1 ... 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 ... 1929
Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/20 6:16 p.m.

Berking lawyers. They've already wasted 120 days since the trial trying to write up the judgement that should have taken 14 days tops, and now they are saying the payment didn't have to come until 180 days after the date of the entry of judgement instead of the trial date. Future SWMBO is getting screwed. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/27/20 8:40 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
spitfirebill said:

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

The doctor shoulda told you that you cannot go to work after a procedure.  You may not remember.  The sleeping so long afterward makes me think you had versed and fentanyl.    I had that the first two times and feel really mellow for several hours.  The last 3 used propofol and I feel like I could have gone to work after I woke up.  I missed the lala land feeling.  

They said no driving, no operating heavy machinery, and no making any legal decisions- I took that last one as a hint that I probably shouldn't be doing airframe stress analysis either (though to be fair, it's also largely impossible to do that when you're asleep too, so...). Yeah, I know Fentanyl was one of the drugs they used- the sheet they gave me had both of them listed but I only remember that one explicitly. 

So, they grease up a six foot camera and stuff it up your nether regions, and they give fentanyl for this?

Wow.  Nothing.  They gave me nothing, and I needed nothing.  Weird.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
5/27/20 8:53 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
spitfirebill said:

The doctor shoulda told you that you cannot go to work after a procedure.  You may not remember.  The sleeping so long afterward makes me think you had versed and fentanyl.    I had that the first two times and feel really mellow for several hours.  The last 3 used propofol and I feel like I could have gone to work after I woke up.  I missed the lala land feeling.  

They said no driving, no operating heavy machinery, and no making any legal decisions- I took that last one as a hint that I probably shouldn't be doing airframe stress analysis either (though to be fair, it's also largely impossible to do that when you're asleep too, so...). Yeah, I know Fentanyl was one of the drugs they used- the sheet they gave me had both of them listed but I only remember that one explicitly. 

So, they grease up a six foot camera and stuff it up your nether regions, and they give fentanyl for this?

You got 6ft worth of camera up your butt and it was like a walk in the park?  Damn. surprise

neverdone
neverdone New Reader
5/27/20 8:59 p.m.

In reply to Shadeux (Forum Supporter) : Everyone- I'd be leery of anything other than the real deal.  I did a wipe test at age 37 and came back fine and two years later was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer.  A colonoscopy only sounds scary- it's really no big deal.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
5/27/20 9:50 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm 55 and my new doc read into how I've not had one yet (no one's asked me to) that I was reluctant to go through the procedure. I'm not, but they suggested a new option - You Mail In Your Poop!!!

I was totally down for this! I did the deed, mailed it in - doc says I'm good.

For some reason I was really enthralled about my poop traveling around the states.  frown

Heh. Cologuard, I'm assuming? The Dancer and I get quite a laugh at any time any of those commercials come on- their ad agency did a very good job on them. They recommended my doing it now because of some issues I've had over the last few years and wanting to get a look inside and confirm there wasn't anything more serious at play. Thankfully they didn't find anything at all out of the ordinary and didn't even need to take any biopsies. The Dancer wasn't particularly thrilled with the little packet of all the pictures they took of the inside through when she realized what she was looking at cheeky.

I did the Couloguard thing last year.  Or was it 2018?  Time is a blur at the moment.  Bonus was getting to take a box of my E36 M3 to work for UPS pickup.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/28/20 2:23 a.m.

Im awake.  It 3:30am.

Not happy. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/28/20 4:17 a.m.

Should not have eaten the second half of that sandwich. Pretty sure my heartburn could melt steel at this point. 

That new fridge better berkeleying arrive as scheduled.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/28/20 9:16 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
spitfirebill said:

Well, they didn't exactly ask me how I wanted them to do it- honestly I imagine when we get the bill from it I'll be wishing they'd done it without the need for an anesthesiologist. Makes for a very weird work week though since I was off Monday for the holiday, out Wednesday for the procedure, and this Friday is my 'off' Friday from our 9/80 split schedule. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/28/20 9:17 a.m.
Jerry said:

I did the Couloguard thing last year.  Or was it 2018?  Time is a blur at the moment.  Bonus was getting to take a box of my E36 M3 to work for UPS pickup.

