1 ... 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 ... 1226
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/29/20 6:01 p.m.

There used to be some sweet Excel files for running injectors with TunerStudio's test mode at several different pulse widths for a certain length of time and coming up with an accurate deadtime and injector size.

 

I have been looking for these for over a month and cannot find them.

 

yes, I know about cycle switching.  I would not want to try that with a setup that would be in the 1.5-1.7ms range, we'd be getting down into small pulsewidth error territory if that were halved.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/30/20 4:37 p.m.

My ex wife has had a child with another person. That's fine, don't care. I care about my kid. I do not however want any involvement in new baby. I don't want pictures, videos, any of it. I don't know how to explain it to the woman I want nothing to do with her new kid.  

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/30/20 7:01 p.m.

Alibaba is blocked at work, which is probably a good thing since it prevents me from looking at cheap Chinese electric vehicles.

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
5/31/20 12:50 a.m.

As the world burns my neighbors are having a party, it's 12:46 am and I can hear the music like its an apartment.

I live in the woods.

This afternoon we watched a drunk almost hit the four wheeler they are STILL riding up and down the road.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/31/20 7:23 a.m.

Since the covid 19 hit we've slowed down at work. Trucks aren't going out.  Production is running short schedules, yet somehow I'm working more.  12hr shifts, 6 days a week. 152hrs for last pay period.  Not that I'm complaining much, at least im working but damn I'm tired.  Plus as of THREE FREAKING DAYS AGO!!! they've required us to have masks on at all times while in the facility.  My asthma is not loving this new situation.  Also night shift blows!!!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/31/20 7:37 a.m.
Mndsm said:

My ex wife has had a child with another person. That's fine, don't care. I care about my kid. I do not however want any involvement in new baby. I don't want pictures, videos, any of it. I don't know how to explain it to the woman I want nothing to do with her new kid.  

It's not about you, it's about her. She's happy. She wants people to know she's happy. Probably. Or she's horrible. That's also a possibility. 

My rant: new neighbors are putting some serious energy into the property. That means that the back yard is getting clean for the first time since we moved in 20 years ago. That also means we can see into their back yard instead of it being a solid wall of foliage. I liked the wall of foliage better. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/31/20 7:56 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

She might be happy? I suspect she's lonely and probably regretting s lot of her actions. She contacts me at the weirdest times over the weirdest E36 M3, to try and have random conversations. And then slides in the ol Gibson is such a good big brother. Either she's way more socially inept than I could have ever given her credit for, or she's trying t justify something to me. 

ThurdFerguson (Freeloader)
ThurdFerguson (Freeloader) Reader
5/31/20 11:01 a.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve (FS) :

I see Coopers creek marked on the map between the two properties.  I bet that valley acts as a natural amplifier for the noise.  I used to live in rural area near the Lake of the Ozarks with similar lay of the land with the same problem neighbor. 

We sold and moved two hours away to near Columbia.

 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
5/31/20 9:37 p.m.

Some dumbass broke into our city pool today to let their kids swim. They yanked back the pool cover and let the kids have at it. Except the pool hasn't been opened for the season yet, which means it hasn't been treated for swimming. No filters running, no life guards, untreated water, and the pool cover still in place. Just insane.

Guess the city will have to drain the pool now because a 6' padlocked fence and a heavy-duty winter pool cover apparently aren't enough of a hint for some people.

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
5/31/20 9:51 p.m.

After being married for 5 years I think me and wife are at the point of being honest with each otherish.. my SIL is a high end nurse and honestly is the stupidest person I know! And I think I finally have the will power to overcome cigarettes and beer. Time for a better lifestyle

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
5/31/20 10:16 p.m.
ThurdFerguson (Freeloader) said:

In reply to Bent-Valve (FS) :

I see Coopers creek marked on the map between the two properties.  I bet that valley acts as a natural amplifier for the noise.  I used to live in rural area near the Lake of the Ozarks with similar lay of the land with the same problem neighbor. 

We sold and moved two hours away to near Columbia.

 

Funny story. That's Coperas creek. They changed the name from Copperhead creek years ago.

The original name is more accurate. 

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
5/31/20 10:18 p.m.

We drive all the time with it pointed at our face.

Why is it that I am unreasonable nervous removing the bomb from the steering wheel?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
5/31/20 11:14 p.m.

