p.m.

Also in banking, also shuffling people from the call centers around. Today I was informed that there is a confirmed COVID-19 case on the floor where my office is. Luckily, I've been working from home for weeks. My monitor, keyboard and docking station can just stay where they are for a while longer.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/1/20 2:49 p.m.
Duke said:
mtn said:
NOT A TA said:

My mortgage was with Wells Fargo and I've had a great BoA credit card for almost 20 years.

I never had a lick of trouble with either company, and in fact I think their service has been excellent.

I am clearly an outlier.  It sucks that I've probably used up a lot of my available luck on that.

I doubt you're actually an outlier. I expect that your experiences with both are what MOST people experience - otherwise WF and BoA wouldn't be as large as they are. But ask around about almost any bank, and you won't really hear anything negative about most of them... Except for BoA and WF. 

My mom has had bad experiences with BoA. They also had their mortgage through WF, and had no issues. But ask Floating Doc about his WF issues - and I know a few other "personal" anecdotes like that. Every other bank, I can't remember any of that. 

1 ... 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mt1qnJnzwOZplkCKWrUV6607woAVPuFTSiav3uYqAMzj5asAl8FgjPF3ey9Fu4mo