That's a lot of the reason we snicker so much at the commercials- that and the line, "And then, you just ship it out..." since the first time we heard it we both didn't hear 'ship'....

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/28/20 10:03 a.m.

Just got a call from my boss. Not so good.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/28/20 10:13 a.m.
RevRico said:

Should not have eaten the second half of that sandwich. Pretty sure my heartburn could melt steel at this point. 

That new fridge better berkeleying arrive as scheduled.

Next time, leave it in the parking lot where you found it.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/28/20 10:16 a.m.
T.J. said:

Just got a call from my boss. Not so good.

Sorry, man.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/28/20 6:33 p.m.

Changing your entire diet because you're gonna die otherwise is a giant pain in the ass. 

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/28/20 6:35 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Strongly considering changing mine a bit so I don't have to later. I don't know if I will because I'm an idiot but it is being considered. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/28/20 6:40 p.m.
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Strongly considering changing mine a bit so I don't have to later. I don't know if I will because I'm an idiot but it is being considered. 

Take it from someone who is learning the hard eay- do it now. It berkeleyin sucks to have the grocery store run require a nap afterwards. And really, I looked- making the changes I should have made would have been really easy (the sodium is a huge one) and now it sucks because you know...taco Bell

CJ (He's Just an FS)
CJ (He's Just an FS) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/28/20 7:19 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Hope things are OK with you

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/28/20 10:05 p.m.

Bought a handful of cookie sheets/baking pans today. They don't fit in that stupid berkeleying in wall oven. I made them fit anyway, but that messed up my cookies. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/28/20 10:41 p.m.

Marry a dietitian they said. It’ll be healthy they said. Damn woman made me cookie-Oreo-brownie megadessert thing. 

I need to go to a vegan diet again. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/29/20 3:34 a.m.

That mask is doing us all a lot of good AROUND-YOUR-BERKING-NECK, you berkeleying idiot. 

wae (Forum Supporter)
wae (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/29/20 4:32 a.m.

I managed to tweak my back a little bit yesterday carrying some stuff up the stairs.  It was okay last night, but at about 3am I woke up in pain and it doesn't seem to be dialing back yet.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/29/20 8:50 a.m.

Zero motivation to work for my job knowing that in a month it will probably no longer exist, and if it somehow continues to exist, it will not be sustainable long term. Why do the work when it's just going to be thrown away later anyway?  Job hunt I'm just starting to see the same non-interesting jobs pop up over and over again. I keep getting grouchy during the day and it's difficult to keep it from spilling over into non-work life. My brain isn't able to shut off at the end of the work day. 

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/20 9:54 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
spitfirebill said:

I get probed every 5 years thanks to my crohnes, as I get into my 50s, I am told I should have it done more often. I only go for the drugs

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/20 3:54 p.m.

My shipment from Northern Tool shipped on the 16th, estimated delivery of 5/20. It showed as leaving WV on 5/20 and no updates since. I called fedex, 30 second hold time and they said I had to call the shipper to file a claim. Called Northern Tool and have been on hold for an hour. It would be less annoying if they didn't interrupt the hold music every 30 seconds to tell me they appreciate my patience.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/20 4:29 p.m.
EvanB (Forum Supporter) said:

My shipment from Northern Tool shipped on the 16th, estimated delivery of 5/20. It showed as leaving WV on 5/20 and no updates since. I called fedex, 30 second hold time and they said I had to call the shipper to file a claim. Called Northern Tool and have been on hold for an hour. It would be less annoying if they didn't interrupt the hold music every 30 seconds to tell me they appreciate my patience.

We appreciate your patience....

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
5/29/20 5:55 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Im awake.  It 3:30am.

Not happy. 

Me too. Well I was so I could go to work at 5:30. Last meeting ends around 6:30 pm today. Then back to the office tonight or tomorrow morning for a hour to finalize some stuff. 

I am tired grouchy and pissed off. Also the wife is tired grouchy and pissed off. She i nearing day 75 at home right now and she is really hurting not being outside in the good weather. 

1 ... 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2ROxSY4jdfBMafmsY6x9lsRb4DcXV123yx2SuT1hF0ZF3naw79ZysLyfRSzVidk0