When I am stressed out I clean and work on the house. i am stressed out about a lot of E36 M3 right now plus the riots mean no leaving the house. 
 

every single lightbulb in my house works now. I acid washed and cleaned the garage floors, put in another two bays of lighting in the garage and put them on motion sensors. New outdoor lights are in. Entire house has been cleaned and bleached. Looking for weird shot to do now so power washed the grill and cleaned out the smoker for next season. Painted a ceiling as well  this is over the weekend. 
 

you could eat off the floors in the garage and house right now. Now starting up the paint touch up. Friend brought her golden retriever over and now I want a dog. 
 

seriously  I just want some normal. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/1/20 2:03 a.m.

Checked out the panic thread. Saw that it was the same 5-10ish posters going round robin at each other as it was 7,852 pages ago. And promptly nopped the berkeley back out of that thread for another couple of weeks.

wae (Forum Supporter)
wae (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/1/20 5:51 a.m.

At some point in time, I must have dropped something on my toe.  Can't remember when or what it might have been.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
6/1/20 2:51 p.m.

I'm getting my ass kicked by differences in c4 transmissions. I should have just bought the floor shifter to run an aod after spending all this money 

wae (Forum Supporter)
wae (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/1/20 2:59 p.m.

Some knucklehead called animal control claiming that our dogs were left outside for excessive periods of time with no appropriate shelter.  The animal control officer drove by a while ago and sent us a "courtsey notice" about it so I called him up and find out WTF was up.  My theory is that it was Dozer who was complaining that first of all the couch just isn't big enough and secondly, when I go to watch TV I make him get off of that couch and go sit on the other one.  The good news is that he told me that when he drove by, he didn't see anything that would substantiate the claim that the dogs were left outside and he told me that from when he first got the complaint he thought it was fishy.

So now I am trying to figure out a game that I can go out in the back yard and play with the dogs that makes them bark a ton, because berkeley whoever that was.  Perhaps we'll play every day before work at around 6am or so.  Oh, and before bed, say around 10pm?

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/1/20 3:04 p.m.
wae (Forum Supporter) said:

Some knucklehead called animal control claiming that our dogs were left outside for excessive periods of time with no appropriate shelter.  The animal control officer drove by a while ago and sent us a "courtsey notice" about it so I called him up and find out WTF was up.  My theory is that it was Dozer who was complaining that first of all the couch just isn't big enough and secondly, when I go to watch TV I make him get off of that couch and go sit on the other one.  The good news is that he told me that when he drove by, he didn't see anything that would substantiate the claim that the dogs were left outside and he told me that from when he first got the complaint he thought it was fishy.

So now I am trying to figure out a game that I can go out in the back yard and play with the dogs that makes them bark a ton, because berkeley whoever that was.  Perhaps we'll play every day before work at around 6am or so.  Oh, and before bed, say around 10pm?

Aww, c'mon man, don't do that. That wouldn't be neighborly. 

 

(I have a very barky dog. I know he annoys my neighbors. I try to limit how much he annoys them)

tuna55 (Forum Supporter)
tuna55 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/1/20 3:04 p.m.

test

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/1/20 3:06 p.m.

test

wae (Forum Supporter)
wae (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/1/20 3:14 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

(I have a very barky dog. I know he annoys my neighbors. I try to limit how much he annoys them)

Oh, mine are really barky too and I do the same thing, They're outside for.. maybe 90 minutes a day, if that.  And that's spread out over a period of time.  And typically when they start having a conference call with the other dogs, they're inside within about 5 minutes, if that.  But, as a great philosopher once put it:

(okay, fine, I'm mostly only kidding.)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/1/20 3:27 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

"Sibilance!  Sibiance!"

Work just changed my job entirely. Not in a way that is good for the way I'm wired. Not good at all. Im pissed. I don't like the change, and is honestly the one job that i truly hate. Being stuck at my desk on the phone all day every day is my personal vision of hell. And that's exactly what my new job duty is. No community basis at all, but still responsible. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/1/20 7:50 p.m.
wae (Forum Supporter) said:

At some point in time, I must have dropped something on my toe.  Can't remember when or what it might have been.

What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs, runs over your neighbor's dog?

What's great for a snack and fits on your back?  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/1/20 9:30 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

1 ... 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 ... 1226
Our Preferred Partners
GVf48oCRGQr6y1TVu0iyetkS4YQae2SlV3diwVVVnuElM9PicVBrB9VY3JojAAc8